-

• Thread starter Akmuq
  • 90 comments

granturismo5001-Copy.jpg

Race 2 from TOCA round 7, race 2 at High Speed Ring, I won race 1 in a slightly less interesting race, so started last on the grid for race 2. I'm in last in a blue Volvo C30. 9 started.

granturismo5002-Copy.jpg

2 corners in and driftking18594 went into a spin, I was battling with Knelly for 7th place now, that battle will last the majority of the race.

granturismo5003-Copy.jpg

Knelly and I side by side out of the last turn, Knelly on the left, me on the right. Chqr had just gone into a drift on the final turn and lost two places.

granturismo5004-Copy.jpg

Swapping positions then swapping back.

granturismo5005-8.jpg

Side-by-side once again.

granturismo5006-8.jpg

This battling had cost us dearly though. At the bottom of the picture is Carbonox and Furinkazen with the lead group of 5, that tiny spec in the backround was Knelly and myself line astern out of the final turn, gap at the line was 4 seconds.

granturismo5010-4.jpg

Knelly and I still battling while Team_Lotus ahead makes a mishap, unfortunately he still had the lead draft but we didn't have his draft. Gap at the end of the lap 3.6 seconds. Catching up!

granturismo5011-4.jpg

Carbon after sliding across the track, regains the draft but it slowed him, and consequently, the leaders down.

granturismo5012-3.jpg

The end of lap 6 of 8, and we had got the draft of neljack, who was at the back of the lead pack.

granturismo5013-2.jpg

Lap 7 on the long first corner and neljack drifts into Knelly, no spin or crash, but they have lost the draft.

granturismo5007-6.jpg

On lap 7, having ago at my teammate, Furinkazen.

granturismo5008-5.jpg

Unfortunately he got back past...

granturismo5009-4.jpg

On to lap 8, the final lap, I start it in 4th place, in the lead group behind cunny17, Furinkazen and Carbonox after Team_Lotus, neljack and Knelly all lost the draft in 2 separate incidents.

granturismo5014-2.jpg

Slip by cunny on the exit of turn 1

granturismo5015-2.jpg

Get the job done on Furinkazen into the chicane, into second place. Time to chase down Carbonox

granturismo5016-1.jpg

On the final turn thinking this will be a close one.

granturismo5017-1.jpg

Onto the final straight time to make my move.

granturismo5019-1.jpg

What, who won?

granturismo5018-1.jpg

Woohoooooooo!!!! I won by 0.004 seconds when just 4 laps ago I was 4 seconds down, take a closer look at the picture, could the dent in Carbonox's bonnet be the difference, if so he would really regret this.
granturismo5011-4.jpg

Last edited:
I spun because I was hit. 👎 I lost in race 1 because SOMEBODY (not naming names) felt that it was necessary to put me in the wall with little over a lap to go. 👎👎👎 I'm still fuming over this incident because I had lost through very little fault of my own, and no action was taken against those who rammed me.[/rant]

I felt that I needed to get that off my chest.

I spun because I was hit. 👎 I lost in race 1 because SOMEBODY (not naming names) felt that it was necessary to put me in the wall with little over a lap to go. 👎👎👎 I'm still fuming over this incident because I had lost through very little fault of my own, and no action was taken against those who rammed me.[/rant]

I felt that I needed to get that off my chest.

Dude, I just watched the replay, no-one hit you in race 2, and I didn't touch you in race 1, you were lagging like mad trying to overtake me on the outside, and I had left enough room for you. Besides, do I need to call out all the times I got a punt from you in public?

Wish I was there that night. HSR in the rain is one of my stronger tracks.
BMW's were pretty slow, apart from neljack because they didn't have any grip due to the FR layout, but after seeing you compete with GTP_DHolland with a McLaren MP4 on sport mediums, I'd presume you're good at finding grip in slidey situations.:sly:

The strong slipstream is bull****. I would clearly have won if this was run with completely realistic settings. Just sayin' the facts here...

The strong slipstream is bull****. I would clearly have won if this was run with completely realistic settings. Just sayin' the facts here...

True, but I absolutley dominated the Megane's and would have pulled away if it weren't for the slipstream but Furi took me on the line aswell. It's a give or take, it worked for me in the reported race, but I still prefer Realistic.👍

True, but I absolutley dominated the Megane's and would have pulled away if it weren't for the slipstream but Furi took me on the line aswell. It's a give or take, it worked for me in the reported race, but I still prefer Realistic.👍

The season started with the larger slipstream and will end with it. Season 4... will be revealed...

Fortunately with the new patch, I don't think anyone wants to return back to the unrealistic slipstream, no matter which series it is.

Still it was good racing back there, but I preferred Race 3 where me and Lotus were duking it out 👍

BMW's were pretty slow, apart from neljack because they didn't have any grip due to the FR layout, but after seeing you compete with GTP_DHolland with a McLaren MP4 on sport mediums, I'd presume you're good at finding grip in slidey situations.:sly:

Rain races are a speciality of mine. 👍

The season started with the larger slipstream and will end with it. Season 4... will be revealed...

Even though I hate it I completly agree with that, cause you don't want to change it as some people would have been screwed over with it early on in the season and can't take advantage in the late stages, especially with Monza on one side of the patch and High Speed Ring on the other.👍

Dude, I just watched the replay, no-one hit you in race 2, and I didn't touch you in race 1, you were lagging like mad trying to overtake me on the outside, and I had left enough room for you.

Meh, I guess so. I couldn't see how bad I was lagging, so it may have appeared that someone hit me from my perspective.

Meh, I guess so. I couldn't see how bad I was lagging, so it may have appeared that someone hit me from my perspective.

I did I think touched you start of Race 2, and you were already sliding in Turn 2 and I understeered into you.

Megane race I guess :dopey:

Probably not, that was just driving with you and Neljack taking turns at the front and drafting past each other and make a brilliant overtake and defence at the line. I might do my TOCA win at Laguna or my V8's win at Monaco.👍

Was this the race where I was winning followed by neljack and then I had a huge tank slapper into the tunnel? Man, I still wonder what would have happened if I controlled that better...

Anyway, good race report! :P

I've got to say, if DBC loses the constructor title only because of this... :banghead:

Meh, I've missed 9 races, I don't care.:P

Also, sorry for doing a furi on the race reports, just wasn't bothered to do it yesterday.:lol:

In the team championship you have your only medal position in the whole season, I'm about to be a high performer in everything :)

I think I'll post Race #2 from TOCA at the Ring, but from a more general view of the race, not just mine, cause watching the replay last night and it was epic!

Okay, this race is more of a commentary then a narration of my race.

TOCA at the RING!
Took place 5/November/2011

In the championship picture, this was the second last race, in the Overall standings, Sumo had a 22-point lead over Neljack, in the Teams, MRT (Akmuq and Furinkazen) had an 11 point lead over DBC(Carbonox and Knelly)
This was race 2, a reverse grid, Sumo098 won race 1, followed closely by Neljack and GTP_akmuq, so they occupy the final 3 positions on the grid

granturismo5001-8.jpg

Here's the starting order:
1. Chqr
2. Knelly
3. Driftking 18594
4. Cunny17
5. Furinkazen
6. Paulmac2k9
7. TeamLotus_Eclat
8. Carbonox
9. GTP_akmuq
10. Neljack
11. Sumo098

granturismo5002-7.jpg

Into turn 1 and Chqr has made a good start, retaining position, and Furinkazen, jumping 3 places from 5th to 2nd.

granturismo5003-10.jpg

Out of turn 2 and Knelly took 2nd back while Chqr gets a bit of breathing space.

granturismo5004-10.jpg

The front 2 remained that way for the rest of the lap, in the picture above, driftking18594, GTP_akmuq and neljack are all making up places.

granturismo5005-11.jpg

On lap 2, into turn 1, Knelly makes a move and takes first position.

granturismo5006-10.jpg

Driftking barges his way through on Chqr for second place.

granturismo5007-7.jpg

Chqr and Driftking battling ahead allowed akmuq to get alongside Chqr out of the hairpin turn 6.

granturismo5011-5.jpg

And he finishes the move on the outside of turn 7 as Neljack gets greedy with the kurbs.

granturismo5013-3.jpg

Which puts him into a drift...

granturismo5008-6.jpg

And allows Carbonox through.

granturismo5009-5.jpg

And Furinkazen follows through as well.

granturismo5012-4.jpg

Meanwhile, at the front, driftking makes his way into the lead.

granturismo5010-5.jpg

A bad overtaking manouvre sends Carbonox and Chqr wide.

granturismo5014-3.jpg

However, Carbonox did the sporting thing and lets Chqr back through.

granturismo5015-3.jpg

After losing out to DK into the chicane, Knelly runs wide and lets akmuq through into 2nd

granturismo5016-2.jpg

Who makes it through past driftking into turn 2 of lap 3

granturismo5017-2.jpg

But both driftking and Knelly get back past him in the next 4 corners.

granturismo5018-2.jpg

Knelly going for a move on the outside of Driftking...

granturismo5019-2.jpg

And Driftking takes him off!

granturismo5020-3.jpg

akmuq takes the lead and the rest of the back bunch right up behind driftking and Knelly.

granturismo5021-2.jpg

Furinkazen makes a bold move and taps akmuq, but can't get past him.

granturismo5022.jpg

For the rest of the lap, lots of pushing and shoving went on, and this is the general order they would settle into with Team_Lotus_Eclat leading this fight.

granturismo5023.jpg

Furinkazen had been pushed off however and was down to 9th and needed to play catch-up to the 7 car fight for 2nd.

granturismo5024.jpg

Forward a couple of laps and Team_Lotus_Eclat was distancing himself slightly from the rest, akmuq had a 3 second lead over Eclat, and Sumo, the race 1 winner, was a further second or so back making his way through the field.

granturismo5026.jpg

Into the chicane on lap 7 and Sumo was making an attempt around the outside of Eclat.

granturismo5027.jpg

He's off!!! The move went badly sending Eclat off, and Neljack in the Orange BMW was taking evasive action.

granturismo5028.jpg

Sumo, waited for Eclat to get the position back, letting Chqr through in the process. However, Eclat quit not long after for his dinner.

granturismo5029.jpg

Cunny17 in third, being overtaken by driftking. Neljack took advantage from the crash and was in second.

granturismo5030.jpg

At the end of lap 8, and driftking made a move into the chicane, but didn't get good drive out of it, allowing neljack back through.

granturismo5031.jpg

The end of lap 9, and the race, akmuq wins by 10 seconds!

Around the corner though...

granturismo5032.jpg

...Is a 3-wide fight for second place with 1 turn to go.

granturismo5033.jpg

And Neljack does it!!! Into the final turn and earns himself a second place.

Final Results:

1. GTP_akmuq -/-
2. Neljack +09.520
3. Driftking 18594 +09.897
4. Paulmac2k9 +10.200
5. Furinkazen +10.321
6. Cunny17 +10.513
7. Knelly +11.528
8. Carbonox +12.034
9. Sumo098 +14.531
10. Chqr +17.646

With that race, MRT had won the Teams Championship! However, in the Overall championship, Sumo's gap to Neljack had halved to 11 points, it was going to the final race!

Last edited:
Back