GT4 General Discussion and Questions

• Thread starter sn00pie
  • 3,640 comments
I've started playing GT4 again as my interest in GT7 starts to fall away.

New save got me a few cars and I used the NISMO 270R in the Sunday Cup, easy, and the FR cup, not easy, I lost two races. Seattle reverse I got 3rd and Laguna Seca where I was 2nd. After I'd won the other races I went back to the Seattle race, got a different field, and was able to win. Laguna Seca took two more attempts to win.

After that I tried the first race in the FF cup. Finished 5th. I gave B-spec a go and it finished 6th. I redid that race myself and got a win. After a couple of robust overtakes. This is a much harder game than GT7.

Gran Turismo 4 is one of the most complete game ever made and still has a good amount of people playing it to this day. One of my biggest dream to this day would be to decompile the game in order to preserve port and mod this gem of a game. Many other game communities like zelda fans have already done similar projects. I wonder if any of you in this community are intrested in a project like this. (This isn't illegal in any way if you don't distribute original game assets)

Gran Turismo 4 is one of the most complete game ever made and still has a good amount of people playing it to this day. One of my biggest dream to this day would be to decompile the game in order to preserve port and mod this gem of a game. Many other game communities like zelda fans have already done similar projects. I wonder if any of you in this community are intrested in a project like this. (This isn't illegal in any way if you don't distribute original game assets)
There is already a big modding community and project taking place on discord for a number of GT titles, including GT4. If you snoop around the various mod themed threads, you may find a link to the sever in those. If not I'll try to find one for you later.

One of my biggest dream to this day would be to decompile the game in order to preserve port and mod this gem of a game. Many other game communities like zelda fans have already done similar projects.

Those games generally have debug symbols that have been leaked, which are basically a description of what the code does. There's nothing like that for GT4 really, which increases the difficulty and effort involved massively. Most of the games that have been decompiled are also much earlier and thus simpler games, and have much larger mod communities to find skilled people to work on it. I would be surprised if more than a dozen people are actively working on any sort of code reverse-engineering of any GT game at all, not just GT4.

Probably, but the only way to find out is to try it or find someone else who has. Specs wise, I don't see why it couldn't.

Probably, but the only way to find out is to try it or find someone else who has. Specs wise, I don't see why it couldn't.
I preordered it. I think it is the perfect machine to play again those old games. Curious to see how also ps3 games run on it..

Last edited:
Back