what are these logos?

PROGRESS INTERNATIONAL
7564189_orig.png

2212589_orig.png

Weaver

Barret

pictures soon

Last edited:
Remember the early night concept videos with the SLS in SSR5? Quick sharp eyes noticed the road signs read something like "Tentative"?

I think this is some similar. Where try were testing how the sponsor signs would look like once on track. This is just a theory thought, I might be wrong.

I've seen weaver & barrett. i thought they were real, but i don't know. i'll search for them. the only problem is, if they do exist, they might not be on the internet anymore, or changed their logo, as the game was made in 97. they are very common names too, compared to calsonic or raybrig. i also tried finding the nomad sponsor once and failed (diablo from gt3&gt5).

the first result for weaver and barrett were both gun sites! the logos didn't match however.

there is only a limited amount of sponsors on list of copywrites on the back cover (aus version, i checked an american manual on the internet & its the same). if there was one for the sponsors then we could just find the sponsors there.

Last edited:
I have also wondered the same thing thanks for bringing it up. I just decided to give is a search after viewing this topic and it appears they are a Tuning company specializing in Anti-Roll bars, Suspension tune ups among other things here is a link to their website...

http://www.progressauto.com/

I have also wondered the same thing thanks for bringing it up. I just decided to give is a search after viewing this topic and it appears they are a Tuning company specializing in Anti-Roll bars, Suspension tune ups among other things here is a link to their website...

http://www.progressauto.com/
I'm pretty certain that's a coincidence, to be honest. After all it's not as if Progress is a rare name to be used, in the business world. I'm very confident that it is a fictional sponsor thought up by Polyphony that they could use to decorate the track more. Same thing goes for Weaver & Barret. I've looked for them on the copyrights section and they're not present. If they were in fact real, legally they would have to be listed there! :)

Sometimes licensing issues can be hard to discern if real or not. So you are saying that Weaver and Barrett are not in the licensing credits in GT1 too? I wonder where PD pulled these names from anyway. I am not complaining or anything honestly I find it to be pretty creative on their part.

Well the that confirms it. It is not the progress auto I was thinking it was. By the way great find there Commodore!!👍 I have however also noticed that it appears next to Mazda logos. I wounder if it could be something like "Mazda Progress" or some such thing. I am only saying this considering they are the only ones with Rotary engines and their last generation Eunos Cosmos were some of the most advanced cars of the time.

I did see that but i disregarded it as i didn't think it fitted

here's the oldest version of the website i could get:http://web.archive.org/web/20050713000800/http://www.usedtruck.co.jp/index.php

the logo looks similar to PI from the game.

EDIT: Updated first post, locations of PI here instead:
2537806_orig.png

Mazda: Hairpin 1
7564189_orig.png

The New Dodge: Last straight
7921608_orig.png

NISSAN: Hairpin 2
1481428.png

Castrol: Home straight

also, PI CO,LTD has GOT to be it.

Last edited:
Since you failed to find any matching evidence HDT, we can assume that those sponsors are fictional.

There are eight "fictional" sponsors in this game, five or six of them carried over to GT2: Weaver, Barrett, Progress International, Bolland Sportswear Inc, Silverline, TECS, and Shelia.

💡

Since you failed to find any matching evidence HDT, we can assume that those sponsors are fictional.

There are eight "fictional" sponsors in this game, five or six of them carried over to GT2: Weaver, Barrett, Progress International, Bolland Sportswear Inc, Silverline, TECS, and Shelia.

💡
I think that sponsors is all fictional and his names was inspired by real brand. Name Barrett is too similar of Garrett, turbo manufacturer popular here in Brazil (but are not Brazilian), Silverline can be inspired by Quicksilver and Shelia by Shell. Sorry for my (eventual) bad english.

Back