Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Sponsors, 550HP Cap, Pro-Am

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • No Sponsors, 500HP Cap, Pro-Am

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Earn Sponsors, 500-550HP Cap, Pro-Am to Pro-Series

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters
Just keep tire wear on, If you have a problem with a little bit of tyre wear so be it. To be honest drifting with tyre wear on just makes it more fun because I love me some half burnt tyres!

Surely tyre wear is just goin to slow the process down , people are gonna want to change tyre's , then warm em do a run get new ones warm them , over and over again . I'm not fussed really but turning it off will speed the competition up ;)

I can drift fine with tyre wear on and off...
Just generally when I set up a room people always ask for it off, just trying to help out and give you some advice on making more people want to sign up, you could always completely ignore what I suggest though :/

Surely tyre wear is just goin to slow the process down , people are gonna want to change tyre's , then warm em do a run get new ones warm them , over and over again . I'm not fussed really but turning it off will speed the competition up ;)

Don't change em them :) 4 runs isn't going to ruin your tires it takes a lot of laps.

ps3dan101

I'm not worried about speed.

Knight Spirit
I can drift fine with tyre wear on and off...
Just generally when I set up a room people always ask for it off, just trying to help out and give you some advice on making more people want to sign up, you could always completely ignore what I suggest though :/

I thank you for your advice. But just give it a try.

I personally feel a massive difference in grip after just 4 runs at the Grand Valley section without any warm up.
Tire wear itself is a nice thing but it's so unrealistic. The grip of a tire doesn't change when theres 50% less rubber on it. The rubber after 50% is down keeps the same as before so this grip changing is just stupid. It changes when the tire is warm or cold so I also prefer Tw off

Angle:
The maximum angle at which a driver can maintain control of their vehicle without sacrificing speed.
Without sacrificing speed ? you mean without having to slow down to correct ? because as we all know more angle means less speed ... Elaborate more please

Tandem Elimination Rounds:
Tandem rounds are based on two (2) runs, in Head-to-Head format, with competitors paired up based on seeding position. The higher qualifier will lead the first run and the second led by the lower qualifier.The critical success factor is for the lead car to be able to run the course without error while being pressured by the following car. The following car is attempting to “out drive” the lead car. Driver consistency during a tandem battles is critical.

Lead Car:
The lead car must be able to clear the course without making any errors due to distraction or pressureby the following car trailing close behind.

Following Car:
The following car needs to run the same basic line as the lead car but may also take a higher line in order to pressure the lead driver. Taking a lower line than the lead car will result in a loss of advantage. If the lead car is off line, then the following car will gain advantage points by staying on the correct line. The following car should keep as close to the lead car as possible to gain the advantage.

Please Elaborate more about "higher" and "lower Lines
What does those mean in terms of being closer to the clippin points and where transitions are made?

Please elaborate more

A few of us where trying out tyre wear today and we could go for about 10 minute intervals before 3/4's of the tyre was left and grip started to noticeably deteriorate. In the competition it shouldn't be a problem as you dont even notice the grip go as you just evolve your driving to suit.

Deenie's right. And don't listen to MonsterGAUZ, He's over-reacting by changing the tires every 3 runs.

No sponsors this time around. Poll Is closed. So you can rep your team.

I left it up to the poll, gotta go by the majority of what people have wanted.

im gonna be rocking a Carolina Blue color.. ;) and repping my local Proam Sponsors.

p.s. i survived Formula D Proam at Virginia International Raceway this weekend! Qualified 13th on 3 cylinders due to excess crank pressure, and plug fouling during qualifying run.
Decided to park before the top 16 brackets because i shot my oil dipstick 35ft. out of engine bay during run, then blew out cam seal in head and lost oil pressure. hahaha I did manage a 75mph pass by k-rail in practice with 108mph rear wheel speed. WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! the stupid thing was that it was a 20 dollar fix with my oil catchcan and tig welder. WTF!

im gonna be rocking a Carolina Blue color.. ;) and repping my local Proam Sponsors.

p.s. i survived Formula D Proam at Virginia International Raceway this weekend! Qualified 13th on 3 cylinders due to excess crank pressure, and plug fouling during qualifying run.
Decided to park before the top 16 brackets because i shot my oil dipstick 35ft. out of engine bay during run, then blew out cam seal in head and lost oil pressure. hahaha I did manage a 75mph pass by k-rail in practice with 108mph rear wheel speed. WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! the stupid thing was that it was a 20 dollar fix with my oil catchcan and tig welder. WTF!

Damn man that sucks! Did you see the video I posted in the Media post of the ruond 6 XDC here in Phoenix?

hell yeah! i ran with pat cyr and cyrus martinez at d atlanta this year, they are just underpowered meow for formula d.. happening to every team now by the on with v8s everywhere! i say eff em, im running an rb26 next season with almost same setup as this in s14 with over 600whp on small turbo for great midrange.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHzHgrOO0y8

Im hoping 500hp in my SR will do good, if not looks like ill invest into a VK.

Back