GT4 Bugs

In Gt2... the 100% 'bug' was solved by changing the language from english to german. That way, Vauxhall became Opel and you could race an opel tournament or something.

in my Japanese version of gt2,use to set a lap record on the test track then exit,when i return my car was a big tyre that went forward by pressing the reverse button,really funny on the replays,youc could also exit the sum of the tracks in gt 2

Perhaps the most annoying bug for me in GT3 was the Audi TT had some seriously buggy 4wd setup (PAL user), and so it took over 10 seconds to hit 60mph. A new variable centre diff purchase sorted that out easily though, but it was a bit iffy.

The fact the TT cost MORE than the better Audi S4 was a bit of a joke too!

Then, another crippling bug was the Pagani Zonda C12S had gearing so that us PAL km/h users found that the Zonda did the wrong speeds per gear.
Infact, the speeds were right if they were in mph, which made the gearing horribly low.

I hope bugs like these are just not even present in GT4, any fool could have spotted the Zonda maxing out at 220km/h in top, but no, still got through. Thats pretty poor imho.

Dave

Actually, I just noticed that last night... My Zonda maxed out at about 140mph stock... The stock gear ratio was really close, and 6 gear maxed out at that speed.. kinda disappointing...

IIRC, the Viper has long had an incorrect redline, being far too low. I'm not a big Viper fan, so I likely won't be driving one much in the game, but still I hope they've changed that...

Horch
In Prologue , when I watch the replay of a race on the NY course , the screen vibrates for a sec .
This happens on the straight after the double left hander that comes behind the start .
It is very obvious when driven a race with the M5 .
I never payed too much attention at it , but since we're talking about bugs , I was wondering if there are more people out there that can see it .
Maybe it's just a small writing error in my copy , but who knows , maybe they have it all ...
BTW , It is a PAL disc , since I live in Belgium .
Greetings y'all ...

It looks like this forum is becoming a Belgian community! Let's wait together for the game of the year.

There are a few spelling errors here and there that I've seen, but those are to be expected. One BIG one that kinda bothers me though, is that "Jensen Healey" is listed and displayed as a manufacturer, and the car they have is the Interceptor. Jensen Healey was in fact a roadster manufactured by JENSEN in cooperation with Donald Healey. The Interceptor had no Healey connection at all, and should be in the game as merely a "Jensen Interceptor," not a "Jensen Healey Interceptor."

In GT3 an FF steering wheel centeres itself after moving it to full left or right, even if a car is motionless (e.g. on starting grid).

Is that behaviour fixed?

I remeber watching the replay of a race on Cote D'Azur once, and suddenly, in the middle of some of the the cars began driving just in the air! They went through walls and kept on lapping. Apparently this happened after I pushed one of my opponents into the left wall in the uphill section, altho in the race they resumed the race normally :).

Horch
In Prologue , when I watch the replay of a race on the NY course , the screen vibrates for a sec .QUOTE]

This happens in the external camera sequence of almost all rolling start races in GT4.

there was a bug in GT3 during the replay mode.....happened like four times......

the replay starts normally, but then at a random point on the track, the car, instead of following exactly what i did when i was playing, just rams into the wall, and then tries to make the turns while driving into the wall.....so when i was suppose to come up to a 180 degree left turn, it'll stick to the wall, tires smoking and goign left or right, that was pretty weird

I've had that happen to me only once.... pretty freaky. It was late and the first thing I thought was, "Did that actually happen? I thought I won the race though."

I remember GT 2 had a bug that wiped out your entire garage. That was a fun one.

Damn, that must have been annoying, annoying still was the fact that there was a limit on the cars that you could have in your garage. Is that still there in GT4?

in the chinese traditional version, the used cars lables for 1st half of 90s and 2nd half of 90s is reversed. so pressing 1st will get part b and pressing 2nd will get part a. gearing/power for a lot of the cars are still wrong. its one of those mph/kph confusions for some of those non-japanese cars.

OK. I tested it out more extensively. It's a real bug. The traction control activates breifly at a certain RPM. It seems like every car (that I try) does it at a specific RPM. This only happen when you turn on the traction control. It's not a bump on the track b/c I tried it on different location. It's not a tire breaking loose causing the traction control to activate b/c I tried applying the accelerator gently to get to that specific RPM. I can make the traction control light to keep blinking if I stay on that specific RPM. It's not b/c it's a used car b/c I tried it on both new/used car including both the arcade/gt mode.

This is really not such a big deal to me b/c I turn the traction off anyway. But it can be annoying in a license test where you can't turn it off. But don't blame on this bug if you can't get Gold though b/c it also happens to the demonstration run which he/she still manage to get the gold.

And GT4 doesn't run as smooth as GT3. In Replay, the screen vibrates occationally. Maybe some frame rate issue b/c it seems harder to read the road sign than GT3. (Can't say for sure b/c I used to have a monster S-video cable. I don't now.)

However, this game is so good I really don't care about these minor bugs. The feel is THAT much better. I thought the B-spec/photo mode was craps, but I was wrong. I'm taking it slow though. The game is really big. almost too big. The point of this game is really not to "complete" it anyway. atleast for me. :)

Mercedes SLR
Damn, that must have been annoying, annoying still was the fact that there was a limit on the cars that you could have in your garage. Is that still there in GT4?

Yes it is bad. I've suffered twice, but recovered. There is indeed a 1000 car limit on your garade in GT4, which seems like a great sum for gamers. ;). I hope there are not many bugs in GT4; PD has certainly had enough time to QA everything. If anything, this isn't a rushed game. :lol:

BUG:

In the special condition races, you are required to buy mud tires or snow tires even if you are using a rally car, and the bug is... each set of tire cost 23,000 CR!!!! This is the Chinese version (as in a different currency from the japanese one), in this version players only start out with 10,000 CR. instead of 1,000,000.
I'm assuming someone forgot to do a little currency exchange....

LFRANCOF483
there was a bug in GT3 during the replay mode.....happened like four times......

the replay starts normally, but then at a random point on the track, the car, instead of following exactly what i did when i was playing, just rams into the wall, and then tries to make the turns while driving into the wall.....so when i was suppose to come up to a 180 degree left turn, it'll stick to the wall, tires smoking and goign left or right, that was pretty weird

That happened to me on the Complex String when I was drifting. :indiff:

Using a Nismo GT-R R32. I was showing my friend the replay...and first thing, on the stretch, turns into a wall. Then it proceeds to take off in 4th. :confused:

Then the torque figures are all wrong. I'm not sure if any car has over 100lbs of torque in the garage.

Earlier today, I was doing some rally races. On the second Smokey Mountain race (not Smokey Mountain II) the AI must have spun out on a turn, and it wouldn't back up to get off the wall like they usually do. On the next lap I gave him a little tap at 60mph. ;)

About the "expensive" dirt/snow tires: Dirt racing tires cost about 22k in GT3, so I don't think that is an error.

GT4 Bug

There is occasionally a strange picture "judder" which mainly occurs in the short intro sequence before the race starts (e.g. when the car is sitting on the grid and the countdown is running). it can sometimes last for a few seconds in a race, but this is pretty unusual. It doesn't really affect the game though and it doesn't happen a lot.

In case you're wondering it's not an NTSC/PAL/importing problem - I live in Japan and have a Japanese PS2 and Japanese TV (in fact my TV is a Sony and is specifically designed for PS2 - it has a special digital PS2 socket on the front for optimum picture quality)

Saiing
GT4 Bug

There is occasionally a strange picture "judder" which mainly occurs in the short intro sequence before the race starts (e.g. when the car is sitting on the grid and the countdown is running). it can sometimes last for a few seconds in a race, but this is pretty unusual. It doesn't really affect the game though and it doesn't happen a lot.

In case you're wondering it's not an NTSC/PAL/importing problem - I live in Japan and have a Japanese PS2 and Japanese TV (in fact my TV is a Sony and is specifically designed for PS2 - it has a special digital PS2 socket on the front for optimum picture quality)

Yes, I have exactly the same problem. Japanese PS2, japanese GT4, and french PAL/NTSC thomson TV (running on NTSC for gt4 of course). At the beginning of nearly every race, and at the end too, when the times are displayed, there is a strange judder effect which is pretty ugly :-(

I tried to hook up my ps2 to my projector too, and it is the same (in normal mode, no 480p or 1080i).

Did anyone else see that, and more important, could anybody resolve this?

I found a few bugs in traditional chinese GT4

The gear ratio of forth and fifth gear are the same in the Golf V GTI
when you change the gear from 4 to 5,the rev is the same!
it is a very serious bug!

Mr Whippy
Perhaps the most annoying bug for me in GT3 was the Audi TT had some seriously buggy 4wd setup (PAL user), and so it took over 10 seconds to hit 60mph. A new variable centre diff purchase sorted that out easily though, but it was a bit iffy.

The fact the TT cost MORE than the better Audi S4 was a bit of a joke too!

Then, another crippling bug was the Pagani Zonda C12S had gearing so that us PAL km/h users found that the Zonda did the wrong speeds per gear.
Infact, the speeds were right if they were in mph, which made the gearing horribly low.

I hope bugs like these are just not even present in GT4, any fool could have spotted the Zonda maxing out at 220km/h in top, but no, still got through. Thats pretty poor imho.

Dave

good news for you
the TT 1.8T Quattro behave like a 4WD in GT4.
one more, the gear ratio problem of Zonda have been fixed too.

WooHoo! Does this mean that the Zonda S can actually do over the double tonne, like it's supposed to?

About that Golf. There is a car in GT3 that does the exact same thing. Somethings coming back to me. I think it was a fictional racecar of some discription. Can't remember anymore detail than that. Anyway, you're right, that is a very big problem. I love that little car. I hope there isn't any mistakes with the Mk1 Golf. I'd be pissed.

Back