GT4 Bugs

fish_bate
WooHoo! Does this mean that the Zonda S can actually do over the double tonne, like it's supposed to?

About that Golf. There is a car in GT3 that does the exact same thing. Somethings coming back to me. I think it was a fictional racecar of some discription. Can't remember anymore detail than that. Anyway, you're right, that is a very big problem. I love that little car. I hope there isn't any mistakes with the Mk1 Golf. I'd be pissed.
Do you mean 200mph?
yes, the Zonda perform like the real car 👍

Nissan G10
I found a few bugs in traditional chinese GT4

The gear ratio of forth and fifth gear are the same in the Golf V GTI
when you change the gear from 4 to 5,the rev is the same!
it is a very serious bug!

I hope they can still fix this for the PAL version :scared: , I'd really like to drive that car stock on the Nurburgring without having to install another transmission...

Worst bug of all time: Using the Altezza LM in GT2 on the Tahiti track, when you replay your run the car turns face first into the side of the mountain! Even if you did no such thing when you drove! The same thing happened to a friend of mine.

i dont know wether to call this a bug, but it's certainly unusual.

in GT4 Demo, probably in GT4 as well.

if you drive and stop the car over a chicane, the DFP wheel will counter steer even if you're stationary. it counter steers exactly the same as if you were driving 100mph......hmmmm....interesting.

but then again, who is gonna park their car on a chicane in the middle of a race? :dunce:

Saiing
GT4 Bug

There is occasionally a strange picture "judder" which mainly occurs in the short intro sequence before the race starts (e.g. when the car is sitting on the grid and the countdown is running). it can sometimes last for a few seconds in a race, but this is pretty unusual. It doesn't really affect the game though and it doesn't happen a lot.

Sometimes it lasts for awhile. A quick way to get rid of it I found is just to look back and then forth again.

Not a bug, but an error : the year for the Impreza STi is not 02, I haven't look closely to see if it is 03 or 04, but it isn't 02 (even going by JDM year naming).

In GT3, if a computer car got 'stuck' on a wall for say 2 laps in a 10 lap race, when it became unstuck, it'd do lap times about 30 seconds below the minimum possible and slaughter the field by like 3 laps.

I'm playing Chinese GT4 version and I notice most of the cars kinda stop accelerate for 0.5 seconds around 100km/h everytime!

If you have a turbo meter you can see it clearly that the meter just respools for a split second!

dreams
I'm playing Chinese GT4 version and I notice most of the cars kinda stop accelerate for 0.5 seconds around 100km/h everytime!

If you have a turbo meter you can see it clearly that the meter just respools for a split second!

Hey Dreams. I think what you have experienced might be the same as mine. Read my post early (Post#50) to see if it is the same thing.

cheers.

Saiing
GT4 Bug

There is occasionally a strange picture "judder" which mainly occurs in the short intro sequence before the race starts (e.g. when the car is sitting on the grid and the countdown is running). it can sometimes last for a few seconds in a race, but this is pretty unusual. It doesn't really affect the game though and it doesn't happen a lot.

In case you're wondering it's not an NTSC/PAL/importing problem - I live in Japan and have a Japanese PS2 and Japanese TV (in fact my TV is a Sony and is specifically designed for PS2 - it has a special digital PS2 socket on the front for optimum picture quality)

it happens a lot to me, almost in every race 👎

i get the suddering screen as well....

i've seen some other discrepancies, but i'm not sure if they're bugs......the s2000 for one......the new one is suppose to redline at 8000 rpms, but they still have it redilining at 9000rpms

umm....i had more in mind....can't think of it right now....i'll right them down as i play

LFRANCOF483
i get the suddering screen as well....

i've seen some other discrepancies, but i'm not sure if they're bugs......the s2000 for one......the new one is suppose to redline at 8000 rpms, but they still have it redilining at 9000rpms
I thought the new redline was 8200, small difference.
What does it say for the displacement? The 9000rpm version is 2L, the new version is 2.2.

I've seen the screen shuddering, it happens alot comming onto the straight at Infineon raceway, I've also had my car somehow floating in space sideways as you first start a time trial at Nurburgring, but I've only seen that once and the car did straighten itself out after 1 or 2 seconds well before it was time to drive, The Falcon Typhoon is also spelt wrong in the Chinese version.

fish_bate, the top speeds seem as near to perfect as you could expect. In GT4 I drove the SS Commodore to a top speed of 266km/h my friend has the same car in real life and on a long straight bit of road in South Australia reached 265km/h and it would go no faster

the 2003 S3k has a 2.0L engine in the game. It also has the 9000RPM redline and is rated at 250ps @ 8300 RPMs

So I guess they messed up that one too, unless in Japan they still kept the same engien

You are correct. The 2003 S2000 has the 2.0L with a 9,000 rpm redline and it's the 2004 that get's the 2.2L with the 8,200 rpm redline.

I should know, I have sold Hondas for the last 10 years :dopey:

Emohawk
I thought the new redline was 8200, small difference.
What does it say for the displacement? The 9000rpm version is 2L, the new version is 2.2.

iono, i think 800rpms is a bid difference, especially when the s2000's tach's redline clearly starts at 9K

i found some more......on the Nurburgring.....when it's showing you the rolling start....on the final turn leading to the starting point, my car or the car in front always hits the wall.....

also, when you run the Las Vegas 1/4 mile strip, at the very beginning, when you rev the engine, the sound is muffled, it's kinda weird

Honda decided to keep the 2.0L F20C w/ the 9000rpm redline for the Japanese and I believe European '04 S2000s. The American version received the revised 2.2L F22C powerplant with the lower 8000rpm redline. Explanation? Most lazy ass Americans refuse to rev it up and complain about torque deprivation.

Polyphony Digital did, however, screw up the A-pillar. Notice how the convertible top (black portion) drops all the way down alongside the body-colored A-pillar? It is supposed to stop above the windshield.

Besides the "shudder bug," I've found a few small inconsistencies pertaining to certain cars' specs, but I won't get into that now. Back to racing...

There's no spelling mistakes like in GT2, right? It was really annoying to see a race at High Speed Link or Autumn Rink ...

There are some slight spelling mistakes in my game, like a Lotus Lotus Carlton in the Used Car section.

I also got an message with a extra newline character in it (\n), anyone who does any coding should know about that.

:dopey:

Attachments

• McLaren.JPG
    McLaren.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 659
Sorry if it's been mentioned before, but I noticed that the rear-view mirror view of Seoul is a ugly smudge for a background instead of moving scenery. The track and cars show up fine, but none of the buildings.

Cheers.

legacyb4
Sorry if it's been mentioned before, but I noticed that the rear-view mirror view of Seoul is a ugly smudge for a background instead of moving scenery. The track and cars show up fine, but none of the buildings.

Cheers.

that's only because they are saving poly power by not rendering the buildings again in the rearview. So they render the cars, the road, and a smudgy texture for a BG...nasty but oh well, I don't use it too often, and it doesn't bother me.

I don't know if this was mentioned, but in GT2 on Laguna Seca if you hit the wall hard enough just before the cork screw you could go straght through and travel off the track. And to be able to get back on the track you had to turn around and go back towards the wall. Also in GT2 if a CPU car went off the track, sometimes they wouldn't be able to get back they would stay there. I havn't noticed any in GT3 yet except for the Cote D Azur one where you hit the wall and get stuck but nothing other than that.

skyline_racer1
I don't know if this was mentioned, but in GT2 on Laguna Seca if you hit the wall hard enough just before the cork screw you could go straght through and travel off the track. And to be able to get back on the track you had to turn around and go back towards the wall. Also in GT2 if a CPU car went off the track, sometimes they wouldn't be able to get back they would stay there. I havn't noticed any in GT3 yet except for the Cote D Azur one where you hit the wall and get stuck but nothing other than that.
'scuse me, but what does this have to do with GT4? And you can leave the track in GT3 in Seattle.

Motorsportsland had a problem with leaving the track too, but hopefully they've done enough testing with collision detection with the new "blur" effect to prevent driving off into polygonal hell.

SimRaceDriver
Really? How? I never knew that! Care to elaborate more please?
T.I.A.! 👍
I've been searching for a way to leave any track in GT3 for a pretty long time, but I only came across this not too long ago. So, here's how it works:

You take a really fast car (I've has the most success with a fully tuned Toyota GT one), and you drive the straight in Seattle against the common direction (or like in Seattle backwards, you know what I mean). Keep on hugging the right wall a little bit, so that it won't slow you down too much, but make sure you're touching it. Now, just ram into the corner at the end of the straight. You might also try to aim the corner without hugging the wall priorly, it gives better results, but it's more difficult.

I've you've done everything right, you'll leave the track immediatly or at least get stuck in the wall. Keep on the gas and steer right and left, and your car will get free. It happens that you just crash like normal, if so, you have to start over again. With a bit of practise I'd say it works in 50% of your trials.

And here's a little hint: if you combine this with the max speed trick (where the GT one lifts up its front and accelerates vigorously) you can reach a speed that will let your PS2 crash. I guess it can't compute such enormous values anymore, you'll reach a few million mph before it'll crash.

Good luck!
the Interceptor

Attachments

• seattle.jpg
    seattle.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 230
Back