TOCA6 - Spurgy, Team RPM, Volvo, and Chris Champions!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 3,469 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Furinkazen_54
GTP TOCA Official Website

Official Season Preview!!!
Are you locked in the field? Check here!!!

WIPcopy.gif

~GTP's #1 TOURING CAR CHAMPIONSHIP~

Welcome to TOCA SEASON 6!!!
Season 1 ~ Season 2 ~ Season 3 ~ Season 4.1 ~ Season 4.2 ~ Season 5

Previous Winners
Season 1 - Driftking18594 (Overall)
Season 2 - Driftking18594 (Overall)
Season 3 - Sumo098 (Overall, Independents), Team MRT (Teams)
Season 4 - GTP_DaxCobra (Overall), GTP_PaulMac (Independents), VenoMMotorsports (Teams)
Season 5 - Spurgy777 (Overall), JoeOfTheFire (Independents), DeathByCarbon Racing (Teams), Volvo (Makes)

Last edited:
BNLobbyRulescopy.gif

~Races are held Saturdays nights, with room open from 7pm UK time through to 9.30pm.~

~To compete make sure you have "Furinkazen" on your friends list - it is an open lobby and drivers who I do not know will be asked to leave and kicked if necessary!~

~Grip Reduction is set to Real~

~Damage is Light~

~Mics are OFF to reduce lag~

~All driving aids except ABS at 1 are disallowed.~

~Draft is Weak~

BNQualifyingRoutinecopy.gif

~TOCA Season 6 will use a pre-qualifying system in order to make sure the best drivers on the grid are present at each round.~

~The Top 12 in the championship points are “locked in” and guaranteed a place in the lobby.~

~The rest of the entries have to be in the lobby when it opens at 7pm for a short pre-qualifying race, the top 4 in that will earn a point and make it into the main three races.~

~If anyone drops out of the room and / or quits, the next driver in line from the pre-qualifying race may be offered a chance to join.~

BNRaceRuleIncidentcopy.gif

~Timetable will be as follows: 7pm, Race Room Opens. 7.15pm Pre-Qualifying Race. 7:30pm Qualifying for 15 minutes. 7.45pm Race 1. 5 min break between races for Race 2. 5 min break between races for Race 3.~

~Race’s will be run from a standing start.~

~Race 2 and 3 are Reverse Grid events.~

~Set-up changes between races are allowed.~

~Penalties are off.~

~Fuel Use and Tyre Wear is on.~

~This is touring car’s so bumping, rubbing and small taps are par for the course. But excessive and deliberate moves across half the track to take someone out are disallowed. Remember – be hard but fair. TOCA Season 5 Stewards will review incidents post race and take appropriate action.~

~BTCC points system of We will use the BTCC Points System: 1st – 20 points; 2nd – 17; 3rd – 15; 4th – 13; 5th – 11; 6th – 10; 7th – 9; 8th – 8; 9th – 7; 10th – 6; 11th – 5; 12th – 4; 13th – 3; 14th – 2; 15th – 1. Pts will count for all 24 TOCA SEASON 6 Races~

~Foul language in the lobby and / or other negative conduct will result in points deductions and bans.~

~You are NOT allowed to swap cars during the course of the season. Prior to the Season Start please make sure you have decided your car / team, and passed the information on to me.~

~Rage-quitters who earn cheap poles subsequently will be penalised. If you wish to stop, pull over off the road at a safe place out the way.~

~Mid race chat is largely prohibited. Writing down "sorry" is considered fine, but ranting and writing "why did you not wait for me to enter?" or "****ing stupid backmarker!!!" is prohibited.~

Last edited:
BNCarscopy.gif

~All cars are pegged back to 305hp via the power limiter,

BNBMWcopy.gif

~BMW supported TOCA's early years with the 320i Touring car, a move into the NGTC era in Season 3 with the 135i meant they dominated the season. Now they return with a re-worked 135i, the 1-Series tii Concept, can it continue it's predecessors legacy?~

~BODY / CHASSIS: Window Weight Reduction, Weight Stage 1
~ENGINE: Engine Stage 1/2/3
~EXHAUST: Racing Exhaust
~TURBO KITS: High RPM Turbo
~TRANSMISSION: Fully Customisable Transmission
~DRIVETRAIN: Twin Plate Clutch, Sem-Racing Flywheel, Adjustable LSD
~SUSPENSION: Fully Customisable Suspension
~TYRES: Racing Hard tyres
~AERO: ~none~

BNHondaCRZcopy.gif

~Honda are another make to have always supported TOCA. The Integra Type R Touring Car was a quick tyre-eating monster, whilst the Civic was blindingly quick but had many reliability issues. A move to the CRZ means a lighter, smaller, and probably quicker package, with the hybrid-battery inside powering the car.~

~BODY / CHASSIS: Carbon Bonnet, Window Weight Reduction.
~ENGINE: ~Engine Stage 1/2/3~ Sports ECU, Racing Air Filter, Sports Intake Manifold.
~EXHAUST: Racing Exhaust, Sports Exhaust Manifold, Catalytic Converter
~TURBO KITS: ~High RPM~
~AERO: Front A

BNInfiniticopy.gif

~Back again, Infiniti's debut in Season 3 was dogged by a lack of testing. A more stable car emerged for Season 4 and took a win at Monza. Whilst the car is not fastest, the normally-aspirated engine is very easy to control and its this deftness that helps the car in trickier conditions. Certainly a dark horse.~

BODY / CHASSIS: Carbon Bonnet, Window Weight Reduction, Weight Reduction Stage 1/2/3
~ENGINE: ~Sports ECU, Engine Stage 1
~TURBO KITS: ~none~
~ AERO: Front A

BNMAZDAcopy.gif

~Mazda have a formidable TOCA legacy. Race winners in Season 1, the TOCA-spec Atenza Touring Car was dominant in Season 2. The NGTC version had a slow start in Season 3, but won the drivers title with Dax in Season 4, and Season 5 saw Death By Carbon racing win the Teams title and Joe win the Independents in the Mazda... will Mazda's form continue this season?~

~BODY / CHASSIS: Carbon Bonnet, Window Weight Reduction, Weight Reduction Stage 1 and 2
~ AERO: Front A

BNVOLVOcopy.gif

~Volvo came into the the NGTC era with the C30 R-Design, and won the teams title with Team MRT (now RPM). Season 4 proved how difficult this torque-filled monster can be to drive with a very poor season, but new parts and support from Volvo led to a drivers title for Spurgy, with seven drivers taking wins in the car, and the inaugural makes title.. can it happen again?~

~BODY / CHASSIS: Carbon Bonnet, Window Weight Reduction, Weight Reduction Stage 1 and 2 and 3.
~ AERO: Front A or Front B, Rear Aero A

Last edited:
BNRacescopy.gif

TOCA Season 6 is back to 24 races, over 8 weeks.

3 November
R1/2/3 - Motegi East / 13 Laps (Quali 7 laps)

Official Test Results
~TOCA's first visit to Motegi on the technical Eastern Layout, a race that promises much excitement as the season-opener.~

10 November
R4/5/6 - Suzuka / 8 Laps (Quali 4 laps)

~TOCA moves from the short layout of Suzuka to the full track in what could be a wet and tricky affair as the series concludes it's Japanese leg.~

17 November
R7/8 - Nurburgring 24H / 2 & 4 Laps (Quali 1 lap)

~TOCA returns to the Green Hell, a track either hated or loved by drivers. Going into the night, with changeable weather and a 4 lap endurance with a mandatory pit stop that requires absolute concentration.~

24 November
R9/10/11 - Monza / 9 Laps (Quali 4 laps)

~TOCA fires themselves full speed around the historic italian speed-drome just before the mid-season break.~

1 December
R12/13/14 - Spa / 7 Laps (Quali 3 laps)

~TOCA returns to action in the Ardennes for a perilous high speed run through Spa.~

8 December
R15/16/17 - Laguna Seca / 13 Laps (Quali 6 laps)

~TOCA heads state-side for the first in a double bill of US races, starting in California with the historic Laguna Seca.~

15 December
R18/19/20 - Indianapolis Road Course / 12 Laps TBC (Quali 6 laps TBC)

~TOCA returns to Indianapolis after a two-season absence for three races that could prove key in the championship battle.~

22 December
R21/22/23/24 - Nurburgring GP/D / 13 Laps (Quali 6 laps TBC)

~Time to turn back the clock with 4 races in one evening at the Nurburgring, which always has red hot tempers, action, and battles as the Season concludes.~

Last edited:
STANDINGS AFTER ROUND 7

INDY500OVR_zps1a88a7e8.png

Spurgy is champion, but Chris and me have had our fight for third rudely gatecrashed by Smuffy. Sumo, Atin, Conbon, Neljack and perhaps Haitch had better bring baseball bats on saturday as its going to get tough with only a few points between them.

*Aware of typo with Neljack by the way, he is locked in.

INDY500INDY_zps2739cc43.png

Place your bets. Chris has a lead, Smuffy has the winning form and DK has inconsistency worse than his internet connection.

INDY500TEAMS_zps08f00914.png

RPM winners, Pepsi second. But the other blue Volvo's (typo in IRT's car I know) might grab the limelight if they can deny Venom 3rd place.

INDY500MAKES_zps9a846299.png

Can Volvo get over 1000 points to sign off in style? Possibly.

Last edited:
Team RPM are working on a deal for their second car.

Couple tweaks in drivetrain regs, and better tables coming in later for the "locked in" bit :)

Yeah, I dunno if I'll bother racing these this season.

I can tell you now I will miss the 24H as I will be in Germany. I will be closer to the real thing than the ps3.:lol:

It is my best track as well. :grumpy:

Edit wait a sec your dates are messed up.

Nurb 24h. 10th november.

Following that Monza. 17th October. That would make it round 1. I assume you should have put november?

Last edited:
Blimey that was quick :)

:lol: Look at post dates, i've been working on them for some time :lol:

So Dax is back, Spurgy back, and possibly DK and Sumo... thats all the TOCA champions in one field if it happens :scared:

@Haitch, fixed.

Last edited:
Im open to team offers as after recent races I believe I can make more Saturdays after a less than acceptable attendence at the start. But I still cant say 100% ill be able to make every race round.

So, er, yeah. Come get me boys :sly:

/flirt

Im open to team offers as after recent races I believe I can make more Saturdays after a less than acceptable attendence at the start. But I still cant say 100% ill be able to make every race round.

So, er, yeah. Come get me boys :sly:

/flirt

think of a number in your head between 1 and 10. now follow these instructions.
+3 to that number.
Now - 2.
Now subtract the number you originally started with.
Times your new number by 2.
and finally subtract 2. That is the number of teams that want you.

+3 to that number.
Now - 2.

I will KILL you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No problem, bro.

Banana Banter Bus Racing

All aboard the banter bus.

Sam and I were actually considering starting a 'Banter Thread' for the bants last night but we didn't think the mods would be too pleased with it.

All aboard the banter bus.

Sam and I were actually considering starting a 'Banter Thread' for the bants last night but we didn't think the mods would be too pleased with it.

Who needs a banter thread when we have a TOCA Thread? :lol:

I've been sitting idle around here for too long. Time to take on a new series.

Uh oh. So many quick drivers... gonna be Muller, Thompson, Plato, Neal, and Giovanardi all in one..

+3 to that number.
Now - 2.

I am sorry but your calculations are a bit off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back