Your Most Favorite/Least Favorite tracks

• Thread starter MelloBoy
  • 247 comments
Fave tracks:
Grand Valley (I love this course, although I like the GT3 one better, especially the Reverse in GT3, with the sunset)
Deep Forest
Nurburgring
La Sarthe I & II
Suzuka
Citta di Aria
Seattle
Infineon Raceway
Grand Valley East Course
Trial Mountain
El Capitan
Grand Canyon

Least fave tracks:
Opera Paris (I hate that course)
Laguna Seca
Ice Arena
Chamonix
Autumn Ring
Test Course
New York

Sjenk
Hmm, I really liked the Special Stage Route 11 in GT1. Those 2 tight corners in the midsection of the track were awesome, too bad the track isn't in in GT2 and 4 and the whole exciting part of it was gone in GT3...too bad :/

I completely agree that GT3 ruined the best part of SS11 👎

Mine are:

Favorites:
-Nurburgring- I am not the greatest at it, but I am gonna practice there a lot later on to get good at it.
-Sarthe I & II-I don't mind the chicanes in II, but I love the great variation of speed and cornering for both versions.
-Monaco(cote)- Used to be my favorite, but then I realized its a little too technical for me, and high speeds aren't too easy to get, and I like a good mix of speed and cornering, but I still like it.
-Deep Forest- I don't exactly know why, but I just like this track. It's just fun to do.
-SSR5- Another cool track, but set at night with cornering and high speeds.
-Infineon (both versions)- Another track where I don't understand why, but I like it.
-Midfield- Fun little track with a nice straight and pretty quick corners.
-Swiss Alps- Still my favorite rally.
-Chamonix- The track looks really cool, but I am not the greatest at it. I plan on learning that track as well.
-Fuji(pretty much every version)- Just another fun track with high speeds, and on some versions, cornering.
-Tokyo- A really fun track that I still enjoy. It's a pretty high speed track, with only a few complex areas, but all the high speed corners make it cool.
-Seattle- A track that I've liked since GT3, which is why I've also learned to like Deep Forest, Midfield, Monaco, Swiss Alps, Tokyo and SSR5. (never played GT2, but plan on it some day)
-Citta d'Aria- A track that I am bad at, but looks really cool, and would be great to see replays of a well-run lap at.
-Test Course- Why else?
-Super Speedway- Just a fun track to record lap times.

Least Favorites:
-Opera Paris- Eh, I don't like it. Its a short track with REALLY slow turns. Not for me. I also think the scenery is pretty boring there.
-Autumn Ring- Another boring track. The scenery isn't the best, and its a pretty slow course. The ring turn is pretty cool though.
-Suzuka (full)-This track is one of my least favorites because if you go off the track, you're in sand, and with all of the turns that are pretty decieving, it gets annoying. Its an alright track besides that.
-Laguna Seca- I used to be pretty good at this track, but I had to re-learn it since it was a while since I played a GT game before GT4. Another where if you go off the track, you go too slow for my liking.
-Ice Arena- Really short with little going for it. I like the scenery, but it's just too little, and pretty slow.
-Twin Ring Motegi (pretty much all versions)- Boring, plain and simple. I just don't really like it.
-Driving Park(Motorland and Beginner Course)- Too short, not really cool scenery either.
-Hong Kong- It looks pretty cool, but it's too slow. I used to really suck at it, but I am used to it now.

Complex string was basically replaced by the nurb.
Why do i hate RRV, long hidden corners and used way too much, and ive done far too many laps around it.

Does anyone else miss MotorSportsLand from GT2? that little bitty track that you could only race in Time Trial mode on the Aracade CD? I love that track.
Nurburgring is my favorite in GT4 just because its hard to learn. I loved Complex String for that reason too.

Least favorite: Hong Kong. I just don't like the flow. Gran Canyon also. I think I would like that track more if the rally physics didn't seem to be messed up in GT4.

Does anybody know whether the Suzuka West short course is used in any races in the game? I looked through some events guide but cant' find any events in the track....

Favorites:

Sarthe: Thought there would be nothing to it but Mulsanne, but now that I have driven it several times I think there is a lot of variety and rhythm in the course. And I personally love the section from the Mulsanne Straight through Arnage and Indianapolis... White-knuckle driving at its best! If you're not concentrating and sweating then you're not going fast enough :cool:

Laguna Seca: Just because of the Corkscrew

Sears Point (I like the old name!): I love the hilly section in the opening part of the course

Trial Mountain: Mostly just because of the big sweeping left-hander at the end of the long back-straight - nailing that one perfectly so you rocket up the hill towards the last set of esses is a rush. (Hate the chicane-thingy before the start/finish line though 👎 )

Nurburgring - I suck at this one but the replays are sweet

Chamonix: - Rallying in the snow is fun, IF you have a good rally setup. Otherwise it becomes very frustrating.

Least favorites:

Suzuka: I agree with the other folks - too many blind off-camber corners with giant gravel traps. A few sections are fun though, so maybe this should belong in the "love/hate" category....

Fuji 2005: A giant parking lot with white lines painted on it. Terrible.

Ice Arena: Feels like I'm in a pinball machine, no place to stretch your legs.

Motegi: Zzzzzzzz

Seoul, New York, George V: I hate these courses with the circles. Seoul is particularly boring.

-----

I actually don't hate Opera - go figure. You do have to have a really good-handling car though...

Citta d'Aria, Costa di Amalfi and Monaco have some of the better replays, and the layouts are growing on me...

I have to say that the new tracks in GT4 seem a very varied bunch, both in terms of racing (which is great) and also graphically (which is not so great but.... hey)

For driving you can't beat the 'ring or Citta di Aria - the ring's so complex and requires so much effort to get right, I find it really rewarding to drive and Citta Di Aria feels so fast and narrow......fantastic.

Then there are tracks that just look brilliant - All the Rally tracks (except Swiss Alps - never liked that one much. Bring back Pikes Peak!), El Capitan, New York, Hong Kong (Hong Kong is a b**** to drive though, no flow at all, I can see why people hate it)

I think PD did I pretty good job on the whole, but some tracks just look a bit rushed (Seoul) and I find some a bit boring (Motegi, off the top of my head). The only track I don't like is Fuji 05. Someone said it looks like a car park and I'd have to agree.

Oh and they left a few old tracks out I would have loved to see - Grindlewald, Red Rock, Pikes Peak and.............Tahiti Road (maybe it was just me who has fond memories of that track, flying around it in a 3000gt Vr-4, nice set of rims........erm sorry, got distracted)

That's my Tuppence for you then (2 cents for American readers)

misfit
yeah - Grindewald was a good one as well....what ever happened to the statement "all tracks in previous GT games will be in GT4"!
I liked this track also. Is it just me or did anyone else notice how the whole track was uphill? You never drove downhill the whole trip around.

i gotta say that my all time favorite would have to be seattle. everything just goes smooth for me on that track idk y. but its gr8!! 👍

i like almost all of the city cources, but i hate the "the ring" because the car when is going fast is very unestable and it always pist me off

Protoform_X
i like almost all of the city cources, but i hate the "the ring" because the car when is going fast is very unestable and it always pist me off
The only car that gets unstable on the ring is the F1... thats it.
Favorite = the ring
Least favorite = either infineon or seoul, cant make up my mind

Trial mountain is my favorite since gt1, and I love nurb' and both sarthe circuits. Not much for motegi road coarse though.

Favorites : High Speed Ring, Autumn Ring, Tsukuba, Fuji '80s, Deep Forest, Trial Mountain, El Capitan and Grand Valley Speedway.

Least Favorites : Clubman stage route 5, Special stage route 5, Cote d'Azur, Fuji 2005 GT, Suzuka, Nurburgring, de la Sarthe, Test Course.

I used to absolutely HATE Infineon, but yesterday I won the Real Circuits Tours race there with my MINOLTA Toyota and now I actually like the track. :)

My favorite is Le Mans and the Speedway in Motegi
My least favorite is Nurburgring and Hong Kong.
Nurburgring seems like its never gonna end. Man the endurance is gonna be a pain in the neck

mclaren777
I've been dying for GT4 to finally be released so I could ask this question:

Does Trial Mountain seem wider?
Trial mountain seems about the same, parts of deep forest seem a bit tighter. My fav. has to be the Nurburgring and Le sarthe, I cant stand motegi though for some reason.

Sharkey
Favorites : High Speed Ring, Autumn Ring, Tsukuba, Fuji '80s, Deep Forest, Trial Mountain, El Capitan and Grand Valley Speedway.

Least Favorites : Clubman stage route 5, Special stage route 5, Cote d'Azur, Fuji 2005 GT, Suzuka, Nurburgring, de la Sarthe, Test Course.

I used to absolutely HATE Infineon, but yesterday I won the Real Circuits Tours race there with my MINOLTA Toyota and now I actually like the track. :)
I love infineon but cant stand Tsukuba (its not that bad just not that interesting). I like all the windy undulating tracks, El Capitan is awesome.

LIKE:

:) El Capitan
:) Capri Rally Course (What its called in special conditions as i forget its name)

HATE:

:yuck: Fuji Speedway '05 GT
:yuck: Ice Arena
:yuck: Chamoux

Favourite: Seattle, La Sarthe, Grand Valley, Deep Forest, Trial Mountain, Midfield, Tsukuba.

Really hate: Fuji 2005, Motegi (really hate), Suzuka, Ice circuits

Like - Fuji Speedway 2005, Midfield Raceway, Deep Forest Raceway
Dislike - Nurburgring, la Sarthe

I dont hate the Nurburgring its just i find the track too bumpy and the run offs are really annoying

sumbodycool
The only car that gets unstable on the ring is the F1... thats it.
Favorite = the ring
Least favorite = either infineon or seoul, cant make up my mind
No, lots fo cars get unstable, part of the fun but it is frustratinug. Try it in a stock NSX-R LM Road car, its damn tricky.

Back