500PP British LightWeights

> Made a video, hopefully can help anyone who is having trouble with this.

Excellent work. TY. 👍 As you might expect: am expecting a similar report every seasonal event from now onwards :lol:

This sounds like a reasonably challenging seasonal. Only four hours until I get to attack it... Is the Caterham Fireblade elligible for this event? If so has anyone tried it yet?

This sounds like a reasonably challenging seasonal. Only four hours until I get to attack it... Is the Caterham Fireblade elligible for this event? If so has anyone tried it yet?

I'm guessing no, under the premise that it doesn't fit the category "normal car".

oink83
Made a video, hopefully can help anyone who is having trouble with this.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWl5lqwV0vo">YouTube Link</a>

This tune is amazing! I was struggling until I used this. Won in Monaco by 10 seconds!

Thanks

r5d3
I'm guessing no, under the premise that it doesn't fit the category "normal car".

Thanks r5d3. I guess its the same regulations as British Lightweights in A-spec (except CS tyres)... Has anyone tried Vauxhall VX220 or VX220 Turbo?

At Trial Mt' dropped PP to 430, 170hp, 56.1% power and won..... $1,248,050..exp 137885.

Try 425PP next.

Last edited:
Won at 425 PP..$1,316,750..exp 145,475...Nearly at Level 40. ...163hp...53.8% power.

Hello everyone, my first post!

I have played GT before and bought GT5 which I have had for a few months and have completed most of the game. My current driving level is 37.

Some things I really don't get is how the cars start half a lap in front, surely in a race everyone is on the grid at the start in order of merit? To me this is completely unrealistic.

And on the endurances, how come there is no option to save race? Surely they don't imagine people are going to play or leave their machines on for 24 hours solid!

So I was pleased to see a new challenge when I logged on today. I have been trying this out. My experience in races is I always win if I get the same car that always wins. But in this 500PP British Lightweights I can't get near the first car!

I read the comments and someone had said to get the Esprit V8 '02 and use stage 3 WR and detune the engine. I had previously tried the Tamora and this Esprit is great and I did not need to detune either.

I have tried each of the races just once so performances could improve but as you will see from the timings, it is unlikely in this Esprit.

GRAND VALLEY
3rd -8.510

TRIAL MOUNTAIN CIRCUIT REVERSE
3rd -8.218

FUJI SPEEDWAY F
5th -13.202

COTE D'AZUR
2nd -15.409

TOSCANA TARMAC
1st +3.050

Wow, the car flew in that last race but I drive very good on that track always.
So the car that is first always is the Elise Sports 190 '98. I tried using one of these and I am about 20 seconds behind it! But to me it does not add up that on Cote D'Azur I can be second and it can be 15 seconds ahead of my car.

Anyway I thought it was a good idea to join a forum and learn more from others which I hope I will. If anyone has advice for me, please write!

Thanks, GRAHAM.

Made a video, hopefully can help anyone who is having trouble with this.

:cheers:

This is just great, it will help me a lot because I can watch and learn on my tablet while using the console at the same time.

Also, where could I find that Premium 11 car you are using? I'd like to try that as I figure how to get gold in all of these races.

Last edited:
Fugu75
Don´t take this personally Kaiser, but you are a big fat liar.

Really?! I didn't notice you sitting next to me watching me fail. I'll enjoy the Speed 8 anyway :)

Yes the Caterham is eligible. I tried it but didn't have much success with it.

Hey guys I'm really new here but love the game.. Been a fan a long time now. Thanks for the advice and tunes here. My Id is basswerks1 btw. I'm confused as to which car is best for a novice driver like me.!

Also I need some in game friends so add away I'll accept all :)

Just won FUJI SPEEDWAY F on my second attempt in the ESPRIT V8 '02 having changed the gear ratios and followed the demo kindly provided by Oink.

First attempt finished 5th at -13.020 now 1st by +3.780! :)

Well, this tune has been used for alot so far (two shootouts, and a alot of fun) so here it is. Gearing is for the Nurb, so agjust Final gear for Fuji, but that should be it.

Auto Racing Special Edition V2
Basedon the Lotus Elise 111R '04

nrburgringnordschleifei.jpg

Found in the New Car Dealership

274bhp
500pp
weight 879 Kg

parts

Auto
Oil Change
Paint - Cobalt Blue Metallic(a)
Rear Aero
weight Reduction
None
Engine
Stock
Intake
Stock
Exhaust
Racing
Manifold
Catalytic
Turbo
High RPM
Gears
Custom
Drivetrain
Twin Plate
Semi-Racing
Driveshaft
LSD
Suspention
Custom
Tires
Comfort Soft (C3)

ABS = 1
everything else off

Tune

Downforce - 20
Weight Adjustment: 19 @ -50
LSD- 16/21/7

GearingIn this order please
Reset to Default
Top Speed - 130
1st - 3.590
2nd - 2.725
3rd - 2.115
4th - 1.700
5th - 1.415
6th - 1.175
Final - 3.400
Adjust for speed using final gear

Ride Hight - Front: -20 Rear: -8
Spring Rate- Front: 5.2 Rear: 8.0
Extention- Front: 5 Rear: 5
Compression- Front: 3 Rear: 2
Anti-roll Bars- Front: 5 Rear: 5
Camber- Front: 1.7 Rear: 2.5
Toe Angle- Front: -0.12 Rear: 0.10
Brakes- Front: 7 Rear: 5

Last edited:
Hello everyone, my first post!

And on the endurances, how come there is no option to save race? Surely they don't imagine people are going to play or leave their machines on for 24 hours solid!

You can save your game in endurances by going to the pit. The next time you start up GT5 it will resume the race from there. You can't do other races until you finish the endurance though. :)

And for this challenge Praiano posted a very nice tune that will win the races easily:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7832343#post7832343

I hope this will help you along. :)

You can save your game in endurances by going to the pit. The next time you start up GT5 it will resume the race from there. You can't do other races until you finish the endurance though. :)

And for this challenge Praiano posted a very nice tune that will win the races easily:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7832343#post7832343

I hope this will help you along. :)

I thought that there must be a way around this, thank you very much! :)

Just tried Grand Valley and Trial Mountain last night, first with a Cerbera and then a T350. Best place finish was second in both with the T350, but what a hoot to drive. Getting it sideways coming through the second tunnel in Trial Mountain and squrmy climbing the hill to the start-finish line, awesome.
Have a feeling the Lotuses will be more clinical, but less fun. Will try with a 111R and an Evora tonight. Anyone won with a souped up Spitfire yet?

Just won all races with a premium Elise 111R '04
Weight Reduction -3
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
All Aero Parts, downforce 5
Ballast 200kg pos. 0

Sports ECU
Engine Tuning +3
All intake & Exhaust parts
High RPM Turbo
=309bhp

Gear Ratios

1st 3.490
2nd 2.424
3rd 1.802
4th 1.403
5th 1.142
6th 0.973

Final 4.529
Max Speed 162

LSD 10/40/20

-25 -25
7.0 6.0
6. 6
6. 6
5. 5

Camber 2.0 2.0
Toe. 0.00. 0.20

Brake 5. 5

It worked for me first time out on each track...
Happy Racing

Thanx mate, the tune was awesome, won at first try all the races. 👍

Hi everyone, first post, it´s pleasure to be here with you guys from GTPlanet Forum.

Just finished the event with a Lotus Spirit V8 with Stock set.

It was kind hard handling but not difficult at all.

lotus-esprit-v8-1.jpg

> Made a video, hopefully can help anyone who is having trouble with this.

Excellent work. TY. 👍 As you might expect: am expecting a similar report every seasonal event from now onwards :lol:

Haha, i have been doing these for a while now actually, only thought to post them up on these threads last 2 weeks though, ill make sure these appear each time from now on :)

In every seasonal event that's existed (other than the Ferrari F1 of course), there have been a large handful of different cars that can win the events, and below the maximum PP level. That's because PD make sure that the races are not impossible and can be achieved in pretty much anything, so people should stop worrying about which car to use and what tune to have on said vehicles, as essentially it's your core driving skills that win the race. Concentrate on improving that rather than searching for a 'magic car and tune'.

It does sadden me to see people having to ram the AI, wall ride and cut corners because they are not willing to increase their basic skills. In that case, is there much point in owning a racing game?

Really?! I didn't notice you sitting next to me watching me fail. I'll enjoy the Speed 8 anyway :)

I enjoyed that car 23 months ago. I golded all those races within an hour. I called you a liar, cos you said you took the lead in all races in lap 3. That is a FAT LIE.

In Grand valley and in Fuji, you did not took the lead in lap 3.

Back