Striped Aventador: **Disproven**

• Thread starter Davis
  • 185 comments
United States
Salt Lake City
Ferraridude308
FALSE; SHADOWS; DISREGARD

I am really sad now :grumpy: I really was hoping it was real.

I originally just asked this in the Q&A section, just thinking I missed something being released. I never imagined this would happen, and I'm sorry it misled so many people. I never knew I'd get into the news with it either.

Here it is: Shadows on Route X. Looks like PD improved shadows a lot though!

http://img152.imageshack.us/i/lamboproof.png/

I loaded up the GT Photo Stream, and this picture showed up:
d8WzP.jpg

My question is, when was this car released? I remember the Chromelines, and the other cars from special promotions, but never a striped Aventador. I did a google search for this car in GT5 but nothing came up pertaining to it.

This is all of the proof I have, the car is off of the Photostream now,

CmBfL.png

WwcOj.jpg

Last edited:
Nice find there, are you sure it is not edited?, because it looks like it was, or maybe it was a promotion in Asia or Europe, just like Camaro SS EDGE Special, it was a promotion only available for the U.S
But we could have seen a lot of them already don't you think so?

No this doesn't make sense. Photos found in the Photostream feature are directly from the game, which means you can't edit them. You can't export a photo, edit it, and put it back in the game can you?

Nice find there, are you sure it is not edited?, because it looks like, or maybe it was a promotion in Asia or Europe, just like Camaro SS EDGE Special, it was a promotion only available for the U.S

I got it straight from the US photo stream website, I just put it on imgur so I could find it later. Here is a screenshot for proof:
1BW3l.jpg

(Sorry about it being huge, I captured the entire webpage)
A promotion seems the most probable to me, I just don't know why I can't find any promotional release about it. I just checked on the GT website, and there's nothing there, at least at the time of posting this.

You'll need to break the sound barrier to get those stripes. :P

What if it's from a PD employee? :crazy:

And fyi, the content shown in the Photo Stream is the same for everybody of any region.

Could there be a possibility that they are only shadows?
If not, I'd say it's a glitch.

Agreed 👍

If PD release special edition there would be some info 100% sure and Those stripes isn't 100% middle of car on pic.
I think those are only shadows.

There are any number of things that could create a shadow like that if you placed the car in the right place on the right track.

What is on GT5 that could cause those shadows?
If they were shadows, why is there nothing on the floor or the windscreen?
No, not buying those are shadows unless somebody recreates it using GT5.

Chances are very small, but it could be the car stopped at a certain place where the shadows 'end', thus the shadows appear on the car, but not on the road.

Chances are very small, but it could be the car stopped at a certain place where the shadows 'end', thus the shadows appear on the car, but not on the road.

Where and what caused the shadows that are just the length of the bonnet, not on the windscreen and not on the road? I say there is nothing in GT5 that could do that. Happy to be proved wrong, if somebody can show me what can cause those on GT5.
:)

Also don't know if you guys know this yet. But you all remember jail broken PS3s right? Well recently there was a rumored "hack" upon Sony's PS3 to allow the jail broken PS3s to get online again. This "hack" has been out for months. And if know what the capabilities of jail breaking are this could be the reason for that picture. Possible

Also don't know if you guys know this yet. But you all remember jail broken PS3s right? Well recently there was a rumored "hack" upon Sony's PS3 to allow the jail broken PS3s to get online again. This "hack" has been out for months. And if know what the capabilities of jail breaking are this could be the reason for that picture. Possible
Too many assumptions in this theory.

Let me dissolve that theory right away. Jail broken PS3's cannot access the internet. I know a few very smart people that partake in that activity and trust me, it can't be done....yet.

As for the pic, not really sure how that happened. I'm not familiar with that part of the game and if you can't photoshop pics or bring them in from other sources, I'm not sure how it happened. I disagree with the whole shadow thing tho. A little too perfect to be shadows.

EDIT: After thinking about it, here is what I think maybe it could be.
1. The car is painted chrome or some other reflective color and maybe a car with stripes was parked in front of it, causing the car to reflect the other cars stripes. Or...
2. Maybe that car originally had stripes in programming and PD decided to take them off but if you paint the car a certain color, they re-appear...programming glitch. Funny that its a b&w photo, like the owner of the photo is trying to hide or mask something.

Ok, enough of the conspiricy theorys, lol. Thats all I can come up with.

Last edited:
Not exactly sure why the Aventador would have stripes in the game since Lamborghini doesn't throw stripes on their cars.

I don't know about being able to export/import photos as I never mess with photomode.

Looking at the stream today I see an R8 with stripes as well. Looks to be a Stealth model though.

iXdD4O8wBO9eFIlCtP_0.jpg

This (the striped Aventador) is a very interesting find though. There always seems to be pictures popping up in the stream that make you go "How?" Or "What is this?".

Looking at the stream today I see an R8 with stripes as well. Looks to be a Stealth model though.

This (the striped Aventador) is a very interesting find though. There always seems to be pictures popping up in the stream that make you go "How?" Or "What is this?".

That's only normal chromeline 👍

Now got to try paint Lambo with chrome and try something :sly:

Edit: Anyone tryed paint that car after latest update, maybe there is stripes to chose :lol:

Back