At end of Pro-Am.
--------------

Practice Room Number:

Round 3:
8521028867_8b1353db00_z.jpg

Round Video:
[YouTube]rhSdfLgsxos[/YouTube]

Clipping Points:
Inside (Apex), Inside (Under Bridge), Outside (Close to Line), Outside (Close to Line), Inside (Apex), Inside (Under Bridge), End Run (Beginning Green/White Wall)

Schedule:

Saturday 3/2:
Pro-Am:
Room Opens: 9:00AM MST
Practice: 9:00AM MST - 10:00AM MST
Qualifying: 10:05AM - 12:00PM MST

Pro Championship:
Room Opens: 12:05PM MST
Practice: 12:05PM MST - 1:00PM MST
Qualifying: 1:05PM MST - 2:05PM MST

Sunday 3/3:
Pro-Am:
Room Opens: 9:00AM MST
Open Practice: 9:00AM MST - 10:00AM MST
Top 8 to Final: 10:05AM MST - Finish

Pro Championship:
Room Opens: Pro-Am Finish
Open Practice: 1 Hour
Top 8 to Final: After practice to Finish

Main Event Placement: Round 2

Pro-Am

VDCPSR3bracket_zpsc9d3d569.png

Pro Championship

VDCPR3bracket_zps103781b5.png

Series Set-up:

Pro-Am:

HP Cap:- 450 HP
Tires:- Comfort Hards Only
Grip:- Real
Tire Wear:- FAST

Pro Championship:

HP Cap:- 550HP
Tires:- Comfort Hards Only
Grip:- Real
Tire Wear:- VERY FAST

Information:
The VDC Pro-Am Series consists of 4 scheduled events. Drivers compete in a single elimination Top 8 or Top 16 bracket depending on the amount of registered participants. Drivers individually compete head-to-head against other competitors in single elimination runs on the designated course. Competitors progress through a competition bracket and are awarded points towards the season championship. Head to head Runs are judged and scored based on a number of pre-determined criteria where the higher scoring entrant moves on to the next level of the bracket. Points are awarded based on finishing order and cumulative season points will determine the championship order.

Driver Eligibility:
- Must have registered for the series.

Judges:
Pro-Am: 3 Judges from Pro Championship
Pro Champ: 3 Judges from Pro-Am

Race Operation:
There will be an hour pre-event practicing. You will be given a 5 minute warning when practice is over to exit the track, failing to do so within the 5 minutes will result in a DNF from the event. You are all expected to be there by comp begins, If you are late (before you run, which could be first) you will get a DNF and your opponent (if there) will move on the next stage. Tire wear will be on, this means if you are up for a OMT you will be allowed to exit track (back to pits) and get back on track to reset your tires. IRL they get 5 minutes for new tires so you will get 15 seconds Then warm them up and get back to the line.

Judging:
The criteria for judging are as follows:
- Line
- Angle
- Overall Impression

Line:
The drift line is defined as the ideal path a vehicle must take on course and is marked by inner clipping points, outer clipping points, and transition zones. Inner Clipping Point are reference points on the course where the vehicles front bumper should come as close as possible to the reference point. Outer Clipping Points are reference points are scored by determining how close the corner of the vehicle’s rearbumper comes to the point. Transition Zones are areas on track where the direction of the line changes and vehicles must change the direction of their drift. Scoring will be based on the execution of the transition. The drift line will be given when track layout is posted.

Angle:
The maximum angle at which a driver can maintain control of their vehicle without sacrificing speed.

Overall Impression
Overall Impression is the most subjective part of the drivers runs. Overall Impression is just what it sounds like: The drivers overall ability to take the specific judging criteria and display itin the most personal way each driver can. That is the essence of style. Examples include drifting line and proximity to barriers/obstacles.

Qualify:
All competitors will be required to qualify in order to make the competition.

Qualifying Scoring:
Judging will be done by 1 judge. The judge will judge based on 3 criterias; Line, Angle, Overall Impression.

Line = 20 Points Possible
Angle = 25 Points Possible
Overall Impression = 30 Points Possible

A perfect score would be 75 points.

Spinouts:
Anytime a driver spins out or experiences major under-steer during a run, a 0 score will be awarded. Off Course Unless otherwise specified during the judging meetings, if at any time 3 tires or more are off course during a run, the driver will be given a score of “0”.

Clipping Points:
All clipping points will be sorted on track layout. Anytime an Inner Clipping Point is hit, the vehicle will be considered to be off course, and points will either be deducted, or the driver will be scored a 0, depending on the severity of the hit. Hitting an Outer Clipping Point with anything other than the driver's rear bumper will be counted as 3 tires off course and will be scored a 0. (i.e. hitting the line with the rear tire, door, etc.) Slight contact with a wall in the Outer Clipping Zone will not result in a point deduction if the hit does not disturb or affect the course of the drivers run. This means no major corrections were needed after the hit and the driver was still able to maintain good line, speed, and angle. If the hit occurs at any other point on track other than the marked Outer Clipping Zones points may be deducted. If a spin or major under steer results from contact with an Outer Clipping Zone an automatic score of 0 will be given.

Tandem Elimination Rounds:
Tandem rounds are based on two (2) runs, in Head-to-Head format, with competitors paired up basedon seeding position. The higher qualifier will lead the first run and the second led by the lower qualifier.The critical success factor is for the lead car to be able to run the course without error while being pressured by the following car. The following car is attempting to out drive the lead car. Driver consistency during a tandem battles is critical.

Lead Car:
The lead car must be able to clear the course without making any errors due to distraction or pressureby the following car trailing close behind.

Following Car:
The following car needs to run the same basic line as the lead car but may also take a higher line in order to pressure the lead driver. Taking a lower line than the lead car will result in a loss of advantage. If the lead car is off line, then the following car will gain advantage points by staying on the correct line. The following car should keep as close to the lead car as possible to gain the advantage.

Passing:
Passing is NOT encouraged during tandem battles. Passing is only allowed if the lead car fumbles, is well off line, or loses drift. Passing must be executed in a safe and professional manner. A safe pass is one that is done in such a way that the car being passed does not lose any speed after the pass is complete. Passing must be done while in drift, without interrupting the line of the car being passed and in the proper line. If a pass results in contact, the passing car may be penalized.

Collisions:
In the event of contact between two cars during a tandem battle, the driver at fault will lose advantage points. Incidental contact is allowed, but not encouraged. If possible, drivers are required to complete the entire course while maintaining drift, even if the other driver crashes, hits, spins, stalls, oris not able to complete the run. Drivers are always being judged as long as they are on course.

Qualifying Points:

7957459534_eeff3c146d_m.jpg

Comp Points:

7957492412_9c0430feb4_m.jpg

There will be a battle for 3rd place this time.

Registration Form

Point Standings:
VDC Web Link/Standings

Last edited:
News:

Media:

S3 Rnd 1 Teaser:

S3 Rnd 1 Video:

Last edited:
August 11th 1pm EST Drift Event Registration:

img.php

Track: Road Course Indy

Start-Clips-Finish

VDCevent_S1_zps03627a6f.jpg

VDCevent_2_zps1c6480aa.jpg

VDCevent_3_zps4d4e1f24.jpg

VDCevent_4_zps2920cd96.jpg

VDCevent_5_zpsedef1582.jpg

VDCevent_6_zpsc48f4f52.jpg

VDCevent_7_zpsb8cbef31.jpg

VDCevent_8_zpsa8bf8c85.jpg

VDCevent_9_zpsfb0f6253.jpg

VDCevent_10_zps187b0201.jpg

Rules:
HP: 500
Tire wear: Fast
Grip: Real
No exotics
No vipers, vettes
Looking for matsuri type vehicles.

Psn:
Car:
Engine:
Chassis:
HP:

--------------------------
Psn: GTP_Drop5
Car: Toyota RS200
Engine: 26b Rotary
Chassis: Mazda Rx-8

Psn: monsterGAUZ
Car: Toyota Supra MK4
Engine: 2JZ-GTE
Chassis: Supra MK4
HP: 460

Psn: KDF_Proximity
Car: Nissan 180sx TYPE X
Engine: 1JZ
Chassis: C3
HP: 450

PSN: RSM-Eric1512
Car: Nissan Silvia S13
Engine: SR20
Chassis: C2
HP: 475

PSN: The_kingB_
Car: BMW Z4 '03 (Under Construction)
Engine: 5.0 V8 Supercharged (Mustang GT engine)
Chassis: stock

PSN: Lspredator
Car: S13 200sx
Engine: 2JZ
Chassis: secret?
Hp: 500

PSN: RSM-TheKitten
Car: BMW M3 E46
Engine: 3.2 Inline 6/ Stock
Chassi /Stock
Hp: /500HP

Psn: blueninjacivic
Car: Nissan Silva S13
Engine: EVO IX 4G63
Chassis: Z32

PSN: MLR_DAnGeR_KiiD
Car: Toyota Supra
Engine: 2JZ-GTE
Chassis: JZA80
HP: 447

Psn: MCR-Ishox
Car: Nissan Silvia S14
Chassis: Z34
HP:500

PSN: Fastfox400
Car: Mazda RX7 FD
Engine: 20B
Chassis: Esprit
HP: 501

Psn: DJHASHBROWN13
Car: fairlady z34
Engine: stock
Chassis: stock
HP: 490

Psn: eddyac
Car: Miata NA J- Limited
HP: 255
No hybrid

Psn: JDM_Tuning- SR20D
Car: Nissan Silvia 'Kouki' S14 '96
Chassis: -
Hp: 470

Psn: MLD_Conscience
Car: NA MX-5
Engine: LS3
Chassis: NC MX-5
HP:400 & up

Psn- RSM-Shadoww
Car- 180sx
Chassis- c3
Engine 1jz
Hp- 500

Extras:

Please no race car chassis.

Last edited:
Can't you add it? I just don't want the budget thing because its unfair for people having different amounts to spend..

it says what its for right in the post.

Edit: Video I just posted in Media post, is exactly what Im looking to run. It just so happens to be in my home town at my home track! Enjoy!

Last edited:
I cant do the budget thing, its to hard to inforce.

Exactly!!

The sponsorship thing is weird as well. If that ends up winning in the poll then all of my team, including myself, will be sponsored by Team NEMESIS. :sly: 👍 They will be sponsored with paint chips.

I think you just trying to do too much with the whole sponsor thing. These real life manufacturers don't care about a video game and the one's that do care have already paid Polyphony to be in the game! If you want to add "sponsors" to the event itself - then hey, nothing we can do about that. But sponsors for the players just isn't seem feasible.

Exactly!!

The sponsorship thing is weird as well. If that ends up winning in the poll then all of my team, including myself, will be sponsored by Team NEMESIS. :sly: 👍 They will be sponsored with paint chips.

I think you just trying to do too much with the whole sponsor thing. These real life manufacturers don't care about a video game and the one's that do care have already paid Polyphony to be in the game! If you want to add "sponsors" to the event itself - then hey, nothing we can do about that. But sponsors for the players just isn't seem feasible.

Well put Gambino. It's just too much for a game. Maybe some runes like 6-cylinders max maybe? I think that wouldnt be a bad idea. Gets rid of the v8's, and encourages mistakes from things like turbo lag.

You guys didn't pay attention to the flying Miata super cup did u?

Although i'm 100% behind the sponsors thing, Falken and Monster are a bit bigger than the small mail order company your brother managed to get. I still think the sponsors should be purely roll play so you are just having the colours and name behind you instead of chasing for actual sponsorship.

Well put Gambino. It's just too much for a game. Maybe some runes like 6-cylinders max maybe? I think that wouldnt be a bad idea. Gets rid of the v8's, and encourages mistakes from things like turbo lag.

Steve wants this to be the Formula D of GT5 and V8s are the most used engines in FD

:lol: I dont think this idea stuff is getting anywhere cause evreyone has a different idea and opinion about everyones idea. I should just pick it and go with what I actually want. And just hope you guys follow me...

Steve, I don't mind what your doing. The only problem I see is people with different budgets. If we all had the same budget then it would be ok. The only other problem would be, if we do use the budget system, Your better off getting rid of the power limit.

Steve, I don't mind what your doing. The only problem I see is people with different budgets. If we all had the same budget then it would be ok. The only other problem would be, if we do use the budget system, Your better off getting rid of the power limit.

I cant do budget, people get desperate when in a competition, they will cheat. I cant inforce a budget.

I cant do budget, people get desperate when in a competition, they will cheat. I cant inforce a budget.

Thats the sad thing, plus it goes to show power isn't everything from that video. 2nd place in a KE70(?) unless it had a V8, which wouldn't surprise me lol.

Thats the sad thing, plus it goes to show power isn't everything from that video. 2nd place in a KE70(?) unless it had a V8, which wouldn't surprise me lol.

No I believe it was turbo'd.

how about this?

so after 5 rounds,
the top8 overall through the season move onto 3 extra rounds of their choice
no limits except for tires,
the table set to 0
they fight in the 3 rounds for 1st place
or you could keep the power limit if you want.
get me now?

Back