Shortcut keys in GT4

• Thread starter oryan_dunn
  • 99 comments
I've found a couple shortcut keys, but wanted to know if others have found any more.

On the main screen:
L1 jumps to your home
R1 jumps to the country of the car manufacture your currently in
L3 pauses the scrolling text across the bottom

In Home:
start takes you to the settings for the current car your in.

In the menu before a race (A-Spec, B-Spec, Settings, Options, etc.):
square takes you to the setting for the car. - Ryosuke_Gumna

Post race wrap-up:
Start, square, x will bypass the times, points earned, total points - GT4Addicit
Start will skip the replay
Double taping Start, circle, x will make the credits you win drop to zero instantly.

Viewing a Replay:
Press L3 to fast-forward the replay, press again to drop to normal speed - CFM
Press triangle to zoom in on the car the replay is following - ND4SPD

Viewing a Replay in the Replay Theater:
Press select to pause the replay and jump to Photo mode to take a picture.

In the car settings screen:
Press start to make the HP and Torque curves pop up in the middle of the screen - G25RJ

In the pits:
Press x to stop refueling - Solid Lifters

While racing:
Pull down on the right analog stick or press square to use the brakes - krikit
Push up on the right analog stick or press x to go, also called gas - krikit
When using a DFP, the D-pad is used as a viewpoint controller, allowing you to look left, right, behind, etc. - -B-
Pause the game and press select to toggle between the standard display and a HUD that has the DFP wheel and digital tachometer. - fiend.
If your using AT, holding R2 or L2 keeps the transmission in the current gear. - ultrabeat

In Photo Travel mode:
While on a selection at the right (no matter what it is) the shoulder buttons provide you with a toggling hot-jump to the 4 main buttons on-screen. L1 takes you to Camera Direction, L2 to Camera Tilt, R1 takes you to Camera Position, and R2 to Camera Height. - dori-san

When using a DFP:
Select + R3 + Right paddle alternates between 900° and 200° mode.
Select + R3 + Left paddle alternates between 100% and 60% force feedback.

In a B-Spec Race:
Press R1 to go to the Race Monitor, then hold L1 and press left or right to speed up or slow down the race. - krikit
Press R2 to get rid of all the HUD and watch the B-Spec race as a replay.

During a Licence Test:
Pressing R3 displays the correct racing line with blue for Acceleration, white for coasting, and red for breaking. Will only work on B and A licences. - Hypoxiaicon
In tests that use a ghost car, pressing up on the d-pad will toggle the ghost on and off - robmuzz

In a Race Preview:
Press L3 to restart the preview and pause it. Press L3 again to unpause the preview. - supergoop

I'd like to know if there is a button or button combo to return to the main screen from any depth of menus? I get tired of hitting triangle a million times to get back to the main screen.

Edit: I've updated this first post willall the info from this thread.

Great, it will be quicker. I found when you're in the main course (A-spec/B-Spec/Replay/Save Replay/Ranking/Setting, etc.), you can press Square and it will go in the setting..

When in a Championship Race press Start and it will bypass the times, and points earned, and total point scores, and take you to the next screen. Hope that makes sense............

When viewing a replay in the replay theatre, you can press L3 on the DS2 to fast forward the replay to go to the part you want to see. Handy for multi-lap races or the 'Ring.

oryan_dunn
, and start while in your home takes you to the settings for the current car your in.

Ha..cool, That why i jumped right into car settings after started the PS2, I was like WTF, I remember saving my game in the garage screen, now why am i in the setting screen? Now, I know that I must have accidently pressed "Start" button :dopey:

When in for a pit stop, you can hit the X button to stop refueling. It's handy when you don't need a full tank, but need some fuel.

I've heard there are explanations about your car? The older gt games had them on the car by screen but not gt4. I heard they were during replays or something. What do you have to hit to hear about your car?

oryan_dunn
Thanks, its fine the way you've got it. Just post back if you find out any other shortcuts.

Ryan

meh - I don't have time to figure that stuff out, I just have to waste 125 seconds between tries at the nurb for this crappy 1 lap magic stuff....speaking of which....gotta go.

Heres one a lot of people I race with tend to not know about:

If you press down on the right analog stick or the square button during the race, you can slow your car down using something called "brakes" This is especially useful when your going into a turn or aproching a wall. Using these "brakes" can actually give you better lap times. Rather then slamming into walls or swerving uncontrollably off the track as previously thought...

Excellent info, guys! I especially like the bit about skipping the point-counters after a championship race. And I've been "beaming" around the world map since reading the L1/R1 tricks earlier today.. hehe. Thanks!

Except for krikit.. your "tip" is just stupid.

Faster then realtime:
In B-Spec mode press R1 to goto the race monitor. Hold L1 and press the right button to increase the time to 2x or 3x normal.

I never knew about that until recently, so I figured maybe someone else out there didn't too.

krikit
It was supposed to get a chuckle. That one killed in Japan... Oh well.

If you press down on the right analog stick or the square button during the race, you can slow your car down using something called "brakes" This is especially useful when your going into a turn or aproching a wall. Using these "brakes" can actually give you better lap times. Rather then slamming into walls or swerving uncontrollably off the track as previously thought...

Still laughing at that one!

So what do with the noisy peddle? :)

Domejuddv10
So what do with the noisy peddle? :)
I believe that ones called the "go forward" button... X or up on the right analog stick will make you go forward. I've also heard it been called the "gas" button. Not sure of the etomology... I think its some latin based word meaning "to go" 👍

krikit
I believe that ones called the "go forward" button... X or up on the right analog stick will make you go forward. I've also heard it been called the "gas" button. Not sure of the etomology... I think its some latin based word meaning "to go" 👍

Thank you for your expert knowledge in the dark art of "game pad button pressing" 👍

Awesome info. I've been thinking they're had to have been something like that in the game but never really sat down and took the 20 seconds to figure it out :). Thanks for the info man, 👍.

Hey Krikit, I thought that all you had to do was lean left or right when sitting in a chair to avoid hitting a wall!!!! Funny stuff, man, don't let 'em getcha down!!!

krikit
Faster then realtime:
In B-Spec mode press R1 to goto the race monitor. Hold L1 and press the right button to increase the time to 2x or 3x normal.

I never knew about that until recently, so I figured maybe someone else out there didn't too.

I found that out yesterday thanks to GTPlanet! 👍

S31Ender
I've heard there are explanations about your car? The older gt games had them on the car by screen but not gt4. I heard they were during replays or something. What do you have to hit to hear about your car?

Yeh, i'm interested in this as well. Any help?

BTW, thanks for the tips regarding the home page shortcuts!

Back