Forza Demo

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 75 comments

McLaren

Premium
United States
Texas
Wow! Just 1 word. Wow! I'm sorry to say but after playing 3 hours of the Forza Demo, that's all I can say. So I'll give you the look I have on Forza Vs. Gran Turismo 3.

1st off. They don't even compare. Forza knocks it off in A.I., simulation, and details.

A.I.-These AI make GT3's look like dumbies. They are incredibly smart, and act like a real person learning from your every move. If you cut them off, they will just wheel around you. Coming back on to the track? Going around you. Unlike GT3s where you'll be smacked head, these racers move and go by. They take different lines every time, and change speeds every lap through the same corner.

Graphics-So it's not real like GT4. But GT3s are quite better. Forza's though seem to be plain racer friendly. People who love racing games, and don't care whether its sim or not will love Forza's. Quite a nice upgrade from PGR2, I went ahead and compared Forza's 360 Modena to PGR2's. PGR2's handle nothing like Forza's. This was how I could tell Forza was simulating racing a 360 Modena. They handled nowhere near the same, and of course, Forza's felt much more driving like.

Simulation
I would compare GT3s cars to one of Forza's but unfornately, the Nissan Z was a concept and was different to the Nissan 350Z. So there aren't any cars in GT3 I can compare to Forza's except one. The Toyota GT-One. And again. Forza's felt like racing the real thing. You see, to me, after driving a R390 and then a GT-One in GT3, they actually....felt like driving the same car, one with just more power.
Forza's felt way different. The customization part. Yes! You feel a difference. All the game gives you is an Exterior upgrade, and you will tell the difference in racing from just a Body kit, and Spoiler.

So this is how the overview goes:
Graphics-GT3 wins this one in realism, but Forza gets it in Plain Racer Friendly.
AI-Forza definately takes the win on this one. They won't smack into you.
Sim: Forza. Forza's felt alot different. And realer.

A difference in Braking!?
Yes. There is a big difference now. In GT3, you could hold the brake all the way down, and of course, you wouldn't see the wheels lock up. Not HERE buddy!
Forza's requires TAPPING people. Not, hold the brake down and watch the car slow down. You either hold brake down halfway or tap it. Braking is where I noticed the BIGGEST change from GT3. This is requires thinking on where you brake. You tap to fast, and you'll come into the corner too slow. Racers will take this to their advantage, and go around you.
Braking here is going to take a bit of time to master after playing GT3 to much.

Closing Statement:
Forza did what people did not expect it to do. It absolutely blows GT3 out of the water. Even the View that look like GT3's Front View has 2 views. One like GT3's and one resembling inside a car. You can tell the difference, as the car doesn't sound as loud, and other cars are louder. Engine sounds are matched perfectly, and this game reminds me so much of GTR's demo.

This game has truely stolen the racing part in my heart. It IS a Must BUY or Die (j/p) title for the Racing Lover! As far as I'm concerned, there doesn't look to be anything that needs improving on from just the demo.

All it needs now is....an Official Forza Wheel.

Official Xbox Magazine. EB Games probably has a ton of them still.

Don't forget to play the Conker Live and Reloaded demo on there too.
Just go to a game store. They should have it.

These are off Forza Central.
It's a cool game.
From the review it has 7 modes! :drool:

I'll go ahead and explain the Career Paths first.
There are 7. Drift, Point-to-Point, Endurance, Autocross (pass through gates), Spec Races (require certain car specs), Club Races (similiar to Spec Races, but less strict), and Pro Series (where you compete in Competitions.)

Each of these contains about 50 levels, :drool: And these are at LEAST 3 races per level. So be prepared to have some time and fun with this game.
Some will require a certain class of car, And this is just YOUR CAREER!
So now, some pictures
forza-motorsport-20040915042117039.jpg

forza-motorsport-20040915042117492.jpg

forza-motorsport-20040915042235460.jpg

forza-motorsport-20040818070214968.jpg

forza-motorsport-20040804070219135.jpg

forza-motorsport-20040804070218635.jpg

^Jordan will love racing this. Maybe he can compare it to his.
forza-motorsport-20040722083233821.jpg

forza_050704_009.jpg

forza_051104__051104_002.jpg

forza_050704_003.jpg

Check this link for some Videos!
Baddest car Test Droven:
Ferrari 333SP.

IGN Forza Motorsports Videos

Oh I think I might actually visually mod my car in this game... converting a Corvette to a C5R or even a C6R would be hot... Some of the aero packages might be more helpful than ugly, weee I can't wait. Are you sure it's out in newsstands? Subscribers usually get mags a lot sooner than stores.

Well, that Corvette in the one shot is already modded by Lingernfelter.

But I have no clue if you can mod the exterior or what. I know you can mod the engine.

McLaren F1GTR
Well, that Corvette in the one shot is already modded by Lingernfelter.

But I have no clue if you can mod the exterior or what. I know you can mod the engine.

On IGN it says that that Corvette is the 2003 Corvette Guldstrand Edition tuned by Dick Guldstrand, not Lingenfelter.

I've read that you can do exterior mods to cars but only ones which would get modded in real life so you can kit out an SRT-4 or a Supra but not a 360 Modena or a TVR

Revheadnz
On IGN it says that that Corvette is the 2003 Corvette Guldstrand Edition tuned by Dick Guldstrand, not Lingenfelter.

That's correct. It's not a Lingenfelter, Lingenfelters, have less eye-candy. There more what's under the hood?

Actually, I don't think any Ferrari, Porsche or that do.

I know just about every or every car has a modable engine.

Right....Like you need to mod a Ferrari 333SP.

sUn
That's correct. It's not a Lingenfelter, Lingenfelters, have less eye-candy. There more what's under the hood?

From IGNXbox.com

For those that feel a stock 2003 Corvette Z06 isn't fast enough or doesn't have the look they want, they can call up Dick Guldstrand of Guldstrand Motorsports. For about $50,000 on top of the money for the '03 Z06, you can have a unique looking 427 powered 500hp 520ftlbs of torque modern American muscle car. The modifications don't just stop at the impressive motor though. For your hard-earned dollars you also receive custom-made Fikse wheels, Guldstrand designed front and rear sway-bars and FlowMaster exhaust, specially designed and re-contoured seats and interior, special gold and blue paint job for this limited production of 50 Corvettes. A bone stock Z06 with 405 is able to squirt to 60mph in 4.4 seconds, adding an additional 95 hp and unique look you will need not worry about getting passed by or past over as any other 2003 Z06 on the block. The 2003 Corvette Guldstrand Edition is not like any other Corvette ever produced with all the go and the show, and built to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Corvette.

I'll stick with my 1/18 scale instead.

Its not exactly easy for a 17 year old to come out with 50K. Unless somebody here has a secret. J/p.

McLaren F1GTR
I'll stick with my 1/18 scale instead.

Its not exactly easy for a 17 year old to come out with 50K. Unless somebody here has a secret. J/p.

what I gotta know is: do the porsches sound like they should?

Mclaren thats a great review so far. 👍 The braking you were talking about reminds me of Toca 2. Very realistic AI, braking, and physics. I might have to get the Forza demo. So you said its in the Official Xbox Magazine. Thanks.

kinigitt
what I gotta know is: do the porsches sound like they should?
The 911 GT3 is the only one, but so far...I'll put this way.

I tried comparing Forza's to the real one one on Porsche's sight. Unfornately, I can't b/c Porsche shows one going by.

But, I'll say this. It is my favorite car as of now on the demo, and it sounds truely amazing. For some strange reason, it and PGR2's sounded similiar. :confused: :odd:

It sounds awesome, none the less. I'm sure you know that unique engine sound produced by Porsche when at high speeds. Well, this one sounds like it. The 360 Modena, which I have heard and seen for myself takeoff, sounds like it should too.
To me Ferrari's sort of have that low pitch whining sound and when reaching higher RPM's it sounds even louder. I think both cars sound like they should.

And yes, it should be...

Official Xbox Magazine
Holiday 04/Issue #39.

McLaren F1GTR
The 911 GT3 is the only one, but so far...I'll put this way.

I tried comparing Forza's to the real one one on Porsche's sight. Unfornately, I can't b/c Porsche shows one going by.

But, I'll say this. It is my favorite car as of now on the demo, and it sounds truely amazing. For some strange reason, it and PGR2's sounded similiar. :confused: :odd:

It sounds awesome, none the less. I'm sure you know that unique engine sound produced by Porsche when at high speeds. Well, this one sounds like it. The 360 Modena, which I have heard and seen for myself takeoff, sounds like it should too.
To me Ferrari's sort of have that low pitch whining sound and when reaching higher RPM's it sounds even louder. I think both cars sound like they should.

And yes, it should be...

Official Xbox Magazine
Holiday 04/Issue #39.

even if they use PGR2's exact sound engine, I'll be a happy camper. PGR2 had fantastic engine sounds. Very raw and visceral compared to the tinny and disconnected "dyno run" sounds from GT.

OH yeah. I could tell the difference in sound between the 360 Modena and 360 CS in PGR2. That 360CS kicks some serious a**.

McLaren F1GTR
OH yeah. I could tell the difference in sound between the 360 Modena and 360 CS in PGR2. That 360CS kicks some serious a**.

those bbs cup wheels....so delicious.

At least the wheels will be in GT4 (the HPA motorsports R32 has em). Still no consolation for the lack of Ferrari.

I have a question concerning the driving wheels for xbox. I have my dfp set up in a cockpit, and the pedals are pretty much stuck inside it, non moveable. Will I be able to use my dfp pedals with say the new nascar wheel for forza? I know it would suck, because the dfp rocks, but I just dont have that option right now, becasue xbox dont support it (let alone, it doesn't even have USB ports)

Well, I have the GT4 demo and Forza demo..

As much as I wanted Forza to beat GT4, I am not thoroughly impressed about Forza.

Granted that it is older demo.. I can see where people and gamers will complain about..

They got to work on the handling and controls. I am trying to control each car without locking wheels and crashing but it is almost un-doable.

I've driven real cars at high speeds and lock up wheels but I am able to steer atleast, in Forza, basically you can't steer when they lock up.

The controls are very stiff and offers almost no feedback as to what the car is exhibiting. Enter an apex and try to rotate the rear of the Skyline GTR and all you get is the front washes out and the car runs straight into the sand...

Compared to other Xbox racers like TOCA2, PGR2, SegaGT2k2, Forza's controls are probably the worst right now. They are pretty close to SRS, which is pretty telling..

Graphically, it doesn't look as sharp and smooth as Rallisport 2 or the smoothness of PGR2, it has a lot of jaggies, probably needs more AA in the finish product but on my HDTV it looks too bright and colorful, lacking in color depth. Of course GT4 uses photo images to artistically create the scene but it is more effective than Forza's crayon colored skies and images.

If you look at the car's rendering, the Subaru, Skyline, and EVO needs work, they look almost like they were straight out of NFSU, animated cars rather than fully rendered.

I'm very dissappointed so far.

Don't call me a PS2 fanboy, which I'm not. I've logged in more play time on Xbox Live than on my PS2...

LegacySTI

As much as I wanted Forza to beat GT4, I am not thoroughly impressed about Forza.

Granted that it is older demo.. I can see where people and gamers will complain about..

They got to work on the handling and controls. I am trying to control each car without locking wheels and crashing but it is almost un-doable.

I've driven real cars at high speeds and lock up wheels but I am able to steer atleast, in Forza, basically you can't steer when they lock up.

The controls are very stiff and offers almost no feedback as to what the car is exhibiting. Enter an apex and try to rotate the rear of the Skyline GTR and all you get is the front washes out and the car runs straight into the sand...

Compared to other Xbox racers like TOCA2, PGR2, SegaGT2k2, Forza's controls are probably the worst right now. They are pretty close to SRS, which is pretty telling..

Graphically, it doesn't look as sharp and smooth as Rallisport 2 or the smoothness of PGR2, it has a lot of jaggies, probably needs more AA in the finish product but on my HDTV it looks too bright and colorful, lacking in color depth. Of course GT4 uses photo images to artistically create the scene but it is more effective than Forza's crayon colored skies and images.

If you look at the car's rendering, the Subaru, Skyline, and EVO needs work, they look almost like they were straight out of NFSU, animated cars rather than fully rendered.

Don't call me a PS2 fanboy, which I'm not. I've logged in more play time on Xbox Live than on my PS2...

I agree with you there. The controls need to be balanced. Currently, they're not much fun with assists off.

yea i like the idea of the locks, but i hope to god there are assist upgrades, if not most younger guys wouldnt buy this, But i cant wait till this hits stores.

LegacySTI

Hmm.....Skyline? NO, don't get me te wrong way, but I question the fact you've seen the same Skyline in Forza from NFS:U games.

Back