The Two Hundred Through The Tunnel Challenge!!

• Thread starter mafia_boy
  • 185 comments

mafia_boy

(Banned)
GTP_Mafiaboy
BEFORE WE START, PLEASE SHOW SOME INTELLIGENCE BY READING THE RULES BEFORE MAKING ANY POSTS REGARDING THE CHALLENGE, ALL THE INFORMATION IS IN THIS OPENING POST!!

Recently, I've found things a little blase and boring around the Special Stage 7 track as the only people who are actual competition for me are the SSR7 Gods that I race day to day so I set a challenge for myself and the rest of the online crew a challenge. The initial challenge was quite simple, find the lowest hp car that could do it but we quickly realised the Ginetta G4 had that title wrapped up quite comfortably.

So a new challenge was born and this challenge is open to everyone, and that challenge is:
TO FIND THE CAR WITH THE WORST POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO THAT CAN MAKE IT TO 200mph (322km/h).

Here are the rules:

1. ANY CAR IS ALLOWED, INCLUDING RM & RACE CARS.

2. ENGINE LIMITING IS BANNED, PROHIBITED, NOT ALLOWED, PERIOD. I DON'T NEED PEOPLE TRYING TO SNEAK IN WITH 494HP VEYRONS! :grumpy:

3. DRIVING AIDS ARE BANNED, PROHIBITED, NOT ALLOWED, PERIOD. THIS IS A CLUB FOR BIG BOYS, NOT KIDDIES.

4. BUMP DRAFTING OR ANY OTHER ASSISTANCE TO GET A VEHICLE TO 200MPH IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN!! IT WOULD BE PREFERRED FOR YOU TO PERFORM A SOLO RACE TO ENSURE NO DISCREPANCIES CAN OCCUR, AND YOU CAN SAVE THE REPLAY AS A BONUS.

5. ANY COMBINATION OF MODIFICATIONS ARE ALLOWED!!

6. RUNS MUST BE MADE IN ONLINE MODE AT SPECIAL STAGE ROUTE 7, BE IT IN AN OPEN LOBBY OR A LOUNGE!! DO A U-TURN AS SOON AS YOU START, DRIVE ALL THE WAY THROUGH TO THE TUNNEL TO THE HAIRPIN AT THE END. START AT THAT HAIRPIN ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE TUNNELS AND DRIVE AS FAST AS YOU CAN INTO THE TUNNEL AND THROUGH THE TUNNEL, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHICH TUNNEL YOU GO THROUGH. SO LONG AS YOU DON'T DO A LAP, YOU CAN REPEAT THESE TOP SPEED RUNS FOR AS LONG AS YOU WANT AND SAVE THE ENTIRE RUN ON REPLAY FOR VERIFYING (IF NEEDED).

7. WHEN POSTING RESULTS, PLEASE STATE THE FOLLOWING: MODEL OF CAR INCLUDING YEAR/HORSEPOWER/WEIGHT/POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO/SPEED REACHED. YOUR HONESTY IS APPRECIATED HERE, AND ANY ATTEMPTS TO FEED ME TOTAL LIES FOR RESULTS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED!!

8. PHOTO PROOF, REPLAYS, TUNE SHEETS OR INDEPENDENT VERIFICATION FROM WITNESSES MAY BE REQUIRED IF THE RESULTS POSTED ARE DEEMED SUSPICIOUS!! PLEASE DO NOT CONSIDER THIS TO BE AN INSULT OR THINK THAT PEOPLE ARE ACCUSING YOU OF CHEATING OR LYING (UNLESS THE RESULT IS THAT FAR OUT THERE IT'S IMPOSSIBLE), IT'S JUST A SAFETY MEASURE TO UPHOLD THE INTEGRITY OF THIS CHALLENGE AND AT MOST THIS WILL ONLY TAKE UP 5 MINUTES OF YOUR TIME TO GO TO AN OPEN LOBBY AND DO THE RUN AGAIN INFRONT OF THE INDEPENDENT WITNESSES TO PROVE YOUR POINT. 👍

9. GET OUT THERE AND HAVE FUN!!

By doing this, you get your name into the TTT Club and be immortalized for all time in here. :) Good luck all and let me see what you can sling down the Wangan at 200mph. :cool:

THE LEADERBOARD!!

1. savage388 = Mercedes SL55 AMG '02 (R230) = 495hp = 2155Kg = 4.28Kghp = 200mph
2. Milldrum = Mercedes SL55 AMG '02 (R230) = 510hp = 2155Kg = 4.22Kghp = 200mph
3. Rotary Junkie = Mercedes SL600 (R129) = 550hp = 2229Kg = 4.05Kghp = 200mph
4. Onboy123 = Mercedes E55 AMG '00 = 599hp = 2011Kg = 3.30Kghp = 202mph
5. AntiLag_CA18 = Honda NSX-R '02 = 434hp = 1051Kg = 2.38Kghp = 202mph
6. -raVer- = BMW M3 CSL '03 = 499hp = 1153Kg = 2.27Kghp = 208mph

TTT Club Members

Rotary Junkie
-raVer-
Onboy123
savage388
Milldrum
AntiLag_CA18

Last edited:
Vehicle Leaders

Mercedes SL55 AMG '02 (R230) = savage388
Mercedes SL600 '98 (R129) = Rotary Junkie
Mercedes E55 AMG '02 = Onboy123
BMW M3 CSL = -raVer-
Honda NSX-R '02 = AntiLag_CA18​

Last edited:
I'm so gonna try :D Now. In fact. :D

Edit: Stupid Ford. 300+hp and 1.5 tons of Tarus SHO to shift and it can only do 161mph?!?!?!?!? -.- 'Super high output' my arse, it can't even beat a Vectra.

Edit 2: FML. I'm blind. ARGHH!!! I didnt read da rules!! I thought it was a drag run!!!! ****!!!!!

Last edited:
Maf would you like me to link this in the F.I.T. thread under ongoing events?

I think I may be able to squeeze that last 2-3 mph out of my VTEC speed demon...but you'll all have to wait and see what it is! I won't be running anything yet...it's 3am

1. ANY CAR IS ALLOWED, INCLUDING RM & RACE CARS.
Ok, I missed that looking for a HP limit. The original attempt you list -
The initial challenge was quite simple, find the lowest hp car that could do it
So I remembered the first bit.
6. RUNS MUST BE MADE IN ONLINE MODE AT SPECIAL STAGE ROUTE 7, BE IT IN AN OPEN LOBBY OR A LOUNGE!! DO A U-TURN AS SOON AS YOU START, DRIVE ALL THE WAY THROUGH TO THE TUNNEL TO THE HAIRPIN AT THE END. START AT THAT HAIRPIN ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE TUNNELS AND DRIVE AS FAST AS YOU CAN INTO THE TUNNEL AND THROUGH THE TUNNEL, IT DOESN'T MATTER WHICH TUNNEL YOU GO THROUGH. SO LONG AS YOU DON'T DO A LAP, YOU CAN REPEAT THESE TOP SPEED RUNS FOR AS LONG AS YOU WANT AND SAVE THE ENTIRE RUN ON REPLAY FOR VERIFYING (IF NEEDED).
I missed online. :)

Right, my Taurus is now stuck at 172mph, and I refuse to add to the colossal 315hp it has. It's down to the gearbox again…which sucks, as I don't know squat about tuning it…

The Speedster can do 201mph but I couldn´t get it through the tunnel with that speed. :(

raVer

Remember, it's not a drag run, it's a run from the hairpin to the exit of the tunnel.

I'm now trying a Volvo GL640 thingy and am growing a beard waiting for it to pass 100mph :lol:

Remember, it's not a drag run, it's a run from the hairpin to the exit of the tunnel.

I'm now trying a Volvo GL640 thingy and am growing a beard waiting for it to pass 100mph :lol:

I didn´t Drag it but I think 195 mph can be done with a Drag.

raVer

I did start at the Hairpin.After the kink in the tunnel you lose a bit of speed.198mph out of the tunnel.

raVer

I lose all my speed in the SHO before that kink. 172mph before the kink, just getting to the kink is 171mph, after is 169mph :ouch:

Edit: Mafs, just saying, but I love your PSN status!!! :lol:

Last edited:
So we have to be still going 200 at the end of the tunnel then I guess? (not in the OP, shhh)

I'm trying a faster car...

btw the Speedster has 558pp / 1.96kg/bhp

raVer

Well, you'll crack 200 in no time! My Taurus (Gave up on the Volvo, too slow) stops accelerating at 175mph then the revs just plummet and it just loses all its speed!

Well, you'll crack 200 in no time! My Taurus (Gave up on the Volvo, too slow) stops accelerating at 175mph then the revs just plummet and it just loses all its speed!

You can try the GSX/R maybe.

A 2kg/bhp car with at least 400 horses will do the 200 mph.

raVer

Back