Last edited by a moderator:
wrstitleseventdetails.png

Lounge Settings (@ GTP_3D3Racing)

• Race Quality: Standard
  • Voice Chat Quality: Low

Official Practice Times

• NA: Mondays @ 8:00 PM Eastern / 5:00 PM Pacific
  • EU: Tuesdays @ 20:00 GMT / 3:00 PM Eastern / 12:00 PM Pacific
  • Pre-Race: The lounge is open for pre-race practice appx 1 hour prior to the official start of each event

Course & Car Settings

• Track: Trial Mount Circuit
  • Car: Maserati Gran Turismo S '08 (from Recommended Garage)
  • Tires: Sports Soft (S3's)
  • In Event Tuning Settings: R/A functions only
  • Example Tunes: N/A

Qualification Procedures

• Type: Live Pre-Race Single Stint Qualifying
  • Timing: Begins at event start time after track reset and just before the race
  • Duration: 15 minutes (Pits closed during qualifying)
  • Groups: TBD

Event Settings

• Game Mode: Normal Race
  • Laps: 30
  • Start Type: Grid Start
  • Grid Order: Fastest First
  • Boost: No
  • Slipstream strength: TBD (leaning toward strong)
  • Penalty: Off
  • Automatic Race Start Cycle: Disabled
  • Race Finish Delay: Set to the Max 180 Seconds
  • Grip Reduction: Real
  • Mechanical Damage: Light
  • Visible Damage: Off
  • Tire Wear / Fuel Consumption: On
  • Pit Stops: Open

Regulation Settings

• Car Restriction: See above (from Recommended Garage)
  • Performance Points: NA
  • Power: 433 HP (Stock)
  • Weight: 1780 kg (Stock)
  • Tire Restrictions: See above
  • Skid Recovery Force Aid | Active Steering | ASM: Disabled
  • TCS | Driving Line: Optional

Standard Clean OLR Rules Apply:

• Unless otherwise specified, all rules from the original WRS event apply.
  • All Hard Surfaces are considered Track Surface. This includes tarmac, red and white rumbles, and concrete. You are expected to drive clean at all times as if you are racing in the WRS. All participants are required to follow the GTPlanet Online Racing Rules & Guidelines.
  • 3D3 Race Stewards (who are taking part in race, but will review the replay) reserve the right to boot or invalidate the result of any driver from the Race Room for driving offensively. If you ignore any warnings from the stewards and are booted from the race room, you will not be allowed to participate in future 3D3 events.
  • 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track
  • Limit your contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Passing and Blocking: Aggressive blocking is not permitted, but the driver in front has the right to choose his/her line and braking point and drivers behind should respect that line. Be especially careful when you are on older tires than the competition as the speed difference may be significant. These events are "for fun" so just play nice and take a conservative rather than an aggressive approach when possible.

Good Luck, OLR Team:gtplanet:

TrialMountainCircuit_7-800.jpg

Last edited:
wrstitlesdriverregistra.png

In the event of a field over 12 drivers we will disable mics and stay in one grid. With 16+ we will split the grid.
Split determined by TBD.

event23_reg.png

(table will auto update approximately every 30 minutes)

Registration Instructions

The following must be performed by every driver for every event:
  • Click the registration button above, fill-in and submit the online registration form (use your GTP_ tag ID)
  • Leave a quick note in this thread to let us know you've registered and any other comments.
The following must be performed only one time per driver (not per event):
  • Send a PSN friend request to GTP_3D3Racing, GTP_3D3_A and GTP_3D3_B with subject line "3D3 Racing" from your GTP_tag ID.
  • Submit the 3D3 Racing Online Driver Database Entry Form. Your information will need to be verified before you are added to the db and before your ID will appear in the registered driver table above. You can view the official driver database here.

There is a 30 car/driver limit for this event (per region) and slots are awarded on the grid using a first come first serve basis. Reference the registered drivers table above for availability. This is a stand alone race and points are not tallied for a series. Future WRS-Online races hosted by 3D3 racing may have different driver limits and will require re-registration using the same first come first serve basis and participation in future events is optional.

Registration Changes

If you want to change your time slot, add a time slot or update your color choices just click on the registration link and fill out the form again and submit with new values. Your last entry will override any previous entries.

Cancellations

If for some reason, after you register for the event, you are unable to attend the race please post in this thread so we can update the registration list and make the spot available to another driver. Also click the registration button above and complete the form again selecting only "cancel" as your time slot.

Eligibility

This WRS-Online event hosted by 3D3 Racing is open to GTP_Registered members only. If you are not currently on the registry run the GTP_Registry qualifier and join now!

TrialMountainCircuit_3-800.jpg

Last edited:
Based on the quick run we did last night using this combo it's going to be tough! But fun of course (don't want to hurt Lucas' feelings and make him cry).

You guys are supposed to post to the thread when you sign up with the form. How will it look if all the threads I start end up with 2 replies that are all from me. I'll get banned. :lol:

I'd be curious to see what kind of practice laps people can achieve online. We used to post those regularly in the old threads each week, but haven't been doing that lately. If any of you get a chance to run some online laps post your fast lap times so we can compare. I know online/offline this week will vary quite a bit so can't really go by the time trial lap times or splits.

I have signed up for the N/A race! I figure from my on line testing that I will need 4 pit stops!

Al

I signed up for the EU race.

Signed up for EU, and if I feel like skipping an hour of class :cool:,will reach the NA race too.

I did a 1'34.8 full tank in practice, with more practice there's more time to be found of course. I think Pekka did a 1'34.3 on full tank.
This car's a completely different animal online, there's oversteer which isn't present offline.

I have signed up for the N/A race! I figure from my on line testing that I will need 4 pit stops!

Al

That's around 6 laps per stint.. wow. I haven't done any long run testing, maybe will do some tonight and see what I get.

I figure from my on line testing that I will need 4 pit stops!

That's around 6 laps per stint.. wow. I haven't done any long run testing, maybe will do some tonight and see what I get.

I think [hope] that the rapid tire wear rate is due to the fact that we're driving offline lines and once we "smooth" it out [stop sliding so much] we'll get the tires to last a little longer. I don't mind more pits as they make things interesting, but four stops is a bit much. It will give Hydro a chance to get his water breaks though [or reach for his remote]. :sly:

Did a complete test race today,30 laps.
Tried a one stopper but still in doubt if that the way to go is.

Made to many mistakes to have a solid conclusion.
Laps were from the 1´35.6 range rising to 1´39 high.:scared:

So in my agenda there are two more tries,again an one stop and a two stop.

Great combo 👍,frustrating at times,never easy but oh so fun.

Signed up for both. I'm getting too much fun out of these online events. 👍
It's going to be a last minute sprint again for the Time Trial.

Signed up, but have run a total of about 3 laps of this. Lots of laps at Trial Mountain over the years, so hopefully I can hang in there.

My internet connection is alive again, racing this wednesday too !

Last edited by a moderator:
GTP_3D3Racing is open for practice.

I did a 1'34.8 full tank in practice, with more practice there's more time to be found of course. I think Pekka did a 1'34.3 on full tank.
This car's a completely different animal online, there's oversteer which isn't present offline.

Best full fuel lap for me so far is 1'34.999 1'34.727. Got caught a few times with that oversteer, especially in 2nd gear.

So in my agenda there are two more tries, again an one stop and a two stop.

I don't see how I can do a one stopper so a two stopper it's going to be unless I learn how to be more gentle with this beast.

Last edited:
I'm in for NA (maybe EU) with my Slick Nero Carbonio.
How Gangsta is a Nero Carbonio Maseratti?

I'm running a few laps in the lobby now if anyone is looking to try this online.

Signed up for NA, I am 99% sure that I will be there, but I gotta put the kids down early.

Finally can communicate properly, really need a mic for the lounge!

Didn't manage any tire wear testing today, but ran a few laps and tested some passing opportunities out with Marc and Tim.

The best place to pass is the back straight, that being said it still sucks with weak slipstream as you need to be very close on the corner exit to benefit.
Strong slipstream works a bit better on the back straight, and it makes it easier to follow another car around the rest of the lap too.
The only issue I can see with the strong slipstream is anyone trying a one-stopper will be a sitting duck if someone with relatively fresher tires comes up behind them.

I'm pretty sure we're going to set slipstream to strong after the test today. Will hold off final determination until after EU practice tomorrow. The car slides way too much to pass elsewhere and if we don't facilitate some passing on the straight it'll get ugly. Even with strong slip you need to be pretty close as this car doesn't leave much of a gap in the air.

Also the penalties are a joke (it's too hard to get one) so we'll run with them off for qualifying (and the race as always).

Update 2.05 is supposed to come out in Japan and Asia on the 15th (Wed) and EU/NA on the 16th... hopefully we're safe with these races, but we'll have to keep an eye on it. The tweet said something about improving the stability of online races so hopefully the private lounge connection bug they seem to have introduced with 2.04 will be corrected.

Last edited:
GTP_3D3Racing lounge is open for practice.

Sjaak, did you DC?

Signed up for EU event 👍 Nearly forgot to join this week.

Car is a riot with online physics - really have to watch that rear end to not destroy the tyres. Best practice lap after a half hour test this evening was a 1'34.288.

It'll be interesting to see how the racing shapes up with this tank - I agree in principle on the drafting so let's see how it goes tomorrow. :)

Gonna be running a few laps soon if anyone wants to join in.

EDIT: Lounge closed.

Last edited:
Given there are 14 drivers registered (+1 reserve) we're going to race in GTP_3D3_A lounge for the EU race tomorrow (mics disabled). Regardless, please meet for pre-race practice in the main lounge (GTP_3D3Racing) as free run has no problems with lag usually and will give us a chance to go over rules with mics enabled. Assuming everyone turns up and we are more than 12 we'll head over to B for qualification at 8:00 PM GMT.

We may very well end up doing the same for the NA race.

Looks like everyone who is currently registered is on the friends list of both lounges except for GTP_NINE_HUNDRED and GTP_dsgerbc to whom I'll send a FR tonight on PSN.

Also we'll end up running group quali as 14 is quite a few to qualify at once on this track.

I'm going to run some practice laps in the lounge. I'll probably be there for a couple of hours, in case anyone is interested.

Signed up for EU event 👍 Nearly forgot to join this week.

Car is a riot with online physics - really have to watch that rear end to not destroy the tyres. Best practice lap after a half hour test this evening was a 1'34.288.

It'll be interesting to see how the racing shapes up with this tank - I agree in principle on the drafting so let's see how it goes tomorrow. :)

Last night at EU practice Wesley did a 1'33.9 . And about 2 hours later I did 1'33.4 .

And settled for 6/0 brake balance with ABS3
The front tyres wear out faster than the rear.
A bit more understeer is present , but cornering is a lot easyer (lots of 2nd gear)
And the tyres last for 15-17 laps when there is no excessive drifting and battling included.

One stopper needs patience , 2 stopper not so much.

I'm going to run some practice laps in the lounge. I'll probably be there for a couple of hours, in case anyone is interested.

I'm joining the early pre race pre race practice now.

I received some PMs regarding confusion concerning my primary lounge vs lounge A post above. The gist of the issue is that mics take bandwidth, this game's netcode is bandwidth hungry and based on testing and PD's press releases having a race with over 12 drivers means mic need to be disabled (for now). It's not good enough just to turn mics off as the system still creates a channel for mics if they are enabled in the lounge setup (which can't be changed on the fly).

Since we like mics and the ability to communicate more easily we're going to use our main mic-enabled lounge for all segments of the event except the actual race. Pre-race practice (which apparently is already underway :sly:) and qualifying will take place in GTP_3D3Racing (mic-enabled). Only after qualifying and only if we have more than 12 drivers will we migrate to GTP_3D3_A (mic-disabled) for the actual race.

I know this is a couple extra hoops to jump through and wish it wasn't so. We could do the entire setup without mics of course, but we are choosing to switch and keep the mics for as long as we can. Also the game is completely messing up the starting grid order these days so if we are going to have to "stage" it anyway, might as well do qualifying in the mic-enabled lounge where we can give verbal instructions to the groups/drivers.

Does that make sense or am I just terrible at being succinct?

EDIT: I sent FR to all drivers that weren't on the friends list of the A lounge so we should be good there. Just make sure GTP_3D3_A is on your list of friends before the race starts!

Back