Le Mans Cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter Salmaan595
  • 64 comments
  • 6,065 views
Messages
94
Messages
GTP_salmaan595
Hey guys

Once the in race save comes out im going to do the 24 hour races
But i wanted to use an actual le mans car

I have no experience with any le mans cars tho cuz i never have much money

At this point ive got 5 mil so what would be the best lm car in that range?

Thanks
 
Pugger HDi or Mazda 787B 👍
 
Pugger HDi 👍

In my opinion the HDi is far far superior car in all aspects to the 787B. But they both are great vehicles. I guess it comes down to preference.
 
5 mill should be enough to cover you for all the le mans cars, so no need to worry about money :)

Group C cars are definitely faster, but you'll have to pit more often.
LMP's are not as fast, but their tyres last much longer and I think they're a bit more frugal on fuel too.

Personally I'd go Group C just because I prefer them, but at any rate the added speed around the track should certainly be enough to make up for the extra pitting needed. I'd go for the 787B, or if you can find them in the UCD, a Nissan R92CP or Sauber C9 will serve you just fine.
 
If you have the car to do it, win Like The Wind in A-Spec and you're get the Toyota 88C-V. That thing'll beat just about any AI car you'll meet.
 
If you have the car to do it, win Like The Wind in A-Spec and you're get the Toyota 88C-V. That thing'll beat just about any AI car you'll meet.

FGT and X2010 are the only things that can beat the Minolta. :) That tells you all you need to know about how absolutely insanely awesome the Minolta is.
 
Yes, notice I said any AI car you'll meet. You'll never meet them in A-Spec when you're driving that car. You can't enter it into the FGT Championship and there is no X2010 race besides the Special Event which is a time trial.

The Bureau of Redundancy Department (BoRD) thanks you.
 
Oh and do yhe cars pit in the 24 hour races?
Cuz i did the tsukuba 4 hour and i was the only one who pit
 
Everyone pits.
 
Or the Audi R10 :D But from what I've heard the Peugeot 908 is better (though I'm still going to buy (or win) an R10
 
get the minolta in "like the wind" and save your 5m. or if you really need to buy one i'd recommend the FAP or 787B
 
I'd recommend the Sauber C9, great handling once set up correctly.
 
787B sounds like heaven.

I'd buy it. Oh wait, I already did. :D
 
I'll do enduros as soon as mid-race save option arrives, and I'll be using 908 HDi. If I decide to do it once again, I will use something different, like Jaguar XJR-9, Bentley Speed 8 or BMW V12 LMR.
 
PureLogic
get the minolta in "like the wind" and save your 5m. or if you really need to buy one i'd recommend the FAP or 787B

Is that a spec or b spec?
 
I'll give a vote to the Pug Hdi, I use it more often than my 787B and it can do quicker laps with a proper setup:D
 
My car of choice was the NISSAN R89 tuned to the max 👍
 
The best premium Le Mans race car is the Peugeot 908, followed closely by the Mazda 787B. The Audi R10 is slightly worse than these, but I enjoy driving it more for its awesome cockpit view. The MINOLTA is a prize car in A-Spec Like The Wind so you can just use that (although I don't know if it's a Le Mans Car, but it is comparable to the other race cars). The top 3 race cars, save F1 cars, are the Nissan R89C Race Car, Audi R8 Race Car and Toyota GT-ONE Race Car in my opinion.
 
All of the Le Mans cars are good. Hard to beat the freebie Minolta. And the Toyota GT-1 can also be won. But you'll also want to collect others. Some of my favorites are the Sauber C9 (son't own but I've driven it), Audi R8 Race Car (Audi PlayStation Team ORECA) '05, Mazda 787B, BMW V12 LMR Race Car '99, and Peugeot 908 HDi FAP.

The car I'd like to have but can't find is the Nissan R89C. Would also buy the Sauber imediately if I could find it.

The worst LMP car I've driven so far is the Audio R10 TDI.
 
Im with you on the bmw v12
That thing is incredible
 
I have a Bentley Speed 8, i dont even know if its a Le Mans car.
 
Well, you should find an online friend who has some Group C or Le Mans cars. Then try which you like most and you most enjoy driving. 24 hours are damn long to drive, and doing it with a car you don't like is really a pain in the a**.

Try some cars of your friends, find the car you like most and buy it. Usually you can win it with every group C car and almost every LM or LMS car. However the time you acctually have to race divers greatly from car to car, because you will have less lead on the AI the weaker the car is.

Do you guys know if there is still the bug with the AI racers that they pit after a while every round because they are to tired to drive on?
 
I used the Pescarolo C60 Hybride - Judd Race car '05. I finished the race with a 22 lap lead. Rear tires will wear out quick though in dry conditions. But I got a good enough lead where it didn't matter.
 
Well, you should find an online friend who has some Group C or Le Mans cars. Then try which you like most and you most enjoy driving. 24 hours are damn long to drive, and doing it with a car you don't like is really a pain in the a**.

Try some cars of your friends, find the car you like most and buy it. Usually you can win it with every group C car and almost every LM or LMS car. However the time you acctually have to race divers greatly from car to car, because you will have less lead on the AI the weaker the car is.

Do you guys know if there is still the bug with the AI racers that they pit after a while every round because they are to tired to drive on?

Good idea. You can add me if you want I have just about all of them (and the Japanese race cars that perform in the same league). The Nissan R92CP has the best acceleration (but perhaps the most oversteer), the Audi R8 Race Car '01 (I think the '05 one is the same, I'll have one later) seems to corner the fastest. The three best ones from my testing are the Audi R8 Race Car '01, Toyota GT-ONE Race Car '99 (it also has the best top speed) and the Nissan R89C Race Car '89. The '04 and '05 Pescarolo race cars are the worst for high speed turns (the '03 model does not have this problem).

The Nissan R390 GT1 Race Car and AMG Mercedes CLK-LM Race Car '98 are a bit slower than the others since they have less downforce (70-50 rear/front compared to 85-60, so they corner slower). However these two are the easiest to drive, as well as the Peugeot 908 (the best premium one).

But honestly you can hop into either of these and win the 24 hour races easily, even without upgrading the car. The AI is very slow on corners especially in race cars, and you can always ram them off the road.
 
I prefer understeer to oversteer when racing cuz its hard to countersteer with my wheel

Which of the cars understeers more and oversteers least?
 
Back