Your Most Favorite/Least Favorite tracks

• Thread starter MelloBoy
  • 247 comments
what's your guys (that have played) most and least favorite tracks?

i absolutely despise Hong Kong...the track itself is nice, but the eye candy in the mainstreets and what not make it difficult to discern where the corner is and how fast it's coming up...

there are 2 tracks that are tied for 1st in my book...Citta d'Aria and Trial Mountain. Citta is just amazing course...very tight and very picturesque. it really makes me feel like i'm racing down the streets of some little Italian town. Trial Mountain, I have enjoyed since GT2 (never played GT1) and find it a fun venue in general...dunno why...it's not exactly the most visually appealing or anything, and doesn't have any ultra low speed corners in conjunction with high speed corners...just fun :) i miss the Rome track in GT2 (not the short one and not Rome Night either)...wish that made it back into GT4

melloboy

Nürburgring Nordschliefe has always been a favorite of mine.

Trian Mountain, I never liked. I also hated the original Route 11 in GT1.

I love Trial Mountain!

My faves are also Autumn MINI Ring (great with overpowered cars...), Midfield, and i'm looking forward to race the Nurb!

My favorite is LSIR. Least favorite is Twin Ring Motegi. Man, what a boring track. Lots of sharper corners and hard braking zones. It doesn't 'flow' smoothly, and I hate it.

My favorite track from the beginning since the GT1 days has been Trial Mountain. The first time I drove that track...I was like "wow, this is my track." I also like Grand Valley, Deep Forest, Special Stage Route 5 and 11, Test Course(from GT3, the AI wasn't as retarded as in GT4), Midfield, Gwindlewald(from GT2), Laguna Seca, Cote d'Azur and Seattle. Actually I liked most of the tracks prior to GT4. Of the new tracks, I like Suzuka, Nurburgring, Le Mans(unchicaned), Opera Paris, Fuji 90's, El Capitan, Infineon, and Twin Ring Motegi Full Course. I don't really like the new street courses, especially New York. The only new street course that I like is Opera Paris. Seattle is still the best street course of all of them. I hate Fuji 2005 and I don't like Tsukuba, and Beginner's Course. Even after 40 more tracks, Trial Mountain is still my favorite.

in firts place comes the nordschleife! after that its trial mountain(love that track since gt1 too), then el capitan(kinda reminds me on grindelwald from gt2)...my least favorite track is definately fuji in all variations...just booring this track and in the 05 version, you cant see any brakingmarks on the track...

Nurburgring as my most favorite.
My least favorite must be the Laguna Seca, I just hate how they re-made it 👎

i absolutely hate opera paris, it is hell without the flames.
Midfield is awesome, you can push cars to the limit there, but they made the s-bends harder in gt4 👎

My favorite always used to be Midfield. I used to love the high speed chicane, but it seems like the made the chicane a lot tighter now and I can't seem to go flat out through it like I could in GT2 and GT3. Right now Nordschleife is giving me a lot of headaches just 'cause I haven't been able to totally learn the track, but I can see it being a lot of fun once I get it nailed down.

Trial Mountain and Deep Forest are the most fun to drive on no matter what Class your racing in. I liked the Grand Valley from GT3, but I'm still learning it for GT4. The least favorite award goes to Hong Kong...Too dark, and too many stupid turns. BAH! :scared:

Grindenwald (sp?) was my favourite track at one point, whatever happened to that track? Costa Di Almafi sort of reminds me of it with the uphill and downhill which is probably why it's one of my favourites now.

Does anyone else think that Deep Forest looks plain and boring in GT4 when compared to GT3? Maybe it's just me, but it seems they got rid of the light effects coming through the trees.

I can't really say I hate any tracks. I just find some are pretty boring (test course).

i like a couple and hate a couple
LIKE:
1- Deep Forest Raceway :P
2- Apricot Hill Raceway :mischievous:
3- Nurburgring :bowdown:
4- Cote d'Azur / Citta di Aria :cheers: (great multy player races)

HATE:
1- Grand Canyon 🤬
2- Opera Paris :irked:
3- Twin Ring Motegi :grumpy:

Good old Deep Forest

yeah - Grindewald was a good one as well....what ever happened to the statement "all tracks in previous GT games will be in GT4"!

HSR has been made better, far more flowing than before. Nurb and Le mans too.
Hate both Paris tracks and please never bring back Red Rock Valley

Hmm, I really liked the Special Stage Route 11 in GT1. Those 2 tight corners in the midsection of the track were awesome, too bad the track isn't in in GT2 and 4 and the whole exciting part of it was gone in GT3...too bad :/

Anyway, I'm not a big fan of Le Mans (both circuits) to be honest. It's not that I can't do it, but in my opinion the long straight is too long. I like it when I see Le Mans on tv, but racing it myself...no, not one of my favorites at that point. After the straight(s) the track is perfect, but racing with 400km/h for about 40 seconds doesn't entertain me like all the other tracks without a very long straight do.

I don't have other tracks I dislike (well, maybe Seoul, boring track with 5(?) corners... :rolleyes: ). Opera is one of my favorites in GT4 (ehehe, doesn't seem very popular among the other people here)

i can only remember red rock valley beacuse it was an easy race with a high cash prize in GT2 :sly:
Yeah, deep forest does seem a little dull compared to the GT3 version for some reason

Ok, here goes:

New tracks I love:

Citti Di Aria - blasting through narrow streets
Costa Di Amalfi - great flow and elevation changes, the hairpins!
El Capitan - such a great course all round
Suzuka - Great twists, turns and high speed corners
Infineon - those blind corners and twisty sections are fantastic
Sarthe I and II - Mulsanne straight, linked high speed corner heaven
Nurburg - even though I'm no good at it
Motegi Road Course - Love the section just after the first bridge and then the final few corners into the sun (too few dusk settings in GT4, bring back sunsets!)

New tracks I don't like (yet)

Hong Kong - just don't like it
Seoul - boring
Paris George V - twisty bloody course, need more time to learn it

Old tracks I miss:

Red Rock Valley - Probably just because I miss winning multiple TVR Speed 12's
Grindelwald - Great little track that really suited small cars like the old Lotus Europa
SSR11 from GT1 - that chicane under the bridge in a TVR Cerbera LM (how I miss that car)
Rome Night - Never was used much, had a lot of fun in 2 player games on that one
Pikes Peak - Great for setting up rally cars

Old favourites:

Trial Mountain - Loved it since my first run on GT1 in an FTO
Grand Valley - The older versions were more fun than GT4's, especially that first corner
Laguna Seca - The corkscrew
SSR5 - Prefered the slightly more open layout of GT1-3

I really like all of the new city courses. I especially like the George V Paris course and the way it emphasizes setting up perfectly for each corner. I like Seoul too even though there isn't much to it. I miss SSR11.

As for road courses my favorite new course is Tsukuba.

I like the addition of the Gymkhana course for setting up a car. I spend a lot of time tweaking cars there, even cars that I am not going to race anywhere. I wish the skid pad and slalom had timers though.

I like the idea of the 'Ring being in GT4, but I don't really see what all the excitement for that track is. I understand it is very realistic when compared to the real track, but it seem kind of tedious to me.

My least favorite, if I had to pick one would probably be the Suzuka full circuit. Too many off camber courners leading to sand pits.

suzuka makes me want to die...def. does not fit my driving style whatsoever.

im all about trial mountain, citta d'aria, costa d'amalfi, and el capitan.

My Favorites:
Nurburgring
Circuit de la Sarthe
Tsukuba
Fuji (80s and 90s)
Suzuka
Twin Ring Motegi
Deep Forest Raceway
Apricot Raceway
SS Route 5
High Speed Ring
Super Speedway
Test Course

My Least Favorite:
Opera
George V Paris
Hong Kong
Seoul

Favourites have got to be:

Trial Mountain - I've liked this one since the early GT games
Deep Forest - Same as above
Autumn Ring - Same as above, good to see it back
Le Sarthe 1 and 2 - Both excellent
Nurburgring - Probably the best track ever included in a GT game
El Capitan - Great elevations and blind corners
Chamonix - Reminds me a lot of the monte carlo rally

Tracks I don't like:

Fuji Speedway 2005 and 2005GT - Why all the excess tarmac?
Seoul - Awful, few corners and bland scenery

My Favourites would have to be.
De le sarthe I and II
Suzuka (great tech course)
Trial mountain (always liked this track)
Motegi road course (great high speed track)
George V paris cool rally track
Opera paris (awesome tight road course)

Back