can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
pmcheaderwk53.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, provided by Beccosinho:

"This week take your favourite Rag Top to the track or to a nice location. The only requirement
is that your chosen car must have a Rag Top and must be classified as a Roadster. Enjoy!"

CARS: Droptops only!
LOCATIONS: Any
PHOTOTRAVEL: Yes
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: Must be a convertible!

gtppmcrulesc02.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.
This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.

• It is recommended you host your image on ImageShack, Photobucket, or Flickr.
  • Not sure how to post a thumbnail or preview image? Read this sticky!
  • Please use a clickable-preview to full-size, not a separate text link for it;
    it makes poll creation much easier!

• No post-GT5 editing, besides proportionally resize and rotate, is allowed.
    [*]One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
    [*]Do not ask other users to choose your entry.
    [*]Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text. On H2H weeks, which side, as well.
    [*]You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
    [*]When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
    [*]Preview images can not exceed 500 pixels in either direction.
    [*]A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
    [*]Do not post "Honourable Mentions" or outtakes - just your Final Entry, that's all.
    [*]Winner gets to choose the following week's theme, as well as the Top 25. Every fourth
    week, the poll will be H2H style: entries must choose a "team", leading to two 12-picture,
    4-day polls. The winners from each faces off in a final 48 hour poll.
    [*]Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
    [*]The Host may ask for the original image and it must be submitted if so.
    It's recommended to save the original image (preferably in-game) until week's ends.
Failure to follow these rules will result in ignored entries and/or disqualification!

gtppmcdeadline02.jpg

[14.00 GMT]

Last edited:
Just to clarify, does the top need to be down, or just have a convertible top?

Does it have to be a convertible with the top down, or can you use a car that doesn't have any kind of roof to begin with?

It'd be nice to see the top down, but I know the game doesn't really support that many cars on the track with the top down, so don't worry if the top isn't down on track, but make sure it is a rag top and is classified as a roadster! Apologies for any confusion.

This may help?

Enjoy! :)👍

Last edited:
Sorry about that folks - I was too busy making bad rhymes to realize they may cause some confusion!

Final Entry

This was one of my first pictures I've ever taken in GT5! It's probably were my GTP career begun. :embarrassed:

Last edited:
Isn't this car a Hard Top?

You're correct this is a hard top and also doesn't qualify as a roadster.

Please remember that you can use Photo Travel, which will help you get the desired look. Also remember the roof doesn't have to be down but it must have a rag top!

Once upon a time someone defined a roadster to be a car where the driver's hand can reach the rear wheel easily :)

There are quite few Roadsters in GT5, but for those of you struggling to define one, here is a small List of Rag Top Roadsters to get you started. Feel free to add more.

Remember the top doesn't need to be down and Photo Travel can be used!

BMW Z4 ‘03
Honda S2000 '06
Mazda MX-5 (all with rag tops)
Shelby Cobra 427 ‘66
TVR Tamora ‘02
Lotus Elan S1 ‘62

Last edited:
Beccosinho
There are quite few Roadsters in GT5, but for those of you struggling to define one, here is a small List of Rag Top Roadsters to get you started. Feel free to add more.

Remember the top doesn't need to be down and Photo Travel can be used!

BMW Z4 ‘03
Honda S2000 '06
Mazda MX-5 (all with rag tops)
Shelby Cobra 427 ‘66
TVR Tamora ‘02
Lotus Elan S1 ‘62

Don't forget the Tesla, very photogenic!

Edit: Sorry, my cellphone double posted, I didn't notice till now

Last edited:
Don't forget the Tesla, very photogenic!

It doesnt have a soft top does it? If not then you cant use it.

I wouldnt of put the Shelby in this catergory either, I've never even seen one with a roof!

Captain Roh
It doesnt have a soft top does it? If not then you cant use it.

I wouldnt of put the Shelby in this catergory either, I've never even seen one with a roof!

I dunno if the Tesla has its soft top available in the game, but in real life I'm positive they do, you should google it up, it looks great.

Beccosinho
I have, and they're sooooo ugly, maybe the reason why you haven't seen one with it on :)

They do look bad, specially because of the small cockpit and the lack of points you can attach the top to.

I stand corrected. Lets hope I continue to live not having seen one :D

Check out the Standard version of the Cobra available in GT5. It always has the Ragtop on.

Edit: Found a shot of it (not mine)

c66yl.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back