Le Mans Cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter Salmaan595
  • 64 comments
  • 6,065 views
Question to those of those who completed it. Have any of yall noticed a significant difference in the fuel consumption of the diesels (908 and R10) compared to the group c or early lmp brethren? If no one has an answer if you could post what your total laps were at the end and the margin of victory with the car you drove it might help. I want to use a diesel but I dont want to be so far off the pace of these group c cars that'll waste severl (or even 24 :P ) hours.
 
Question to those of those who completed it. Have any of yall noticed a significant difference in the fuel consumption of the diesels (908 and R10) compared to the group c or early lmp brethren? If no one has an answer if you could post what your total laps were at the end and the margin of victory with the car you drove it might help. I want to use a diesel but I dont want to be so far off the pace of these group c cars that'll waste severl (or even 24 :P ) hours.
I don’t know if the tank is smaller in the 908, but when I was testing and deciding between the GT-One and the 908, the 908 seemed to drink a lot of fuel. The fuel gauge went down pretty quick. (both stock, no added turbo etc). It might get 11-12 laps, but I never got to the bottom of the tank... I chose the GT-One. But the 908 will win.
I ran on Racing Mediums, no rain. Won by 10 laps. Just cruising, looking after tyres and fuel most of the time. Link in sig to results screen

The AI use LMP and GT cars. They don’t use Group C cars.
 
Is the CLK LM Race Car a good investment?

I guess what I'm really asking is how much better would Mr Melendez's German touring car have to be?,he's currently at level 26.
 
Last edited:
I think you will win the slow AI in about any group c or lmp car that the game can offer. Just choose any car you happen to fancy. :)
 
I think you will win the slow AI in about any group c or lmp car that the game can offer. Just choose any car you happen to fancy. :)

I recently got an M3 GTR,you think that'll do it?
 
I haven't driven it yet as sceduling the time for 3-5 guys to drive the race as a team can be hard. I would probably try with Audi R10 as i happen to already own it.

I don't know how good the AI is after the update but what i have read it's not yet good enough to challenge an average or above racer. I have read race reports of Nürburgring 24h race where people have used cars considerably slower than AI and being able to win but top speed and stability under high speeds is very important on Le Mans so that's why i consider the M3 GTR to be a risky choice there.
 
Well I do have an R10TDI but I don't think it's legible for the German touringcar championship.
 
We are but it seemed pointless making a new one..>.<
 
i find that the LMP cars tent to understeer a bit (most likely my driving style), except the Speed 8 love that car. great all rounder.

i really like the group C cars, like the C9 and 787.
 
buy the AUDI R10 TDI! it's so stable on the track, but also a little bit slower. but in the long end it's a very nice car to drive and especially at night! :D

So go buy the AUDI R10 TDI! :P
 
if you can control the toyota gt one , you will win vs any group C car imo , this car has never ever disappointed me /me loves gtone
 
do the headlight on premium cars illuminate the road better than standards? I'm yet to do the 24 hr races. (waiting for in-game saves)
 
do the headlight on premium cars illuminate the road better than standards? I'm yet to do the 24 hr races. (waiting for in-game saves)


just turn up the brightness on your TV, it works for me
 
do the headlight on premium cars illuminate the road better than standards? I'm yet to do the 24 hr races. (waiting for in-game saves)


Not nessaserily the 908 team mainbeam does more plainspotting than lighting up the road.

And you dont need to alter the tv brightness at all, in the mini menu inrace you alter the EV setting to compensate, surprises me how many people arnt aware of this.
 
not a lemans car...

group c


What you on about, not a lemans car. 1st its Le-man, 2nd group C where made for Le-man before LMP's came out.
 
stadti
Well, you should find an online friend who has some Group C or Le Mans cars. Then try which you like most and you most enjoy driving. 24 hours are damn long to drive, and doing it with a car you don't like is really a pain in the a**.

Try some cars of your friends, find the car you like most and buy it. Usually you can win it with every group C car and almost every LM or LMS car. However the time you acctually have to race divers greatly from car to car, because you will have less lead on the AI the weaker the car is.

Do you guys know if there is still the bug with the AI racers that they pit after a while every round because they are to tired to drive on?

It's not a bug, they switch out drivers once in a while (look at pit strategy it tells when to switch out)
 
Its not a Le Mans Prototype. Group C cars still raced at Le Mans though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyAcOAC0F5k&feature=related

skip to ~0:40 to see the R89, Jag and C9 battling it out at the 1989 24 hours of Le Mans

Yes I know...
They haven't been le mans cars since 1992 and were in the group C category at lemans.
When talking about lemans cars people typically mean LMP1, LMP2 or GT1... group C was completely different.

If a lobby is titled LMP cars then you can't use group C cars is what I meant because they have much more power and are lighter than LMP cars.

By your logic I could use the 330 P4, GT40 and numerous other cars as an example... typically people don't have lounges that say "any le mans car ever" because it would be an unbalanced race.
 
Yes I know...
They haven't been le mans cars since 1992 and were in the group C category at lemans.
When talking about lemans cars people typically mean LMP1, LMP2 or GT1... group C was completely different.

If a lobby is titled LMP cars then you can't use group C cars is what I meant because they have much more power and are lighter than LMP cars.

By your logic I could use the 330 P4, GT40 and numerous other cars as an example... typically people don't have lounges that say "any le mans car ever" because it would be an unbalanced race.


Sorry to dissagree but when people i know refer to Le-mans cars they are typically talking about the group C/LMP1 and LMP2 and to slightly lesser extent GT1 cars.
And when either myselff or my friends open a room entitled Le-mans cars only this is what we expect but not so GT1 as they cannot compete.
 
Is the CLK LM Race Car a good investment?

I guess what I'm really asking is how much better would Mr Melendez's German touring car have to be?,he's currently at level 26.

hmmm... if the price is right, yes. i'd buy it for under 2mil, but definitely not more than that, just my .02. there are faster and funner cars in the game, and plenty of them.
 
Sorry to dissagree but when people i know refer to Le-mans cars they are typically talking about the group C/LMP1 and LMP2 and to slightly lesser extent GT1 cars.
And when either myselff or my friends open a room entitled Le-mans cars only this is what we expect but not so GT1 as they cannot compete.

Well LMP cars can't compete with group C cars in the same way that GT1 cars can't compete with either. My R92CP beats LMP cars by around 10 seconds on le sarthe.

Ok, anyone under the age of 25 who won't remember group C refers to LMP 1/2 as lemans cars.

Group C hasn't existed in almost 20 years... it's the same reason people think of WRC cars instead of group B cars when thinking of rally championships.
 
I love the pescarolo C60 peugeot (havebt driven the judd hybrid thats in the ocd yet) and the bmw V12, both drive really easy and great fun :)
 
alx-ndr- Agreed. And although it seems like people on this thread know what they're talking about, there are so many around who dont... Its astonishing. There should be a required-to-read section about the history of racing before you're let anywhere near a thread that talks about specific classes of cars.

If you're up for a challenge, use the R10. Yes, it is marginally slower, but with fast, careful driving, I'm convinced that it could still win.

Someone up above was asking about the lap time of Diesel vs Petrol, and seriously, look at the first 3 rows of the starting grid at Le Mans this past weekend- All Diesels. Of course the regulations have changed over they years, but in terms of "Modern" LMP cars, the Peugeot 908 HDi FAP is the fastest on the game.
 
alx-ndr- Agreed. And although it seems like people on this thread know what they're talking about, there are so many around who dont... Its astonishing. There should be a required-to-read section about the history of racing before you're let anywhere near a thread that talks about specific classes of cars.

Yeah I was saying that people generally think of LMP as the main le mans car instead of group C.
Yes group C existed, but unless you're over 30... you won't remember group C at all so it's quite pointless using what is a classic car category to define a "le mans" car useable for the 24 hours race.
I'm only 22 so I only know group C from youtube videos and wikipedia.
 
Back