Standard cars in GT6?

True. It didn't make sense(at the time until we fully understood why) to change graphics from GT5P to the final GT5 but, hey, they gave it to us. I'm happy with my virtual playground. I'm interested to see what happens if the car count nears 2000.

MrA
IF there is going to be standard cars, make the unpopular premium cars (such as the premium Yaris) standard and make the popular standard cars premium. Can't be hard to comprehend that.

No I still don't comprehend. Why would you remove a premium model and replace it with a standard one?

If you have three options:

Premium Yaris, Premium AE86
Premium Yaris, Standard AE86
Standard Yaris, Premium AE86

Why would the latter, as you seem to be suggesting, be the best option when the premium Yaris already exists? What is the rationale for that?

No I still don't comprehend. Why would you remove a premium model and replace it with a standard one?

If you have three options:

Premium Yaris, Premium AE86
Premium Yaris, Standard AE86
Standard Yaris, Premium AE86

Why would the latter, as you seem to be suggesting, be the best option when the premium Yaris already exists? What is the rationale for that?

Exactly what I was asking initially. It just defies common sense to throw away any premium car for any reason, unless there's somehow not enough space on the disk, which incredibly unlikely. I honestly don't like the Volkswagen WWII vehicles and wished PD used that time and those resources for (IMO) better cars like the Mark IV Supra but they already put a lot of work into modeling them, so there's no reason to leave them out of GT6.

Exactly. The premiums are done. I'm also of the opinion those VW vehicles were a waste of modelling time but they're done now, those hours can't be recouped by removing them and certainly not be turning them into a standard model.

GT5 is around 14GB in total size, i'd guess there is therefore enough room on a double layer Blu-Ray disc (50GB) to hold over 1000 premium cars. Space is not an issue.

So, when the cars from GT5 go into GT6, are they remodelled, directly ported and/or touched up?

Meaning, like the cars that are locked away(premium Nissan prototype ), it's in GT5 fully rendered but we have the standard model.

Oh, to answer your question, SimonK & MuoNiuLa: PD spent time rendering the stealth prototype cars in GT4 but left them out but constructed the stealth 787B. My rationale for those choices above was basically we don't know what PD are going to do. We think it SHOULD be one way and we get another way. Logically, I don't and will not expect them do do anything like what I'm talking about.

Last edited:
The premium cars can be directly ported, they are already beyond PS3 in game quality.

Sorry, man I was still editing.

Yes, Kaz said this. So we expect all cars from here on to have pretty much the same quality. Indisputable.

I wouldn't classify PR as irrefutable proof. It's merely an indication of the developers perceived understanding of the desires of their target market. After the fact is the appropriate time to judge whether the statement is accurate.

I wouldn't classify PR as irrefutable proof. It's merely an indication of the developers perceived understanding of the desires of their target market. After the fact is the appropriate time to judge whether the statement is accurate.

Awww, but that means waiting...

Back