Your Most Favorite/Least Favorite tracks

• Thread starter MelloBoy
  • 247 comments
My favorite has always Been Mid-Field Raceway (Normal). I also like Nurburgring and Circuit de la Sarthe II.

I don't like Opera Paris that much, or George Paris. (Maybe it's just France?)

I like Nurburgring Nordschleife

only have a small complaint though and id of like to have seen the GV east section but use the hairpin and also the full circuit without the hairpin (giving 2 extra circuits)

👍 My favorite is Mid-Field (Normal). I think it is because I have it down cold. It's where I take new cars to test them. It has it all really. Wish it really existed.

👍 BUT, the 'ring is growing on me. At first I hated it. Too long, too many turns to remember. But then I went to Formula1.com and started reading driver profiles in the hall of fame section, many of which included references to the 'ring. These caused me to think of the 'ring more like the ultimate challenge. Every great driver from days of old distinguished himself at the 'ring. So, the next time I drove it--during the German Touring Car Championship--I drove from 6th to 1st for the first time, and I have been doing well since.

👎 I HATE FUJI 2005! Nothing else comes close, in my opinion. No braking points, no racing line on the asphalt (archaeology, I've heard it called), boring, and slippery. Everytime it appears on my TV screen I want to scream. :ouch: The worst part of earning credits by doing the German Touring Car Championship again and again is Fuji 2005!

I love all the city tracks, they're such a challenge.

I detest Apricot Hill and dont have much time for the race tracks from the original like Super speedway and Autumn Ring. Deep forest is the only one I like.

Favourite at the Moment is Opera Paris though Seattle has been my favourite since GT2. The would be up there but I find it boring at times.

besides the nurb, trial mountain is definitely my favorite course, and has been since gt1. the track flows nicely, and the hills make the track superb. the best section of trial mountain by far is definitely the chicane right before the finish.

I like the city tracks also. My favorites are Costa Di Amalfi and Citta DI Aria :D .
The only city coarse I dont like is Opera Paris :mad: I hate it

I personally like Nurburgring, Seattle, Apricot Hill, Fuji 80's and 90's, Midfield, Tokyo R246, Sarthe (unchicaned), Grand Valley (both), and Trial Mountain. No real reasons for any of these, just fun to drive, I guess.

I HATE all three of the Motegi road courses. So slow and boring. I really don't like any of the Suzuka tracks either, although I'm not very good at any of them so that could be a factor - I hated the Ring when I couldn't complete one lap without running into the grass five times, but now I love it. I don't care much for Opera Paris or Hong Kong either. Have bad memories of both.

I can´t say I actually hate a track in GT4, but Hong Kong is really boring! Temporary fave track is Fuji 2005 GT. I love the flow of that track! But all in all, most tracks are fun in one way or a nother.

rodandtodd
Le Sarthe II, love that Mulsanne straight!

Count me in too. I like both versions of La Sarthe but the unchicaned Mulsanne Straight version is definitely where the real fun of this track begins.

Tracks I love:

Circuit de la Sarthe: As aforementioned above, I love both versions. How can anyone not like this track is clearly beyond me...

Nurburgring Nordschleife: This is THE ultimate track in the game. It takes a long while to get used to this track, though. I still like La Sarthe better :sly:

Cote D' Azur (Monaco): The scenery has changed a bit, but the track still remains the same. Nonetheless, still one of my favorites to drive in due to the demanding technicality of the track 👍

Opera Paris: I fail to understand why many players of this game hate this track. I actually even LIKE racing in this track due to its technicality.

High Speed Ring: Glad to see that the track has been brought back in the game. The roads have become a little wider and there is even a bridge section before the S-turn. I have enjoyed driving in this track in GT1.

Tracks I Hate:

Hong Kong: While the dusky silhouette and attractive neon lights are appealing in this track, some of the turns are somewhat unpredictable and losing speed here is definitely a bad thing. Driving Hong Kong in reverse is even worse. The A.I. assumes to be smart in both versions of this track 👎 :grumpy:

Fuji Speedway 2005: Although I don't seem to have that much problems racing around this track, I must say I agree with the others who hate this track. The track looks like a giant airport parking lot.

Seoul: What a boring and completely uninspiring track. PD must have rushed the work of this one.

Here are my picks.

* BEST ORIGINAL OLD TRACK: Grand Valley Speedway. Why? It's simple. This is perhaps the signature race course of GT. How can you hate a track just about this perfect? It's been in all four GTs for a reason. It is a track that's a big challenge for any range of car. Kei, sport compact, muscle car, JGTC, Le Mans, you name it, and this course will keep you in check all the way to the finish line. It's also a very lovely flowing track. And oh yeah, DAMN it is beautiful!
* BEST ORIGINAL NEW TRACK: El Capitain. Why? The look and feel of the track is unique and flows beautifully. If not Grand Valley, then this is another great test of your car's capabilities. Feel free to turn left and right, sometimes even, in succession.

* BEST OLD WORLD CIRCUIT: Laguna Seca. The track is tough, but the difference between a great time and a bad one lies in one turn you MUST get right- the Laguna Seca Corkscrew.
* BEST NEW WORLD CIRCUIT: Circuit de la Sarthe. With both variations, enjoy high speed, precise braking, and not showing any signs of fear.

* BEST OLD CITY COURSE: Tokyo R246. Fast. Beautiful. Fun. Technical. Need I say more?
* BEST NEW CITY COURSE: Costa di Amalfi. I LOVE this course! The scenery is amazing as you're out enjoying beautiful sunshine and whipping your car around the smooth corners.

* BEST OLD TRADITIONAL RALLY COURSE: Swiss Alps/Tahiti Maze (tie). Both courses offer great action. Tahiti is challenging while the Swiss Alps offer high-speed rally action.
* BEST NEW TRADITIONAL RALLY COURSE: Cathedral Rocks/Grand Canyon (tie). C. Rocks will test your car at speed while Grand Canyon can be tough.

WORST votes in the next post!

Now it's time a brother sound off about worst tracks.

* WORST ORIGINAL OLD CIRCUIT: Autumn Ring (Full). I don't know. I've always had a natural hatred for this track. When I raced the reverse track in GT All-Stars here, Most others were flying off the track after the carousel. It's suicide. Rather race the mini course.
* WORST ORGINAL NEW CIRCUIT: Beginner Course. People say Seoul is boring. Well. this is worse. Motorland is a good test track for almost ANY car, while beginner is just a modified oval.

* WORST OLD WORLD CIRCUIT: -none- Only known World Circuit that returns is Laguna Seca. I'd nominate Monte Carlo, but this is not rated as a WORLD CIRCUIT.
* WORST NEW WORLD CIRCUIT: Fuji Speedway 2005 and 2005 GT. Damn it to hell... why butcher this course? I loved the high speeds and trickiness of the 1990s course. If I had to give it a plus, it's that it is the grandstands and garage areas are very nice. Even Mt. Fuji is lovlier than this 2005 rendition.

* WORST OLD CITY CIRCUIT: Monte Carlo. Monte Carlo is a lovely playground for the rich. But when you place a race track there where you're on the brakes for more than 75 to 80 percent, it's not really fun. Overtaking is possible, you just have to be good. Maybe even REAL good.
* WORST NEW CITY CIRCUIT: Citta di Aria/Opera Paris (tie). Citta di Aria cannot be B-Spec'ed, so if you're wanting to commit automotive suicide, here's your track. Paris is a beautiful city. It has an opera house in it. But the track could have been in another sector of Paris. This is pretty much a bad place for a race in one of my favorite cities.

* WORST OLD TRADITIONAL RALLY COURSE: -none-
* WORST NEW TRADITIONAL RALLY COURSE: Chamonix. Whereas Ice Arena would make for some great Andros Ice Racing action, Chamonix is basically the result of when Hell freezes over. It's in a nice environment, but simply put, it's Hell on ice. Or... Hell freezing over.

Like:

1.Nürburgring Nordschleife
2.El Capitan (actually my most fav. track)
3.Deep Forest
4.La Sarthe (especially with a fully modded Saleen S7 👍 )

Dislike:

TSUKUBA!!! 🤬

Cheers,

Chris Criswell
My favorite has always Been Mid-Field Raceway (Normal). I also like Nurburgring and Circuit de la Sarthe II.

I don't like Opera Paris that much, or George Paris. (Maybe it's just France?)

For your information, La sarthe II is in France too.

My most favorite and least favorite is Nurburgring. On a good driving day when wailing down this track it is the most incredible thing. Other days when having a bad driving day I hate it. Blowing every other corner, and with this many corners it is a lot of banging, barely hanging onto fourth or fifth.
But truly I would have to say I love them all. They all have their good points. The test track, (just how fast can you go?). Even Fugi '05 part of the difficulty of making good times at this track IS finding the break points. Laguna Seca remade, is awesome. You must master the breaking/throttle points 'cause if you don't, you loose, isn't sand a *****!!! And boy is there a lot of sand. Trial mountain-all about breaking/entry/exit, plus isn't it beautiful this time. Deep Forest still a favorite. Autumn ring is a cool track. Tsukuba with a 800HP LMP is just crazy, I love it. YADA YADA YADA. Why complain just practice the track, when you finally get it down, you'll like/love it.
My only complaint is not enough races for particular cars. 600hp LM's, 800hp LMP's, JGTC's, Tuner's, Supercars', etc. Beginner, Professional, and Extreme could've had more races. The manufacturer races are fun but no substitute for the above.

My favorite tracks are Suzuka and La Sarthe and Laguna Seca
My least favorite tracks are Hong Kong and The ring .
On those two tracks I seem never to find a nice ritm to race on the track.

You know, I want to know how many of you liked Red Rock Valley from GT2...
That would be my favorite track if it was still there in GT4...
Is Red Rock a real track...Or did they just take it out for no reason(???)
I liked Red Rock...The turns, the heirpens, the straights :drool:
Oh well...
Well my favorite track would either be Midfield Raceway(I like it b/c of experience in GT1,2, and 3) or Nurburgring(aka "The Ring") and my least favorite track would be....hmmm...probably Hong Kong...not sure...I don't like to not like tracks I don't know I like alot :) :) LOL
that didn't make much sense I need to think about that...I really dont have a not-so-favorite track yet :dopey:

L28eT 👍

L28eT
You know, I want to know how many of you liked Red Rock Valley from GT2...
That would be my favorite track if it was still there in GT4...
Is Red Rock a real track...Or did they just take it out for no reason(???)
I liked Red Rock...The turns, the heirpens, the straights :drool:
Oh well...
Well my favorite track would either be Midfield Raceway(I like it b/c of experience in GT1,2, and 3) or Nurburgring(aka "The Ring") and my least favorite track would be....hmmm...probably Hong Kong...not sure...I don't like to not like tracks I don't know I like alot :) :) LOL
that didn't make much sense I need to think about that...I really dont have a not-so-favorite track yet :dopey:

L28eT 👍
Yes, remember that 1.
Banked corners & esses.
As I remember it has the most variety of turns & straights in a track.
Its a made up track.

Can't say I dislike any one in particular, but I am getting tired of Tsukuba. Seems like almost every series (Japanese, at least) uses this track. It is used way more than any of the more interesting tracks.

I think Le Sartre 2 is my favorite so far just because if the knuckle whitening long straight. And I like all of the city courses. For some reason my driving style fits well with a tight course with lots of 90+ degree turns.

jparker_1987
Why complain just practice the track, when you finally get it down, you'll like/love it.
Like your spirit! 👍 Naturally, there are some courses one likes more or less. My favourite is the Ring :bowdown: , and the better I get to know it and the better I get around, the more I love it :D But there are also those tracks ,or better,parts of it, I struggle, because they brake the rhythm, are hard to get the proper line or have some other difficulty (e.g the Rascasse corner in Monaco, the final chicane in Suzuka, etc) So I had and have to practice, may be see how the AI does it, check the helpful videos from famine/daan, and become better every try! Im prefer anytime a tough, challenging course over a boring, dull one though!

I dont like any of the city courses except for Citta d'Aria and Seattle. The 'Ring, Le Mans (unchicaned) are my favorites.

Most Fav:
Nürburgring Nordschleife(also known as the Ring lol :dopey: ) and Le Sarthe(1 and 2)

Less Fav:
Hong Kong

Now in my opinion El Capitan is a great track too one of my fav
Do you guys have any ideas of a track that could be added to gt5?

My favorite tracks are Nurburgring, Laguna Seca and Infineon sports car course. I like other tracks like Tokyo, Seattle, Midfield, Suzuka, Trial Mountain and almost every other track alot too. :)

The only tracks I hate are Hong Kong, although it looks great, Opera Paris and Autumn ring because I'm absolutly horrible at that track

Back