GTP WRS-Online : Event 23 : Mount Maserati - Feb 15

• Thread starter WRP001
  • 79 comments
Weird, indeed!

I checked with my replay, and we disappeared from each other's drivers list at around 58 or 59 seconds after the start. Your driver list was all messed up, though, showing us as 4th and 5th. My list showed you as 12th and me as 14th (:ouch:).

Tim, I think it was you who asked Speedy afterwards if he could see me. What gave you a hunch that he couldn't?

Anyway, I'll look into the DMZ business. As Marc typed at the top of his lungs, "IT CAN ONLY HELP!"

I think Marc or Tim asked you that because I made the comment after the race that I saw you and Speedy joined at the hip and weaving back and forth together, as if the game couldn't decide who should be in that space. It was quite entertaining for almost a full lap. I even saw one of you get ejected upward with sparks! :ill:

I remember you making that comment, I didn't realize at the time it was me you were talking about.

It would be interesting seeing that sequence from someone's replay (other than Speedy's or mine, obviously).

I'm going to ask a favor of everyone. When we stage the grid please don't use your horns constantly. I'm on a headset and it literally gave me a headache. I know Dan wasn't too thrilled about it either based on his text message at the time.

I'm glad you are all excited to race, but tap your fingers or clap your hands if you just have to release some energy. You can even make funny faces and roll your eyes. Just lay off the horns. :rolleyes:

Just call me
Grinch-icon.png

I remember you making that comment, I didn't realize at the time it was me you were talking about.

It would be interesting seeing that sequence from someone's replay (other than Speedy's or mine, obviously).
Yeah, I said pre at first, but then corrected myself to say Aspec. Really missed having mics last night, but a lag-free race was worth it!

I thought I'd make a dumb phone vid of you and Speedy, so it won't look good, but will give the general chaos of the situation. It was really hard to tell if you guys were really just driving the same speed and lines, or if the game had *gasp* tied you together somehow.

EDIT: Sorry, Grinch, no more honkey. :ouch: I had switched from headphones to stereo in the mic-less lounge, and the horns were making my kids laugh.

I've seen people that couldn't see eachother 'fighting' it out on track without knowing.
Feels weird now being one of those 'fighting' ones.

Other than that, I had a great race actually. Many battles with lots of different people. 👍

I've just watched Christophe's video synced with my replay, and I could "see" that we were at the same place at the same time for a while, starting at around the end of lap 24 (for me, so lap 25 for you). I noticed another strange thing: the blimp was not synced at all between our replays!

I'm going to ask a favor of everyone. When we stage the grid please don't use your horns constantly. I'm on a headset and it literally gave me a headache. I know Dan wasn't too thrilled about it either based on his text message at the time.

I'm glad you are all excited to race, but tap your fingers or clap your hands if you just have to release some energy. You can even make funny faces and roll your eyes. Just lay off the horns. :rolleyes:

Just call me
Grinch-icon.png

I take full responsibility for that, every race :mischievous:. It's like a chain reaction :lol:.

But I'll stop :(

I take full responsibility for that, every race :mischievous:. It's like a chain reaction :lol:.

But I'll stop :(

Thanks. No worries about prior races and horns. I have two young boys with unlimited energy and well let's just say a few moments of silence during the countdown are well appreciated. :sly:

Anyone up for a Saturday race on this one? :gtpflag:

As usual, I'll open the GTP_3D3Racing lounge at about 20:00 - 20:30 GMT.
We can do one long race at 22:00 GMT or we can go for some shorter races at random timings.

Suggestions/votes?

EDIT:
Hopefully the last patch (2.05) won't give me any more issues on hosting. :scared:

Have fun, I'll be away. If I may make a suggestion try a formation lap as the standing starts were quite ugly with this combo.

Anyone up for a Saturday race on this one? :gtpflag:

As usual, I'll open the GTP_3D3Racing lounge at about 20:00 - 20:30 GMT.
We can do one long race at 22:00 GMT or we can go for some shorter races at random timings.

Suggestions/votes?

EDIT:
Hopefully the last patch (2.05) won't give me any more issues on hosting. :scared:

Sounds fun, definatley up for that

I'll be there. I think the same full race again would be great, of the races I have participated in it has the most differing strategies with 1-3 stops.
If we decide on another revisit, a 12 lap of "An M3 on S3's at GVE" would appeal very much to me. :D

I'll be there. I think the same full race again would be great, of the races I have participated in it has the most differing strategies with 1-3 stops.
If we decide on another revisit, a 12 lap of "An M3 on S3's at GVE" would appeal very much to me. :D

How does 50 laps sound?
But that's for another day ;)

I might make the Saturday race too, put me at 60% or so 👍

Last edited:
How long are these races going on for?
This sounds like an awesome one but i'm still waiting for my registration to be accepted.
Hope it's not too late.

Hydro nice jump in laps from 36 to 50 :lol: but it sounds really good to me.
I was thinking of 12 laps only to allow time for other races in the time slot (possibly even squeezed in after full 30 lap TM).

This sounds like an awesome one but i'm still waiting for my registration to be accepted.
Hope it's not too late.

These races go on every week so you'll definatly get your chance to run here.
You will have to wait 'till you get registered officially though.

It won't be long seeing this post.
I plan to run the next set of registry submissions in the middle of next week.

Most likely will be there too.

Hope it's not too late.

And we have another Canadian! Welcome :cheers:

The races on are aimed at being between 45-60 minutes, plus around 15 minutes for quali. They're based on the WRS combo for that week.

EDIT: Speedy's repsonse is...... well Speedy :sly:

GTP_3D3Racing lounge is open.
If we're going for one long race. Quali will start at 22:00 GMT (~2hrs from now)

Good job with race tonight guys, Good fun and with being 40 laps it gave it that extra bit of intrigue with the strategy as to what people were gonna do. For me the 2 stopper worked at charm, stopping at the end of lap of lap 14 and 28 with a clear run to the line. I enjoyed it 👍

Back