GT4 Bugs

United States
Los Angeles, CA
scoobyonline2000
*I searched for this topic and didnt find anything, but if you know of a thread where this is talked about, can you please point me there and have a mod close this. Thanx

I dont remember or even know for that matter if GT1, GT2 and GT3 ever had bugs....but is it possable that GT4 might have some? Its obvious that most people wont know since they havent played it, but has anyone heard of anything? just curious...I do remember when GT2 came out it had a bug or something that you couldnt get 100% (I think thats what it was..) anywho, so has anyone heard of anything or seen anything?

Prologue has been out for a while, maybe there were some in there, and there are alot of demos out there, maybe some are in there.

capnlarge
I remember GT 2 had a bug that wiped out your entire garage. That was a fun one.
I was hit hard by that one .. months later I finally recovered :ouch:

In Prologue , when I watch the replay of a race on the NY course , the screen vibrates for a sec .
This happens on the straight after the double left hander that comes behind the start .
It is very obvious when driven a race with the M5 .
I never payed too much attention at it , but since we're talking about bugs , I was wondering if there are more people out there that can see it .
Maybe it's just a small writing error in my copy , but who knows , maybe they have it all ...
BTW , It is a PAL disc , since I live in Belgium .
Greetings y'all ...

in GT concept 2002 there also was a bug with the replay at Midfield when going under the bridge... the screen started to "bibber" for 2 secs...

For Prologue:

It "bibbers" or has a framerate bottle neck on Tsukuba, at the end of the backstraight and at the final end of the last sweeping corner.

Citta Di Aria has a very small bottleneck, right at the end of the long down hill straight when you go underneath the arch which is just before the uphill chicane that is before the hairpin.

As, Horch said, New York has bottlenecks too.

Gran Turismo Concept had the same problems on Autumn Ring II, just after starting off you go under the overbridge and it will happen around there. Pressing triangle only makes it worse. :)

The one bug that i can think of that i had was one of my S2000's don't have a name when you go to acarde mode. Or even in the garage, its crazy cuz when i play people in the car there is a space in between cars were the s2000 is.

CarTec

capnlarge
I remember GT 2 had a bug that wiped out your entire garage. That was a fun one.
I remember another on Motorsports Land where if you took the Escudo, you could go through the wall and if you went far enough and thurned around, you could end up jumping over the entire track. It was so funny on replays.

From all the previous GT series, which game had the most bugs?? I heard of sites that point out these bugs and what not, are there sites like that?

One bug I hated the most was when u hit a wall going really fast, I think it was at Monaco in GT3, were u hit the wall really fast and you get stuck in it....lost a few races because of that, and well because of my mistake :dunce:
How did this happen, or what would cause this to happen because I still do play GT2 and well I dont want to loose all my cars man ... :(

Do you race?
I remember another on Motorsports Land where if you took the Escudo, you could go through the wall and if you went far enough and thurned around, you could end up jumping over the entire track. It was so funny on replays.

Yeah I've seen those pics. Apparently if you exit the track at a high spot it doesn't bring you down until you are over the track itself.

nobody remembers GT2 (pretty sure it was 2) in the settings for suspension the units were inches in stead of milimeters. so you could set your car at 100 inches off the ground, hahah

and the garage clear out, the 98.2% complete...

GT3 has the wall break but i think that was meant to be... i know if u hit the wall bad cars can do some sketchy things

OH !!!! and in one of the rally races.. i think in GT2 again the openent car just turns into the wall off the start and stays there the whole race! haha that one was classic.

and GT1 or 2.. cant remember.. the car wash said 50Cr of whatever.. but never charged me once.

hmmm, i feel like i got a bad copy of that game now.. haha

as far as GT4 goes... there SHOULDNT be any, since its taking so long, but then again there are lots of new options.

How did this happen, or what would cause this to happen because I still do play GT2 and well I dont want to loose all my cars man

It hapens if you do the machine test too much. I was doing some quarter miles and got a good time. I saved and went back to my garage at AHH it was empty. you still have the car you were in to race with although it dosent show up either. I had close to 100 cars to! :mad: Since then its happened about ten times but I learned the first time never to save afterwards before checking my garage.

All video games, especially console games, will have some bugs in them.

The reason is, as the builds progress and new features get added during the dev cycle, new code will sometimes break something. A bug that may not have been there in an early alpha build will suddenly show up in a much later build. The QA testers will find it, report it to the developers/programmers, and in most cases the bug will be fixed.

Sometimes, especially late in the dev cycle, a bug caused by new code will appear, and the developers/programmers will determine that the amount of work to fix it, the impact on other areas, and the severity (or lack of) of the bug will not warrent the time and effort required to fix it. This bugs become "known shippables".

Some examples of possible "known shippables" in GT3 are the time difference of a hot lap as shown in the replay compared to the file's time (OLR guys know about this one), differences of listed horsepower of a Sim Garage car when viewed in the Arcade settings menu, inability to run Côte d'Azur in 2 Player mode.

There are more, but those are among the most well known.

NoQuarter
... inability to run Côte d'Azur in 2 Player mode.

It was deliberately dismissed because - Kaz-quated - "we could not maintain decent amount of details when.. (console) ...drawing Code d' Azur in 2 player mode".

amar212
It was deliberately dismissed because - Kaz-quated - "we could not maintain decent amount of details when.. (console) ...drawing Code d' Azur in 2 player mode".

A perfect example of a "known shippable"...they couldn't fix it, so they didn't.

In GT3 the tourque numbers on the spec chart are wrong after you buy a car and look at the chart in your garage, at least in the US version, my guess is they didn't convert from metric to US standard.

Have you ever tried this bug in GT3?

Start a two player game. drive one car in to a wall and hold down the accelerator so that the car is pushing against the wall. If you now push left or right on the other controller, the stationary car will start spinning on the spot!!!!

Ok. I'm lucky I search "GT4 Bug" before I create one. I'm not sure if this is a bug but maybe some of you guys can help me figure it out.

I got the game yesterday. I loved it. I didn't expect this much of an improvement over the magazine demo in terms of physic. It is amazing. Btw, did someone mention that, while driving, you can look left, right or back by pressing the controller? It's cool. ^^

Anyways, back to the topic...
I did some license tests. On a B license, the one with Mini on Tsukuba, coming out of a turn before the last corner, the one right before a long straight, at near redline on a second gear, traction control would switch on for a spit second causing the acceleration to pause a bit. This happens everytime. It also happen with some other car in a license tests that has a traction control on. I don't remember which one specifically. Did anyone experience this? Is this a bug? The track seems smooth and it was on a straight not in a corner. Could it be a bump?

DQuaN
Have you ever tried this bug in GT3?

Start a two player game. drive one car in to a wall and hold down the accelerator so that the car is pushing against the wall. If you now push left or right on the other controller, the stationary car will start spinning on the spot!!!!

Hahah I got that one. Scared my friend and I when it first happenend. I saved that replay. :dopey:

oruji
Ok. I'm lucky I search "GT4 Bug" before I create one. I'm not sure if this is a bug but maybe some of you guys can help me figure it out.

I got the game yesterday. I loved it. I didn't expect this much of an improvement over the magazine demo in terms of physic. It is amazing. Btw, did someone mention that, while driving, you can look left, right or back by pressing the controller? It's cool. ^^

Anyways, back to the topic...
I did some license tests. On a B license, the one with Mini on Tsukuba, coming out of a turn before the last corner, the one right before a long straight, at near redline on a second gear, traction control would switch on for a spit second causing the acceleration to pause a bit. This happens everytime. It also happen with some other car in a license tests that has a traction control on. I don't remember which one specifically. Did anyone experience this? Is this a bug? The track seems smooth and it was on a straight not in a corner. Could it be a bump?
Disclaimer: I'm not an expert and I haven't played GT4 ... hell, I don't even have a PS2!

Might it simply be the traction control kicking in to right the car as it comes out of the corner?

Do you race?
Disclaimer: I'm not an expert and I haven't played GT4 ... hell, I don't even have a PS2!

Might it simply be the traction control kicking in to right the car as it comes out of the corner?

Is it the Mni Cooper S? At full throttle, if torque peaks at that point it might just spin a little and the TCS prevents that. Not sure.

This:
"Btw, did someone mention that, while driving, you can look left, right or back by pressing the controller? It's cool."

... is some of the best news I've read in a while btw. 👍

Arwin
Is it the Mni Cooper S? At full throttle, if torque peaks at that point it might just spin a little and the TCS prevents that. Not sure.

This:
"Btw, did someone mention that, while driving, you can look left, right or back by pressing the controller? It's cool."

... is some of the best news I've read in a while btw. 👍

Wonder how that will work with the DFP?
EDIT: Guess it could be on the direction keys!

Do you race?

Yeah I've done this on a regular basis - you can exit the course and drive off into infinity. Great for top speed runs, you never have to turn. You can do it with any car as well, not just the Escudo. You do have to be precise about where you exit the course though, because if you exit it while on grass, then "infinity" is grass, or if you exit the course on a hill or something, you drive around in "infinity" on two wheels.

I should really make a video sometime showing how to do it - unless of course someone already has...

eieio
OH !!!! and in one of the rally races.. i think in GT2 again the openent car just turns into the wall off the start and stays there the whole race! haha that one was classic.

LOL! I remember that! Racing against a 206 Rally car I believe, on I think Smokey Mountain, as soon as you start the race, every time, the AI would make a hard left into the wall and just try driving into the wall for the entire race :dopey:

Back