GT4 General Discussion and Questions

• Thread starter sn00pie
  • 3,640 comments

sn00pie

AAAH DON'T PANIC!!!
Staff Emeritus
This is a general discussion thread for all Gran Turismo 4 anticipants.

I want customized second hand car lots. Something like Eddy's Exotics or Bargains by Barry.

Nice, I was thinking about a stickied thread like this just the other day 👍

I want the BMW 645Ci and M6!!!

:)

I hope they have a huge "airport" track where we can roam around in our cars in a HUGE area and stuff around. That would be fun:)

Wet weather for it would also be a must have option too.

- A Ai that does not cheat
- Realistic tire wear
- Introduce fuel consumption for every race
- European and American used cars
- Remove the test course. This track is just boring (understand Yamamauchi ?!?)
- I can't understand why they still haven't put the first GTI.

:mischievous:

I would just love to have some more serious cosequences when hitting other static objects like a reduction of overall speed on a sliding scale for the remainder of the race dependent on the severity of the contact. Maybe can be fixed during a pitstop, but these would be longer depending on the previous value (severity of contact).

What about the 10 second penalty while hitting the wall or another Racer?? Is this confirmed in the game? Will the AI also be punished for this?
Okay am sorry if questions are not supposed to be asked.
Well most things I want are already listed above this post.
I want more Stock Car Racing Events specially the SuperCars and Exotics to have more non-tuned races. That'll show the real potential of each cars on the Track..
How about they include the TopGear Test Track :P , that way we can check if we're better than the Stig in the real life.
Okay, I think I better stop.

Corvette
I know the test course is not very popular, but I still like it. Where do you want to do your high speed runs else? I'd still be satisfied if they put in less races on that course though.
Corvette
The first GTI will be in the game.

Corvette
- A Ai that does not cheat

Why? You still flog the **** out of them even when they do cheat.

Corvette
- Realistic tire wear

That would be nice. Tyres that last for 30 laps rather than 10.

Corvette
- Introduce fuel consumption for every race

This would be nice also. While you're about it, let's see real pit crews filling up the car and changing the wheels. :mischievous:

Corvette
- European and American used cars

Australian too! :grumpy:

Corvette

"Yamauchi".

And I like the test course.

Corvette

What?

Bring back Complex String, and let's have some races on there too :)
Does anyone know yet whether Complex String is definitely in or out?

sheruken
...How about they include the TopGear Test Track :P , that way we can check if we're better than the Stig in real life...

I'll settle for trying to beat Clarkson's time around the Nurburgring, in a Jaguar S Type Diesel. 10 minutes should be do-able :)

However it looks like the S Type Diesel will not make it into the final game. So the next best thing is the S Type R

Cheers

Jamie

With "weather effects" in GT4 does that mean changing conditions? Night to day, day to night? Wind changing directions and speed and heaven forbid rain???? Cant wait to find out. 👍 👍

GT wish list:
1. I would like to see parts that physically have mass. You want that TCS? Well, it will weigh down your car by a few pounds... Getting those hardcore brakes? They're heavier than the stock ones you have now... Then it would be great to have several 'makes' of parts, like different brakepads that sacrifice cost and mass for strength or are light and cheap but crappy... This would get rid of a lot of the linear tuning that is currently the only way.
2. Customizable body modifications a la NFSU...Paint jobs, Decals, Body mods, 3D rims... I know this is mostly tuner culture but it's a great way to show your creativity in such a game ;).
3. Better AI. Mindless drones are sooo 6 years ago. Online too, obviously.
4. Real Time Weather and Daytime changes
4. More of everything ;)

Edit: Thanks for the track info they look great :D

did anyone of you see a "kure R33-GTR jgtc" on a screenshot or in a carlist or something? i just NEED that vehicle. kazu promised, that every car, seen in further GT-issues makes it way into GT4, but i still miss this car. please help me finding sleep again :)

DappaDaRealist
Oh god, its going to be a very long 2-3 months for us Euros and Americans.

So what're Australians, chopped liver? :grumpy:

;)

Ryosuke_Gumna - why are you STILL saying that "they should add this" months out from its PAL release?

*Fires up legion of kill robots*

VIPERGTSR01
I just hope the wish list threads stop now.

Well that's a given, seeing the game is obviously fully complete and awaiting its PAL release. I don't know though... some people's children... cross your fingers, eh? :rolleyes:

If those pics are correct looks like the Le Mans circuit has the two chicanes on the mulsannes. Which will take away some of the sheer excitment of going over the rise at 400 + KMH. Or just going airbourne uncontrollably.

Back