CLOSED: POLL: Secret Santa Competition Week 27 - Winner; anthaliscious

• Thread starter Nato_777
  • 72 comments

Your Best

• [URL="http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7150/6455813017_270026f84a_o.jpg"] [IMG]http://farm8.staticflick

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nato_777

Moderately Super
Premium
New Zealand
Kaikoura, NZ
Nato777
SSCW27Ban.jpg

Further explaination of this very open theme as given by Jason_B.

"It could be a pack of GT cars racing down the front stretch at LeMans with the lights from pit
lane shimmering in the night or it could be as simple as a wheel as the light shines on it.
It could be a car parked in an alley or it could be a set of eyes peering from under a visor.
It could be a car storming through the rain at SSR7, whatever it is I want to be wowed.
I want everyone to explore the surroundings, feel the colours, and try something new; you
might surprise yourself."

Cars: Any but not necessarliy any.
Locations: Any.
Phototravel: Yes, you guessed it... any.
Unique Restrictions: "Jagged edges will have a very negative effect on me. ;)"

SSC_RulesPMC.jpg

Please, ensure you read and understand all requirements for this competition. Failure to follow
the rules may result in disqualification. If you have questions, send me a Private Message.

This Thread will answer many possible questions you may have.

• Be reminded that only the Judges favorite 15 entries will get through to each poll.
  • Do not vote on your entry.
  • Do not try to sway the poll.
  • Do not reveal or hint at the identity of any entries
  • In the event of a tie, a 24 hour poll is created.
  • In the event of a second tie, Judge's vote is the deciding factor.
  • Please, view each image in it's full size, before voting.
  • If you didn't make the poll you are encouraged to post your entry in this thread so
    everyone gets to see all the entries.

Last edited:
Great job on 35 entries. Choosing 15 was hard to say the least, several photos were in and out of it and the final 5 spots were jockeyed between 9 shots. I've got 2 bubble prizes because I couldn't pick 1.

Sepia and warm tones seemed to be the favorite choice.

PLEASE ENLARGE THE PREVIEWS BEFORE YOU VOTE!!!

There were enough entries this week to run a top 15 poll instead of the usual top 10.

I would encourage anyone who didn't make the poll to post their entry here for the rest of us to see, I'll get the ball rolling. :)

This was my entry.

I liked it but it just needed to be a bit brighter to highlight around the fenders and hood area. If it had been a zoomed in shot on just the head light it may have made.

Huh, I made it? When it comes down to producing your best? :P

I'm really surprised at how experimental some of the pics in the poll are. I was expecting all shots to be some ridiculously expensive car alt. LFA at Toscana with the cool or warm filter. But there's only one, and it seems like that one is in the lead now. How surprising. :lol:

Last edited:
hm, my photo didn't hit the poll :( why?

I liked it but the b/w background filter gave it too much contrast compared to the Ferrari shot that did make it. It had the standard PD cut out look. I've tried using that filter numerous times and have had the same issues.

The Ferrari shot blended the filter very smoothly.

I loved the X1 and the Aso Hill. Awesome framing and mood in it.
And I also suspect i'mma be doing alot of explaining too Jason when the 2.0 Poll goes up :nervous:

I loved the X1 and the Aso Hill. Awesome framing and mood in it.
And I also suspect i'mma be doing alot of explaining too Jason when the 2.0 Poll goes up :nervous:

I don;t mind saying what and why made up my mind on this :lol:

It seriously just came down to the littlest of details on the final 5 shots.

Who had the GT40 shot? That shot may be the best photo I've ever seen. Wow. The others are very good, but that one is just unbelievable! Great job to whoever did that.

EDit: It is now my desktop.

Last edited:
Who had the GT40 shot? That shot may be the best photo I've ever seen. Wow. The others are very good, but that one is just unbelievable! Great job to whoever did that.

We'll find out next weekend... But it's a Mark IV not a GT-40 👍

We'll find out next weekend... But it's a Mark IV not a GT-40 👍

Mark IV was the fourth design variant of the GT40. Yes, it was very different, but it was still called a variant of the GT40.

These entries are beyond amazing!
I was certain I wouldn't get in, I just don't think I have the skills many people on this forum appear to have.
Here was my entry
on Flickr

The fireworks over rode the shot. If they weren't there it would've faired better I think. But you were close.

Please, correct me when I'm wrong, but I think this one has been used in a competition before. The normal, PMC edit one. I think it was the "colour" theme.

6455812115_efd77d796b_o.jpg

Last edited:
Please, correct me when I'm wrong, but I think this one has been used in a competition before. I think it was the "colour" theme.

Looking back, I didn't see that one, but I did see one from the "Speed" theme a couple weeks ago. :dunce:

Wow, some real fine work in this poll, difficult to narrow it down to one image to cast a vote for! 👍 Good luck to all.

I tried something non-automotive to see if would "fly". :lol: I can see why it didn't make the poll. This was my entry.

Maybe I should've parked the samba bus in front? :D

W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back