What car did you bring to the Supercar Championship?

Right now my only real options are my Viper and AMG Merc. Both of them are right around 990HP and I thought would be real competition. I was right! Kinda. I do very well in both cars but the Caddy CIEN spanks me somethign awful, I just don't have the legs to keep up with him in the straights and he walks me every time.

So just curious, what did you guys bring to the Supercar Championship? I am trying to not to go farm credits on Duetche, I want to play this through as legitimately as possible. :)

Tuned M3 GTR won from BMW M Series.
It may not be fastest down the long straights but it will out corner a bunch of those supercars.

Full Tranny
Brakes
Full Suspension
Stage3 NA

At this point the tires become the weak link.

stock Saleen S7, won the series with ease. i always like to approach GT realistically so for example I'd use an unmodified road car in this series and not a car such as the M3 GTR tuned to the specs above. If you don't have the money for an S7, the Ford GT is alright, although I strongly dislike the handling characteristics of that car. Also I find it pretty rediculous that you are getting spanked on the staights despite having 990HP, when I had no trouble with several hundred less. If you can tune your gear ratios correctly, you may not have to buy a new car at all.

ing2ning,
correct. i didnt buy the car. i won it, and in stock form it was getting its ass handed to it.
so i helped it along.
AND even with the HP advantage, if you dont tune the tranny, its a lost cause.
the circuits in that series are all high speed so tranny tuning helps alot.
and REALISTICALLY you would modify the car to fit within the rules to maximum extent.
Lemme know when you wanna take a bone stock Civic to a Civic series that allows turbos, coilovers and racing brakes, etc.. Lemme know alright?

no worries tho, to each his own, right?

Thats a great aspect of this game. There are many ways to win each race.

I used the oh so horrible brake performance Ford GT (I bought it before i knew how bad its brakes were) but I still managed to beat it. (550hp)

I used a 650 something HP Ford GT. If you can figure out braking distances for it (the loooong straight and then a hairpin in New York was hell) then you can breeze this cup.

I used the Cien first then re-did it all in a Speed 12, I'm going to try something with less than 600bhp next time.

live4speed I used the Cien

How in the world did ya slip that one in there?

GT4.gif

Semperfizen1.gif

Fully modded Ford GT helped me to just run away from the pack in every race. Usually after the first couple of turns on the first lap, I was all alone. No one even in my rear view mirror to worry about.

I used several cars.....lol
A highly modded vette z-06 621hp damn near racing everything on it.. (no NOS...lol)
M3 csl , fully maxxed out@ 524hp
and also the m3 gtr@ 622hp

I used my fully tuned CSL and I won the cup pretty easy with that one. I was just about to buy the Saleen but then I thought.. meh, not nesecary to pay ovar 400k credits for that one when I can win with the CSL instead :D

btw: Do you win the Saleen anywhere or do I have to buy it anyway to race the Saleen cup??

I'm using the Chrysler SC300 (I think that's the name.... it's the car with the Hemi).

I'm having a tough time beating the last race though. Infineon

BMW M5

oil change
exhaust
brakes
tires

I swear, you guys dont need massive amounts of hp to win.
just gotta draft, brake late, and out corner everyone else.
granted I usually wouldn't overtake the Cien until the last couple corners of the last lap.

I used a GT '05 car with brake improvement (still a huge braking distance) but I've won and I've tuned it with an I think extra 150BHP with offcourse all weight reductions

Minolta 88C-V Fully Modded.
Wanted something to trounce all others, was in a wee bad mood. Just lost a series and was determined not to lose this one. :sly:

Edit: I'm a moron, had a brain fart. DID NOT use Minolta for Supercar Championship.
Used a RUF CTR fully Modded. Sorry

I don't think you can enter the 88C-V since you can't enter race cars.

I ran a C5 zo6 with all mods....had like 7xx hp. Walked with it. I raced it until i saw it was blowing away the other cars, so I b-speced it and still ran away with the rest.

so you don't need all that. it was al little overkill in the end

Back