Forza Demo

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 75 comments
jjboi
:sly: Okay, okay. Let's end all the bull**** right here and now( atleast when concerning the visuals side of things). When I look at photos of Forza (or video or gameplay footage of it), I picture myself watching a high-quality broadcast, live HDTV-enabled racing event on the Speed network. Now, when I see photos of GT4 (or video or gameplay footage of GT4), I instead picture myself watching high-profile, big-budget, special-effects galore Hollywood racing flick. My point? Both games look realistic and have really nice art styles, but which one you prefer depends on your own preferences. Neither is really better than the other, just different. 'Nuff said. :sly:

The bull**** will continue. You can't stop it. Nice try though.

I gave the Forza demo another chance and played it for about 2 hours. I turned the traction off, abs, and the stability. This made the game soo much more fun and personally the car was a lot easier to handle now. Especially for drifting. I had some really good drifts with some of the cars. 👍 I can't wait for the full version! :)

meh some piccies, mehbeh you've seen em, mehbeh you aint. Either way, they are quite pretty.

ME0000525348_2.jpg

ME0000525356_2.jpg

Wow that 350Z looks cool! But now Forza is using the same cars as GT4. I know that they can't make a game without using the same cars e.g you won't find a car racing game these days without a Nissan Skyline R34 GTR in it, but the need not take the exact same Mclaren F1, same paint job and everything. Why not the Gulf F1s?

Also, this may well have been asked before but does Forza show skidmarks on the racing line and do they stay there throughout a race or throughout your time playing Forza?

Skidmarks stay and build up effecting handling.

And you answered your own question regarding cars, there will obviously be overlaps.

As for the F1, thaats the only one not covered by EA's McLaren license.

....You said the Ai was intelligent..I just watch one of the videos that you linked to IGN, a video which features Le Mans cars on Laguna, the guy breaks and BOUM the Ai collide into him.

Div is back
....You said the Ai was intelligent..I just watch one of the videos that you linked to IGN, a video which features Le Mans cars on Laguna, the guy breaks and BOUM the Ai collide into him.
All you are going to do is argue with everyone in here until we say that one game is better than the other. Just quit arguing everyone! I have already posted videos showing the intelligence of Forza and Toca 2. We ALL already know that GT4 doenst have any intelligence at all. And I am a PS2 fanboy saying this.

I know all that, if I had a Xbox this would be the game I would kill for, but just like GT, it looks like the producer say more than they can do.

code_kev
The Ai was quite fun to race, but did get easily confused. It should be sorted I guess for the final release.

The A.I. is wierd. Sometimes it's awesome, keeping you on your toes and being aggressive, other times they act like retarded monkeys going off track and slamming into you.

Generally, they slow down and go around you when you brake, unless you brake like a crackhead in the middle of a straight.

ToCa 2 has better A.I. than the demo.

LegacySTI
Well, I have the GT4 demo and Forza demo..

As much as I wanted Forza to beat GT4, I am not thoroughly impressed about Forza.

Granted that it is older demo.. I can see where people and gamers will complain about..

They got to work on the handling and controls. I am trying to control each car without locking wheels and crashing but it is almost un-doable.

I've driven real cars at high speeds and lock up wheels but I am able to steer atleast, in Forza, basically you can't steer when they lock up.

The controls are very stiff and offers almost no feedback as to what the car is exhibiting. Enter an apex and try to rotate the rear of the Skyline GTR and all you get is the front washes out and the car runs straight into the sand...

Compared to other Xbox racers like TOCA2, PGR2, SegaGT2k2, Forza's controls are probably the worst right now. They are pretty close to SRS, which is pretty telling..

Graphically, it doesn't look as sharp and smooth as Rallisport 2 or the smoothness of PGR2, it has a lot of jaggies, probably needs more AA in the finish product but on my HDTV it looks too bright and colorful, lacking in color depth. Of course GT4 uses photo images to artistically create the scene but it is more effective than Forza's crayon colored skies and images.

If you look at the car's rendering, the Subaru, Skyline, and EVO needs work, they look almost like they were straight out of NFSU, animated cars rather than fully rendered.

I'm very dissappointed so far.

Don't call me a PS2 fanboy, which I'm not. I've logged in more play time on Xbox Live than on my PS2...

a skyline in the demo? last time i checked there was no skyline in the demo...........

McLaren F1GTR
Wow! Just 1 word. Wow! I'm sorry to say but after playing 3 hours of the Forza Demo, that's all I can say. So I'll give you the look I have on Forza Vs. Gran Turismo 3.

A difference in Braking!?
Yes. There is a big difference now. In GT3, you could hold the brake all the way down, and of course, you wouldn't see the wheels lock up. Not HERE buddy!
Forza's requires TAPPING people. Not, hold the brake down and watch the car slow down. You either hold brake down halfway or tap it. Braking is where I noticed the BIGGEST change from GT3. This is requires thinking on where you brake. You tap to fast, and you'll come into the corner too slow. Racers will take this to their advantage, and go around you.
Braking here is going to take a bit of time to master after playing GT3 to much.

Closing Statement:
Forza did what people did not expect it to do. It absolutely blows GT3 out of the water. Even the View that look like GT3's Front View has 2 views. One like GT3's and one resembling inside a car. You can tell the difference, as the car doesn't sound as loud, and other cars are louder. Engine sounds are matched perfectly, and this game reminds me so much of GTR's demo.

This game has truely stolen the racing part in my heart. It IS a Must BUY or Die (j/p) title for the Racing Lover! As far as I'm concerned, there doesn't look to be anything that needs improving on from just the demo.

All it needs now is....an Official Forza Wheel.

first i wanna say u're comparing a game so new that it hasnt even been released yet to a game which is about 3-4 years old?
second, im glad the AI is smart as GT3's AND GT4's AI is of quite the dumb kind.

i didnt know the GT3's graphics were better? i thought it was comparable to GT4 :embarrassed:
im thinking about buying an xbox just for this game. but i think i'll have to test it on my cousin's xbox to see if it's worth the investment :embarrassed:

also ive noticed that if a game allows a car to have visual damage, the overall graphics sufffer as u need to allow the model to change shape. maybe that's y the graphics arent as good..

Back