The Two Hundred Through The Tunnel Challenge!!

• Thread starter mafia_boy
  • 185 comments
Ok I finally have an entry:
Merc sl55 amg (r230) 02
4.28hp/kg!
Hp 495
Kg 2155
Pp 502
took a while but I got it. I don't have a replay but if there is reasonable doubt I'll prove it online or set it to share if need be.
I toyed with this in gt4 and knew this car was good at this. I have a few more ideas just waiting for them to pop up in the ucd.

What was your top speed?? Just on 200, 201?? Gotta tell us the speed figure you do get. 👍

YEEEAASSSSSS!!!!!!!! I has done it!!! 202mph in a E55!!!! As verified by mafia_boy, but I still couldn't hear his sweary voice on the mic as he was muted for distressing my parents with the excessive levels of '****' used when talking about failskillz :lol:

New project: Ferrari 599
Stock top speed: 199mph (predicted)
Target top speed: 200, duh!

:D Hope this goes well!

Edit: Far too easy as it turned out. Completely unmodified, without an oil change or a break in, cracked 202mph. Now for the ballast.

Last edited:
m3csl.jpg

Umm, no. :embarrassed:

Desperado, wrong car, he's using an M3 CSL in the pic. 👍
Obviously I need new glasses.:lol::dunce:

Once I get my tune finalized and submitted for the 600PP Road Car@Indy shootout I'm going to give this a go with some SUVs.:crazy::D

I've been trying stupid stupid heavy cars, trying to find a 4.x ratio. All I needed was a E55. Aaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhh!

Actually wasn't even in the lounge room when you made the run, but hey, I'm not the one who was saying I wanted to beat his head in on PSN. :lol:
Wait, who said that? I heard your rant, as well as every bloody swear word you managed to squeeze into said rant. And anyways, that 599 was stock, just bought it, so there is more to come out of that car. Now…where to start…

I've been trying stupid stupid heavy cars, trying to find a 4.x ratio. All I needed was a E55. Aaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhh!

Well, get E55, and if you've got the same specs and beat Onboy's speed, you will end up higher on the ladder. 👍

*notices he's still the only R129*

...yay

Working on a CL600 that should do it eventually, just don't know how I'm going to find another 5mph without more power honestly... And I'm already at near 530.

*notices he's still the only R129*

...yay

Working on a CL600 that should do it eventually, just don't know how I'm going to find another 5mph without more power honestly... And I'm already at near 530.

Hmm…since I have a CL600 as well, let's see who can get the highest top speed :D expect me to come last in this run.

Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG (R230) '02

(Space for a photo)

510 hp
2155kg (200kg Ballast)
4.22 power to weight ratio
Reached 322 km/h(edited)

Modifications:

Sports Intake Manifold
Sports Air Filter
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customisable Transmission
-set max speed to 360
-1st gear to 2.912
-2nd gear to 1.880
-3rd gear to 1.345
-4th gear to 1.100
-5th gear to 0.939
-Final gear to 2.570
Clutch: Twin-Plate
Flywheel: Semi-Racing
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable Suspension
-20 -20
10.8 9.6
5 5
5 5
4 4
5.0 5.0
0.00 0.00
Brakes 0 0
Racing Soft Tyres

Abs 0 Tcs 0

Might have touched 324 but can guarantee 322 km/h. (edited)

Edit: watched replay, only shows 322. :(

Last edited:
:lol: one thing you should never do, share a SSR7 tune :D
Uh Onboy according to Maf this is a top speed run not a drag race so why not share tunes and strategy? Especially if you've already beat the challenge so only thing left is trying to get that little extra to put you at the top of the leaderboard.:confused:

Uh Onboy according to Maf this is a top speed run not a drag race so why not share tunes and strategy? Especially if you've already beat the challenge so only thing left is trying to get that little extra to put you at the top of the leaderboard.:confused:
Oh…right…!! :D Well, I'll be using parts of that to aid me to get to my next goal. 210mph in that E55.

Onboy123
:lol: one thing you should never do, share a SSR7 tune :D

We all know that Praiano will just turn up in a FF car with 100hp and blow this away anyway. ;)

But I wouldn't call that a tune, just a quick guess. I for one want people to destroy this challenge. This game and some very creative minds keep on throwing up interesting challenges. This is another fantastic one that has kept me amused through a rough day.

I have also edited my post after watching the replay and it only got to 322 km/h. PD got me all excited and then took it away. :(

Good luck all, oh and if you drive with my 'tune', easy on the brakes. ;)

We all know that Praiano will just turn up in a FF car with 100hp and blow this away anyway. ;)

But I wouldn't call that a tune, just a quick guess. I for one want people to destroy this challenge. This game and some very creative minds keep on throwing up interesting challenges. This is another fantastic one that has kept me amused through a rough day.

I have also edited my post after watching the replay and it only got to 322 km/h. PD got me all excited and then took it away. :(

Good luck all, oh and if you drive with my 'tune', easy on the brakes. ;)
Brakes? We don't need no stinking brakes!:crazy::lol:

When does the competition end? I might have a secret weapon in the 5+hp/kg range but I don't want to miss the deadline

savage388
When does the competition end? I might have a secret weapon in the 5+hp/kg range but I don't want to miss the deadline

Wait, 5 hp/kg? I missed something. Mine is 4.2 kg/hp. ;)

Good luck with that one. I have found 290km/h a hard number to crack with a lot of these cars. If you manage 5@320km/h, wow.

Milldrum
Wait, 5 hp/kg? I missed something. Mine is 4.2 kg/hp. ;)

Good luck with that one. I have found 290km/h a hard number to crack with a lot of these cars. If you manage 5@320km/h, wow.

Yea that's not working out as good as I thought. Everything didnt carry over from gt4 like I thought. acceleration is a major issue in the 5+ kg/hp range. :( Test track was much easier to get 200mph on. I'll keep trying though. wish it was on gt5.

savage388
:( Test track was much easier to get 200mph on. I'll keep trying though. wish it was on gt5.

I wish I was on GT5!

Stupid have to sleep! Miserable have to eat! Disturbing have to work! :(

The old 400m- 1/4 mile, 1000m options were very nice. It would make some contests easier to manage.

Back