Sheboygan, WI
Zach_Attack_2011
Z4chAtt4ck2011
Entry Requirements:
PP: 500PP or less
Tire: comfort soft or less
Categories: normal car
Weight: 1200Kg or less

Grand Valley East Section /5 Laps 1st: Cr.206,500 2nd: Cr.113,575 3rd: Cr.82,600 500PP

Trial Mountain Circuit Reverse /5 Laps 1st: Cr.229,000 2nd: Cr.125,950 3rd: Cr.91,600 500PP

Fuji Speedway F /5 Laps 1st: Cr.242,200 2nd: Cr.133,210 3rd: Cr.96,880 500PP

Côte d’Azur /5 Laps 1st: Cr.277,900 2nd: Cr.152,845 3rd: Cr.111,160 500PP

Toscana (Tarmac) 109A /5 Laps 1st: Cr.283,400 2nd: Cr.155,870 3rd: Cr.113,360

Prize car: Speed 8 Race Car '03.

Last edited:
OTOMH won't the weight restriction disallow the Lotus Esprits?

Or maybe it's the only way to keep the McLaren boys from dominating. I'll have to wake up before I can think it through :(

can always try an elise...they seem to do nice. (if you add weight to the front to make it stop shaking its ass in every corner)

but again ***holy rabbit batman!!!!***

Last edited:
can always try an elise...they seem to do nice.

It just seems a bit odd. I think most of the TVRs will come in under weight but the Esprits are up in the 1300Kg + range.

Of course I could just be completely off my trolley :)

I guess I'll have to fire up my PS3 to find out but that'll have to wait until later :(

Theres a bad glare at Toscana again:irked:
Only seems to happen in these seasonal races here.
Nothing works to fix it either.

Screen shot
IMAG03412.jpg

GT5 pic
ToscanaTarmac.jpg

Anyone else have this problem?

I'll see when I get to it to confirm ^^^

Tried my first race at Trial Mountain Reverse in a 485pp AC 427 with no aids and no ABS. Definitely a slippery challenge, only won it on the last corner. You have to be both very delicate and very brave.

Replays are uploadable.

@Endless-Wilso

Your problem with glare is probably due to your exposure being set to a (-)value. I like to use +0.2 to 0.4 at Toscana. Try that for a quick fix.

Won Toscana (didn't notice glare) easily with lap times of about 1:38. 3rd on Grand Valley (-10s), 5th on Trial Mountain (+25s, messed up quite a bit), tried Cote but retired due to the car handling like a brick in the tight corners.

That AC 427 is a right handful. Only won Grand Valley East by 0.037 at 495pp! No ABS is a nightmare on the first corner, the car wants to brake sideways at all times, and wheelspins through 3rd gear even at 350hp.

I recall someone complaining about the glare at Toscana before, the Lambo races I think, anyway someone offered a suggestion which seemed to work, as far as I can remember.

Hey guys this will be my first post, i tried this with a Esprit Sport 350 '00, but couldnt even win the Toscana, the car is impossible to stear even trought i made it to 500 pp straight, and used a tuning guide for the car. Any better choices for me to win this? - I've bought the game three weeks ago, so im not skilled at all yet, just casual.

Middelhede
Hey guys this will be my first post, i tried this with a Esprit Sport 350 '00, but couldnt even win the Toscana, the car is impossible to stear even trought i made it to 500 pp straight, and used a tuning guide for the car. Any better choices for me to win this? - I've bought the game three weeks ago, so im not skilled at all yet, just casual.

Hi first off welcome to gtplanet, my advice would be practice practice practice, perhaps try taking the same car to the same tracks but at a time trial in practice mode and see if you can learn the track better to get your lap times down without the other cars getting in the way.

Grand Valley was pretty tough, had to try 6 times before golding it with Lotus Evora ´09 (abs 1, no other aids). Trial mountain was also a bit of a challenge (remember not to cheat in that first corner guys!). Other tracks are easily golded with standard driving. PD has raised difficulty level in these Seasonals lately, which is very nice.

I recall someone complaining about the glare at Toscana before, the Lambo races I think, anyway someone offered a suggestion which seemed to work, as far as I can remember.

Yep that we me also :lol:

The sun hates me there :sly:

Might be worthwhile to go back to that race and see what advice was given then.
The exposure settings which Rit suggested may do it.
Good luck with it, I'm still battling 2nd spot at Grand Valley with an Elise 11R 04.

Did anybody manage to win the Fuji race? I can only get third, ~10 secs behind, 2:01 lap average.

Welcome to the planet! Send a FR to PSN:Racin-Rev and I will send you a car of your choice and some other stuff. As to your question, practice is the key and you might want to try a Front-Rear car with tuning help instead of a MR. For me the front-rear cars are easier to learn to control than the MR cars.

For those talking about the Esperit weight problem, you can get them in under the weight limit with level 3 weight reduc. I am working on a video for the event for anyone who is stuck, will post it up here this evening.

Esprit V8 '02 (available in OCD as well) with stage 3 weight reduction and engine detuned to 500PP wins all these races easily. Make sure to shorten gear ratios for Monaco.

Just completed an got my shiny new Bentley in the lotus R04 Be interested if anybody would like to try my tune I can put it online to share

For some reason I thought the 1998 mini cooper might be a shock winner here but sadly it's not to be for at least two reasons...

1. I don't think it can be tweeked to make it competitive.

2. For some reason it is classed as German... call me old fashioned but I thought it was only the 'new' minis from 2001 onwards that are German. Poor old British Motor Corporation, British Leyland and the Rover Group.

Oh well back to the Lotus and TVR.

I have a build for the Premium Lotus Esprit in my garage (see my sig below). I've not had chance to try it with CS tyres, nor has it had any weight stripped out yet. You're welcome to try it, let me know how you get on if you do 👍

{Cy}

PS - Welcome to GTPlanet...

I'm struggling with this one. I've won Fuji and Toscana with a Cerbera and T350, but can't get close in the others.

Finding it hard to pick a car I like.

Esprit V8 '02 (available in OCD as well) with stage 3 weight reduction and engine detuned to 500PP wins all these races easily. Make sure to shorten gear ratios for Monaco.

i also added ballast to the front to improve handeling for those having problems with this configuration. got a decent 45/55 weight distribution. btw happy thanks giving to all us yanks!

British Lightweights, on Thanks Giving? One thing we're thankful for not being (British), and one thing none of us will be at the end of the day (lightweight) :lol:

Anyway, I will be trying the MGs first, and then the Mini Micros :dopey:. Have a great Thanks Giving (to us from the states) and to the rest of you, have a fantastic day! :dooey:

Back