Standard cars in GT6?

Canada
London, Ontario
Starky513
Will see standard car models in the next rendition of Gran Turimso? If so, what cars do we currently have that won't make the cut?

30u8dx3.jpg

Last edited:
If GT6 ends up being on the PS3, I guess it would be near impossible to convert 800 something cars to get the premium treatment. Here's to hoping they leave all the duplicates, and all the little ugly hatchbacks like the Ford Kas standard.

Probably not. I mean, the whole standrad cars issue came to light because Sony wanted GT5 to have some connectivity with the PSP... Though with the announcement that there may be a Gran Turismo game for the Vita, I woder if they'll try to pull something like that again (Though I hope not).

Hopefully less standards, but it's almost confirmed (NOT CONFIRMED BY PD, BY OUR MINDS) that GT6 will have standards if we want to see it any time soon.

It pains me to suggest this, because mostly all my fav cars are standard, but PD must drop this inconsistency, save the time spent on "standardizing" GT4 assets, and put them into significantly less Premiums.

Keep the game consistent.

I find it worse to want a standard to be premium, than to want a car in the game, if a car isnt in the game, what can you do? But if a car is already in the game, you get a taste,a whiff of it, and you want more.

200 GT5 Premiums + another 300 or so, new cars and the top standards converted to Premium.

500 Premiums, seems fair no?

Make as many standard cars in GT5 and GT4 as premiums, add new premium ones, then the rest standard cars that could not make in time can be had for extra. Win + win !

I think NO.

They couldn't implement them in a reasonable way in GT5. The simple fact that we can't have them in the same tab on GT5 shows that it wasn't a good idea the way they did it.

Let me clear that I enjoy the standards a lot right now and have 700+ of them but for GT6, I don't want them. :( PD will probably come with 400-500 premium cars for GT6 imho, standards will not be needed.

PS: THEY BETTER MAKE A PREMIUM DAIHATSU MIDGET.

Well I guess people will be disappointed then again lol.

Seriously though GT5 problem wasn't the standards per say it was the fact that Standards outweigh the premiums.

I mean come on 200 premiums to 800 standards?????
If GT5 had it more like 40/60 or even 50/50 it would still be an issue, but not as big an issue.

Sadly, there are many standard cars that are so good to be had in premium, Buick GNX, Ginetta G4, Lotus Europa, Pajero Rally Raid, all racing cars .... :(

There seriously better not be standards in GT6.

I'm with ya there...:ill:

AGREED! :grumpy:👍

I agree 100%. The word "standards" should have never been created and should be erased from everyones vocabulary after GT5. If they have standards again in GT6 I promise I wont even rent GT6. I will officially give up on the series. I didnt even buy GT5 after I heard about the "standards", I got GT5 as a christmas present. Its the only GT game I did not purchase. I even own the JPN and EUR versions including the Prologues. When I heard we could not change the wheels, no interior view, and could not bring the standards to photo travel, I knew I wasnt buying the game. Just insulting to the fans of the series. I do appreciate that 2 years later there have been improvements to standards but still, the standards are nowhere near premiums.

If you want my money KAZ, there better not be a single "standard" car in GT6. :ouch: Hopefully Kaz is finally listening to the community. He clearly wasnt with GT5.

Last edited:
This.

And no B-spec please.... Only A-spec!

B-Spec needs to mix GT5 and GT4 functionality. It's good for helping on endurance races, etc.

Plus, IMHO, to add relevance to B-spec, a full "team management" mode is required to make things interesting, team expenses, car breakdowns, upgrades development... then you have a whole new game mode...

B-Spec needs to mix GT5 and GT4 functionality. It's good for helping on endurance races, etc.
No, in my opinion having Bob there to help you ruins the experience of a driving simulator like the GT series...

So no, leave B-spec at GT5....

If GT6 ends up being on the PS3, I guess it would be near impossible to convert 800 something cars to get the premium treatment.

I think PD knows the problem and they likely have streamlined modelling practices. (more laser scanning of cars and less hand drawing)

No, in my opinion having Bob there to help you ruins the experience of a driving simulator like the GT series...

So no, leave B-spec at GT5....

I think that it's not relevant for you, but for some people its impossible to complete a 24h race alone, then B-spec is helpful.

But, it's offtopic now... I may create a thread about it.

This.

And no B-spec please.... Only A-spec!

Can't agree with that I'm glad for B-spec I don't want to race 24 hour endurance races in A-spec.

Just take it back to the way it was in GT4 though an option for B-spec not it's own Separate

Will see standard car models in the next rendition of Gran Turimso? If so, what cars do we currently have that won't make the cut?
Wait until I read Kaz's mind and I will tell you. Cant soome of you guys just get over it for gods sake. The standard cars werent that bad

Yeah, screw B-Spec , I never played that !!
Just because YOU didnt play it doesnt mean it needs to be deleted. I have put way more time into B spec mode than anything else. In fact my B spec driver hit level 40 a few months ago. I found it enjoyable and I know many others do too.

However if they really need to remove a feature to get all the cars to premium, then removing this wont bother me that much.

Wait until I read Kaz's mind and I will tell you. Cant soome of you guys just get over it for gods sake. The standard cars werent that bad

In what world was that a complaint? I'm simply asking if you expect Standards in GT6. You Mad?

I agree 100%. The word "standards" should have never been created and should be erased from everyones vocabulary after GT5. If they have standards again in GT6 I promise I wont even rent GT6. I will officially give up on the series. I didnt even buy GT5 after I heard about the "standards", I got GT5 as a christmas present. Its the only GT game I did not purchase. I even own the JPN and EUR versions including the Prologues. When I heard we could not change the wheels, no interior view, and could not bring the standards to photo travel, I knew I wasnt buying the game. Just insulting to the fans of the series. I do appreciate that 2 years later there have been improvements to standards but still, the standards are nowhere near premiums.

If you want my money KAZ, there better not be a single "standard" car in GT6. :ouch: Hopefully Kaz is finally listening to the community. He clearly wasnt with GT5.

I will leave too. Im not the one who wants perfect graphics and rest of the game not interest me, but you just cannot have two levels of detail on the cars in one game. It was just quick help to fill car list in GT5.

Just because YOU didnt play it doesnt mean it needs to be deleted. I have put way more time into B spec mode than anything else. In fact my B spec driver hit level 40 a few months ago. I found it enjoyable and I know many others do too.

However if they really need to remove a feature to get all the cars to premium, then removing this wont bother me that much.

keep an eye on that mate

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=260351

Back