500PP British LightWeights

Discussion in 'GT5 Seasonal Events' started by ZachAttack1991, Nov 22, 2012.

1. WeeRacingGuy

WeeRacingGuy

Just joined today and want to say thanks to all you guys that help us win these events. Been watching oink's vids and theyve been a great help for the seasonals. I could not make his tune work for the trial mountain event - best i could get was 2nd - so i tried the one posted by sheen76. Did the trick.:tup:
    It feels a lot lighter and looser than oinks tune, a bit..flighty but it really worked. cheers.

2. ToyGTone

ToyGTone

Thanks for the tune sheene76.

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  3. Suum Cuique

Suum Cuique

I actually tried this with an '87 Esprit, stock PP and no adjustables first. I was humbled by my own arrogance. It soon became evident I would need a good tune in the right car.

I went for the Elise 111R '04 and tried getting Praiano's tune to work for me but it just didn't suit my driving style.

Sheene76's tune was better but I was still prone to 'tank slappers' accelerating out of corners. Dalone's addition of wing fixed it for me and I had no problems after that.

Cheers fellas :tup:

4. RS200Freak

RS200Freak

Trying these in a TVR 350 and geting somewhere. I'm going to change out to the 111R as soon as I get the PS3 on. Everyone here has some fabulous suggestions, but I must agree slightly with redrick, I thought that by adding more weight to the rear would help wiith oversteer until got into an elise and tried that. That car became a cops best freind, unlimited donuts. I must add that this is by far the best GT yet, EVERY car feels different and acts differently, not all FF's feel the same etc. can't wait for GT6

Edit: OMFG, I had to put on SRF for Cote and TV, but I finished all of them in the TVR T350. Was drifting around every turn butmuch easier than using the elise

Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  5. NinjaDesignz

NinjaDesignz

Same Here. I raged so much at the game when I couldn't win with the TVR Tuscan, so I turned on SRF and used the elise 111R. I never use SRF ever.

6. chunder27

chunder27

Sadly, another programmer jerk off with this one

If you see the words Lotus 190 scrolling along the top this is just about impossible, the tyres and smallness of Grand Valley mean you simply cant make enough time in anything to beat him.

You might be able to get close if an Elise is behind an old Elan for half a lap, but in reality I was getting nowhere due to some spotty little Japanese at PD goin "I know what to do, give AI a car with 200hp and 670kg, no one can win unless they have the same

My 111R has 230 hp lightened to 740 and right on 500

Its utterly impossible to win here against a 190, am gonna try the other tracks ut Grand Valley is stupidly hard

7. archie_aileron

archie_aileron

Why is this event on Comfort Soft tires?

8. Bee_Bee9

Bee_Bee9

I know it's late in the life of GT5 but having got my PS3 and GT5 a month ago it's all new to me :D
    I've been reading on the site about the tuning of cars and had a go myself while I completed B-Spec, now that I've moved onto the Seasonals to earn some credits to try and get the 1000 cars in garage Trophy :indiff: I arrived at the British lightweight 500PP event. The following car is what I used and it's the one I started with as i try to understand the tuning of cars on GT5, the set up is for 470PP and you may need to up or even lower this PP, for the last track having read it was an easy race I lowered it to 420PP and won by about 4+ seconds. Apart from seeing Monaco on the telly :cool: all the tracks are new to me, all aids are off apart from ABS at 1, gearing may seem strange but I found it helped me exiting corners as I can be a bit eager with the go-go juice.

Lotus Elise 111S '03

253 BHP 925kg 470PP

Weight Reduction Stage 3
    Engine Stage 3
    Sports Ecu
    Sports Intake Manifold
    Racing Air Filter
    Sports Exhaust Manifold
    Sports Catalytic Converter
    Titanium Racing Exhaust
    Turbo Stage 3
    Transmission Fully Customisable
    Clutch Twin Plate
    Flywheel Semi Racing
    Fully Customisable LSD
    Fully Customisable Suspension
    Tyres Comfort Soft

Ride Height 15 0
    Spring Rate 10.5 11.5
    Dampers Extension 8 8
    Dampers Compression 7 8
    Anti-Roll Bar 2 3
    Camber Angle 1.5 2.0
    Toe Angle -0.08 0.15
    LSD 10 28 9
    Aero 13
    Brake Balance 3 7
    Ballast Amount 200
    Ballast position -25
    Power Level 97%
    Transmission

Any feedback and pointers/tips is appreciated as I try to figure this side of the game out.

Many Thanks Bee_Bee9

Having read a tad more maybe the Camber angle could go a little lower both front and rear

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
    abigblueleaf likes this.
  9. abigblueleaf

abigblueleaf

Thanks BEE but i cant swing out of second place in Cote D`Azur ??? All other races was an easy win ... did you change anything to win Cote D`Azur ??

10. Bee_Bee9

Bee_Bee9

Tell you truth cannot remember, memory like a sieve, upping the car to 500PP, does that not help?

Otherwise i can put GT5 back in the PS3 to have a look at that race, see if it jogs my memory

abigblueleaf likes this.
  11. waddy2001

waddy2001

I'll take a look and see if I can find what I used on this one. Don't remember that it caused any undo hardship. The Lotus Esprit V8 is what I recall, at least until I check. I think I used Praiano's tune for it then adjusted the final drive down pretty low. To win with any car at Monaco you have to drive close to perfect laps. Check out Oink's videos for every seasonal event to get an idea of the lap times needed to win. They're a good guide.

abigblueleaf likes this.
  12. mumrar9009

mumrar9009

I beat the Sport 190 in a couple of these races using my 111R without weight reduction but with the LSD setup and with a rear wing attached I found it did the job for me. Setup is key on tracks like Grand Valley to enable you to keep speed up through the corners.

13. chrisdittmer

chrisdittmer

I remember that I borrowed a Lotus from Mr Praiano though it was identical to the tune he has posted in his GT5 Tune page. It was fairly easy as far as seasonal events go, and I'm not a very good driver. But, I do like the Cote D' Azur track and have driven it many times, so it might just be easier for me because of this. You'll beat it with the Lotus though. Good luck!

14. Ando1700

Ando1700

15. Ando1700

Ando1700

Silver at Grand Valley and Trail Mountain, gold at Fuji and Toscana,bronze at Azur.

16. DLD_swagg_

DLD_swagg_

I have been trying this for forever with the elise 111r '04 and all kinds of tunes but can't make it past 6th place. Everyone seems to just take off in this race but my elise just doesn't have good acceleration no matter how i tune it. Any suggestions?

17. GattigerPlay

GattigerPlay

I cant' win Autumn Ring, always second place. Same car.

18. GattigerPlay

GattigerPlay

Have you reached that power with the power limiter? what about the total PP?
    Also, I can't set that speed, the minimum is 180
    What about the driving aids?

19. geotheFuriouS

geotheFuriouS

Anyone tried the Caterham Fireblade?I just made a good tune and gonna try.

20. Onetruetee

Onetruetee

Just won it with the Lotus Evora , weight reduction stage 3, short gear tran, stock suspension