DLC #4 or GT6?

• Total voters

The Bman

That's just one of my names.
Premium
United States
Pittsburgh, PA
The_Bman24
Recently, everybody has been talking about DLC #4 and a new track for GT5. Many people on this forum are anticipating this. Despite this, Polyphony has not confirmed a 4th DLC pack.

People like me would rather have PD work on Gran Turismo 6 rather than Gran Turismo 5. GT5 is nearly a year and a half old, and in my opinion it doesn't need any more DLC. If PD starts focusing entirely on GT6 they might be able to finish it by mid-2013.

Would you rather see a 4th DLC pack as well as a track or would you like PD to focus on GT6 instead? The more PD focuses on GT6 the faster it gets done.

I want GT6 for Playstation 3. I don't want the PS3 left with a flawed and unfinished Gran Turismo that is the 5th version.

picture.php

picture.php

I look at it like any DLC will likely end up in GT6 so it's not really slowing progress for the game. And really we have no clue on GT6's release timeline so I won't even begin to speculate on it. Having said that, and going against what I just wrote, maybe GT6 has always been a PS4 project and obviously then they would have long while before having to worry about release. Right now I want DLC and new content, not to think about a title that we have no clue where in the development phase it is.

I have a feeling that any content (i.e. Premium cars and tracks) will automatically be imported into GT6. If this is true, the entire PD team can work on GT6, whilst adding content to GT5 simultaneously.

I don't want GT6 to come until at least another 2 years have passed. I'd rather give PD 3-4 years to make a proper game with improvements based on the mistakes they made with GT5 than get another rushed game just to satisfy the kids who think sequels should come yearly or bi-yearly.

GT5 DLC doesn't really affect GT6's development time anyway, considering most, if not all the premium cars and tracks in GT5 will appear in GT6. We're basically getting GT6 content early, to enjoy in GT5.

I don't want GT6 to come until at least another 2 years have passed. I'd rather give PD 3-4 years to make a proper game with improvements based on the mistakes they made with GT5 than get another rushed game just to satisfy the kids who think sequels should come yearly or bi-yearly.

GT5 DLC doesn't really affect GT6's development time anyway, considering most, if not all the premium cars and tracks in GT5 will appear in GT6. We're basically getting GT6 content early, to enjoy in GT5.

My official bet is Spring-xmas 2014.

At this point they have to think about if it's worth releasing any more GT5 DLC. They may have the assets but it's not exactly free to release DLC and they don't want to waste any assets that could be used to sell GT6.

I know I certainly won't be buying any more GT5 DLC.

Somewhere around this forum i've read a quote of Kaz that there are 2 groups working with in PD. One focussed on GT6, and one on development GT5 (and possibly other things like video's of new cars e.g. Honda NSX).

Hopefully after GT Academy is fully running, there is time to release DLC #4.
(Ferrari F12, Nissan Duke-R and the NSX would be nice :) )

gt6 will be on the ps4.

the ps3's timeline is getting closer. Gt6 will be wasted on the tripple. A brand new GT game at this point needs a fresh new console.

Prologue and number 5 sold enough copies this generation for polyphony

gt6 will be on the ps4.

the ps3's timeline is getting closer. Gt6 will be wasted on the tripple. A brand new GT game at this point needs a fresh new console.

Prologue and number 5 sold enough copies this generation for polyphony

not if they take another 6 years to make the next one.

Dont really want dlc but more standard to premiums.I dont think there will be anymore dlc to be honest.Maybe it was dlc for the next 2 months approx. instead of dlc approx every 2 months.Kaz said he wanted to work on dlc before he convert standards to premiums(jaguar was probably a hint) and if they are done with dlc they are probably working on standards to premiums..... the ocd lately has been kind of weird ;)
/speculation

At this point they have to think about if it's worth releasing any more GT5 DLC. They may have the assets but it's not exactly free to release DLC and they don't want to waste any assets that could be used to sell GT6.

I could be wrong but I think they get very high return when they sell DLC, the value per car or track is much higher than what they got per car or track that came on the disc. That is assuming the DLC sold well, though. But I also think it doesn't really matter if they save the assets or not. GT6 is going to sell boatloads whether Bathurst appeared as DLC previously or appears for the first time on disc. Look at GT5, Spa was the most wanted track and it didn't ship with the game and I really don't think it affected the overall sales significantly.

As for this DLC they really need to step up and offer something of value, and I mean something like 2 real race tracks when I say that. Probably not likely but I can dream.

You people would pick dlc 4 with probably only a few meager cars and a small expansion over a fresh new game loaded with content?

images

DLC

I'd rather have the next GT on the PS4, because from the looks of it the PS3's limitations have been reached. Having 16 cars at once is already taxing the PS3's RAM. The shadows might be fixed with a more powerful system, although I'm not sure about that. PD was told to increase the resolution, because of 3D, from 720p to 1080p and even then it isn't native 1080p. The PS3 just isn't enough for GT5 with the level of detail pursued by PD's graphics department.

Something else I'm not entirely sure about, but I think makes sense, is that the new physics engine's power coupled with the graphics on outdated hardware (and visible backseats in cockpit view) could mean a lot of things won't be improved if GT6 is on the PS3. Six years and you guys think they can harness a significant amount more of the PS3's power for a "complete" GT6?

GT6 will probably release with the PS4 in 3+ years

If they had problems with data on GT5 (PS3) resulting to a game with many missing features then a newer version on PS3 wont be any better, GT5 ps3 also took a lot of years since gt5 prologue in 2007 which took a year and another 4 years for GT5 , thats 5 years.

You people would pick dlc 4 with probably only a few meager cars and a small expansion over a fresh new game loaded with content?

images

You make it sound like the choice is DLC4 tomorrow or GT6 tomorrow. It's not. The choice is DLC hopefully soon that will also make it into GT6 or drop GT5 support and wait probably 2 years for GT6. To me it seems pretty simple, they can work on DLC and new game at the same time, plus any updates and DLC should carry over to GT6.

Who said making DLC takes away from GT6? They can do both at the same time with different staff. If a new car/track is made, it will be used in GT6 as well, so we get a taste now and will see later in GT6. There isn't gonna be much of a difference where they would be forced to add more polygons to cars for GT6.

DLC

I'd rather have the next GT on the PS4, because from the looks of it the PS3's limitations have been reached. Having 16 cars at once is already taxing the PS3's RAM. The shadows might be fixed with a more powerful system, although I'm not sure about that. PD was told to increase the resolution, because of 3D, from 720p to 1080p and even then it isn't native 1080p. The PS3 just isn't enough for GT5 with the level of detail pursued by PD's graphics department.

Something else I'm not entirely sure about, but I think makes sense, is that the new physics engine's power coupled with the graphics on outdated hardware (and visible backseats in cockpit view) could mean a lot of things won't be improved if GT6 is on the PS3. Six years and you guys think they can harness a significant amount more of the PS3's power for a "complete" GT6?

3D was the the downfall of GT5 but thats not the reason it is not 720p, it was always gonna be as close to 1080p as they could get it!

I think GT6 is for the next generation Playstation. They have to keep GT5 interest levels high until then. I feel we'll get some sort of announcement next week.

With recent rumours of PS4 possibly being out close to Christmas 2013 (ditching the Cell processor) could mean that GT6 may well be a launch title for the new console (apparently developers have had the base architecture and root kit for a while now), hence the PD focus of working on GT6 at the same time as doing ongoing development of DLC for GT5.

In the mean time, I would still like to see more DLC for GT5 to maintain the interest (another track would be great!) for a lot of players.

It probably will be worth producing more DLCs, considering the fact they earned millions from the 1st DLCs alone (SOURCE- https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-dlc-hits-one-million-downloads-in-two-weeks/). Money shouldn't be a factor here.

Knowing the eternal PD deadlines, we can expect GT6 in 2 years time at the earliest..
So in the meantime they can at least try to perfectionize what still feels like an unfinished game to me.

Like the thread "easy things for PD to implement in GT5", shows it wouldn't take huge efforts or time consuming programming to do so.

I would prefer updates like that (improve AI, race formats, events) above more new tracks and cars. Because if they fix that we can start having fun with those 900 other cars that are gathering dust in our garages.

If now they drain out updates and DLC for GT5, because they are already busy with GT6 and they hold to their rep of making us wait years for the release again, i think my next console will be a Xbox.

That DLC doesn't aeem to be coming soon, so I think PD hade better be publishing a complete game in the form of Gran Turismo 6.

Back