B-Spec grinding for GTP_WRS members

Carlos Fandango

supports this message!
Premium
United States
USA
GTP_CarlosF
In a move to avoid unnecessary pollution of other threads such as weekly time trial events or the advanced notice threads, please feel free to use this thread to discuss B-Spec grinding amongst friends and away from the uneducated masses :sly:

Miscellaneous_2-1.jpg

The point of the exercise is to allow WRS members to accumulate cash in the background to facilitate the purchase of expensive cars for weekly events and to allow more time for WRS time trial or Online racing…or urgent real life matters if absolutely necessary.

There are two ways to participate…

1. Set your B-Spec drivers to ‘share with friends’ and make a request in this thread for someone to run them for you (will require a friend request exchange on PSN if you aren’t already friends with the person or people who are offering to run your drivers)

2. Host a remote race for others (and one of your own drivers) either by sitting in front of your PS3, or more efficiently, using the remote widget created by GTPlanet member Yonis. Everything you need to know about the remote B-spec widget is contained within his thread, which can be found here. I’ve only been running the widget for a few days myself, but as long as your PS3 is on, has a stable network connection and is in server standby mode, and your PC is on and is running the widget, it all takes care of itself. My 6 drivers are earning around Cr.1m per day.

I’m no expert on these matters but it seems like we’ll all benefit if we’re a little bit more organised. I’ll try and contain any updates that need to be made to this first post, so please double check here before posting questions further down the thread.

Handy tips:

1. only cash in your drivers when you have the 200% log-in bonus
2. if you're running the widget, it seems that full grids are more acheivable by setting the country to US and using 4 threads instead of 1
:)

:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally did some widget grinding yesterday for the first time, so, yes, I figured out my password problems that I was whining about in the other thread. :dunce:

Pretty cool system. I'll probably be using it again in the near future. 👍

:lol: My PS3 and Pc are running 24/7 with this widget! :lol:

Good to see you found your password Lucas 👍

Last edited:
Currently running Carlos and Apokalipse's drivers to return the favor, so if any of the new guys (or old timers :sly: ) want to send me a friend request I will add them to the list of drivers to be run.

Damn Carlos, today is the first time I have managed to steal your drivers off you without them being in use :D

Edit: Can all FR requests please be sent to my other account PSN Dynamic_Skills:cheers:

Last edited:
I'm all good for cash, so I've got plenty of time to run anybody who needs it. I'll keep an eye out for anyone who signs up and run them when I can.

Make sure everyone sets each other to leave at least one driver free so that everyone can host an event 👍

When I get back at the end of the month I'll do some grinding. Many are in my friends list already since I hosted the 3d3 races.

@Kelvin, you can blame Scott and Christophe for that as they've been running my Bob's recently. Thanks guys 👍

@Anastasis, I'm still only showing you as having one driver. Please set you new bob's to online mode by selecting 'share with friends'.

@Adam (GTP_Bloodimayhem), I got your FR last night and accepted it, but you only showed up in my widget this morning. Will run your bobs today. Try and cash one in at some point as this will increase you B-spec level and allow you to recruit two more bobs to fill your extra slots.

@Chuk, sent you a FR last week (not sure why we weren't friends on PSN already :lol:)

@Tim, I don't think you are on my friends list, but feel free to send me a FR if you would like me to run your bobs. I know Christophe has been running them, so you're still earning regardless 👍

EDIT: Note that I already earnt enough money to buy the Alfa and it's now sitting in my garage. This process is now just providing me a credit stream to allow me to buy more nice metal and hopefully close my other account.

Last edited:
I've had my widget set to reciprocate but may change it to try and run more people.

Plato, I still send a request to Dynamic_Skills and can run your guys some.

If anyone else wants to be run send me a request. GTP_mcfizzle

I've had my widget set to reciprocate but may change it to try and run more people.

Plato, I still send a request to Dynamic_Skills and can run your guys some.

If anyone else wants to be run send me a request. GTP_mcfizzle

:cheers: As I said, don't bother running my Dynamic account as I will be using my GTP account from now on. I will run your drivers tomorrow along with others and anyone else's that sends me an FR 👍

Scott, I found that setting to reciprocate limited my grid sizes (and hence cash return for competing drivers, since the prize fund goes up the more cars that are on the grid). I have you and Christophe set to always use as you've both been running my Bob's non-stop, and then everyone else to use randomly, but my friends list is not that large anyway so eveyone gets a good go 👍

GTP_Plato
:cheers: As I said, don't bother running my Dynamic account as I will be using my GTP account from now on. I will run your drivers tomorrow along with others and anyone else's that sends me an FR 👍

I guess I misunderstood, thought you were asking requests to go to the Dynamic account. To the GTP account then.

FR to the Dynamic_Skills account so that he can host races using that account. You also need a FR to GTP_Plato and run those drivers in your events. Set Dynamic_Skills to 'never use' in your manage drivers list.

I only know 'cos I've been through this with him already :lol:

Managed some coin last night thanks to Alli!
Have sent out the FR as listed in previous posts.
Thanks for the help guys, always appreciated.

Cheers All !!!

FR to the Dynamic_Skills account so that he can host races using that account. You also need a FR to GTP_Plato and run those drivers in your events. Set Dynamic_Skills to 'never use' in your manage drivers list.

Apologies for the confusion :sly:

I am hosting a few races now before I get off for the night but most of the friends on my list seem to have no drivers spare to run.

You stealing them all again Jon :sly:

Edit: Sent you an FR Scott 👍

I'm only using one Kelvin - Scott and Christophe keep kidnapping them!

Seems that there are a shortage of Bob's at the moment as I'm hosting a four car race!

Carlos Fandango

Now I really understand, lol. I thought I had no reading comprehension. Thanks Jon.👍

Thansk Chuk - I've refreshed my widget but you're not showing yet. Will try again later. Once you're on I'll run you alongside everyone else whenever I'm not in A-spec :cheers:

GT doesn't update the friends/drivers list until both parties have signed in to GT Life (after the PSN FRs are sent and confirmed) - even the web site gives an odd error until that's done.

After that, it's worth knowing that the Grinder uses a cookie to speed up the log in process if it can - and because of this, you may need to Force Reauthentication once the above bit is complete for the Grinder to find the new drivers.

In other news, the best payout is from the LMPs at Indy, IIRC. It's event 32855 on the Australian website, but the US one typically works better with the widget everywhere; event 5930 there.
(selected for the widget by putting Yahoo widgets in debug mode, and copying in:

"preferences.preferredRace.value = id;", where id is the event you want; so for LMPs at Indy on the US server:

"preferences.preferredRace.value = 5930;" (without the quotes)

The server used is the Country listed under Widget Preferences, in the Account tab.

(these are detailed in the grinder thread, like [post=4922834]here[/post], but it can get a little confusing).

Last edited:
There you go again Ren, getting all clever on me :sly:

My current issue is getting full grids, which I believe also affects payouts. Have tried moving some/all to always use, moving some/all to reciprocate, moving some/all to use randomly, but this doesn't appear to make much difference and the widget seems to have a limit on the number of PSN ID it uses for each race.

I have 46 (+1 i.e. me) drivers that are available from 9 PSN ID's. All ID's are set to keep at least one driver free, which makes 37+1. I know one of those ID with 6 drivers is not used by anyone else as the guys sits next to me at work.

However, the race I'm hosting has my guy, plus 4 of Scott's and 4 of Lucas' drivers for a grid of 9 cars. My initial assumption was that the other drivers were being used by others on their friends list, but that doesn't apply for my work colleague.

I have concurrent threads =1 and driver reservation delay =2 seconds. Any ideas?

I put the grinder in debug mode and entered:
preferences.preferredRace.value = id;

I got this for message:
ReferenceError: id is not defined
Script execution failed

Then I tried to put in this:
"preferences.preferredRace.value = id;"

And now it didn't give an error so I think I got it right now, hopefully...

I put the grinder in debug mode and entered:
preferences.preferredRace.value = id;

I got this for message:
ReferenceError: id is not defined
Script execution failed

My bad. You need 5930 (or another event ID) in place of "id" in the text. I edited the post above for clarity.

There you go again Ren, getting all clever on me :sly:

My current issue is getting full grids, which I believe also affects payouts. Have tried moving some/all to always use, moving some/all to reciprocate, moving some/all to use randomly, but this doesn't appear to make much difference and the widget seems to have a limit on the number of PSN ID it uses for each race.

I have 46 (+1 i.e. me) drivers that are available from 9 PSN ID's. All ID's are set to keep at least one driver free, which makes 37+1. I know one of those ID with 6 drivers is not used by anyone else as the guys sits next to me at work.

However, the race I'm hosting has my guy, plus 4 of Scott's and 4 of Lucas' drivers for a grid of 9 cars. My initial assumption was that the other drivers were being used by others on their friends list, but that doesn't apply for my work colleague.

I have concurrent threads =1 and driver reservation delay =2 seconds. Any ideas?

I'd try logging into the web site to see what it says; if you can run a race from there with that guy's drivers, try the Force Reathentication I mentioned in the widget.

If you can't run the race from the web page (it'll give an error about not being able to view their profile also, if you check), you'll need him or you to log into GT Life again. If you can actually select and run his drivers on the PS3 in GT life but not the widget, and the other things haven't worked, I don't know. I don't use reciprocate on myself, so I typically have 1-2 in always use, and the rest on random. Grid size most definitely affects payouts. Maybe swap servers to the US if you're not already?

5 of Matey's 6 drivers are now being used for my current race, as is one of Adam's, but no-one elses. I've made no changes to my widget since my previous post :odd:

Have just clicked 'Force Reauthentication' to see whether that helps for the next race.

Christophe, your grids always seem to be full. Is that because you have access to a bigger gene pool (so to speak), or are you doing something different? Care to share settings?

I'm logged in and my country is Australia
I have concurrent threads =1 and driver reservation delay =2 seconds.
All drivers are set to use randomly and always keep 1 free.

5 of Matey's 6 drivers are now being used for my current race, as is one of Adam's, but no-one elses. I've made no changes to my widget since my previous post :odd:

Have just clicked 'Force Reauthentication' to see whether that helps for the next race.

Christophe, your grids always seem to be full. Is that because you have access to a bigger gene pool (so to speak), or are you doing something different? Care to share settings?

I'm logged in and my country is Australia
I have concurrent threads =1 and driver reservation delay =2 seconds.
All drivers are set to use randomly and always keep 1 free.

Mm, definitely try using the US server. I got much less weirdness there after one of the updates/maintenance periods. You could also check "Show Race Logs" for clues. (I haven't installed Yahoo Widgets on a Mac, mind, but my laptop has "Show Race Logs in Windows Explorer", so I hope there's a Finder equivalent).

OK, so rookie question, do i need to be signed in to the PSN always to have you run my bots??
Stupid question I know but if i do i will remedy that problem as i usually just log out and switch off.

as is one of Adam's:cheers:
Is that me? Or another Adam??

Thanks again for the help guys.

Cheers All

@Ren: works perfect now. Races are restarted faster.

@ Jon: Yeah, my grids are always full.

Widget preferences:
  • Races: Events of any length
  • Advanced: 4 thread, 1 sec delay.

Manage Drivers:
  • 30 PSN friends
  • 113 Bobs available
  • Set to: Use Randomly and Leave at least 1 driver free

EDIT:

OK, so rookie question, do i need to be signed in to the PSN always to have you run my bots??
Stupid question I know but if i do i will remedy that problem as i usually just log out and switch off.
Nope, your Bobs just need to be shared online.

Yeah, he means you. ;)

Thanks again for the help guys.

Cheers All

You mate, and I'm running your guys at the moment so it works fine - all you need to do is ensure that your drivers are set to 'share with friends'

@ Jon: Yeah, my grids are always full.

Widget preferences:
  • Races: Events of any length
  • Advanced: 4 thread, 1 sec delay.

Manage Drivers:
  • 30 PSN friends
  • 113 Bobs available
  • Set to: Leave at least 1 driver free

Thanks Cristophe - only difference I see, apart from you being the popular kid at school :sly: and therefore having a bigger gene pool to chose from, is the number of threads. I'm sure I read that less threads was better to ensure full grids, but I'll give it a try. I assume that your races are starting quicker as you've pre-selected the event.

EDIT: is your country set to US or Belgium?

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back