Premium
Canada
Vancouver
GTP_Franz
Allright! Let's post your photoshop multiple cars photos here

Here are some of my work

For more Photoshop pictures, please visit my website
http://ca.geocities.com/occcpdf@rogers.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now here is my tutorial for your photo taking techniques

Photo Mode
In photo mode, you can see some camera area. I usually pick a corner of the area, so my camera location will be identical everytime. To get the correct angle, first I have to adjust the best angle I desire and then zoom in alot and check where the center cross is pointing at in the photo. Now if you use capture card, you can take a snap so you won't forget, or use digitial camera or remember it hardly. Zoom out to your desire value and remember it. I use professional setting, so there are 7 clicks between each value. I usually pick the first or the last click of a number. Now remember all the settings you have done. Next time you get a different cars to photo mode then apply the same routine, you are definitely getting the same location and the same angle.

You may notice there are some spotlight spots (don't know how should I call them) for the camera location. It works the same way as those big areas, but you can still move the camera location inside that tiny spot, make sure you move the camera to far left or far right or top or bottom, then you will not mess up your photos

Photo Drive
My simple technique is to find stable and non-chase camera during replay. Stable means the camera location never move. Non-chase means the camera never follow the target car.
How to find it? Go to a track and run a few laps under photo drive or single race(not under time trial). Then playback the replay and check if there is any stable and non-chase cameras. If you see it, take notes to that for future use.

These cameras location usually repeat the cycle at 4th lap, so first 3 laps are the set of cameras you can get. However, not all the tracks repeat their camera cycle at 4th lap, like Nurburgring and Le Mans track, it repeats the cycle at 3rd lap.

Once you found the desire camera, you can start to bring your car to that location and take photos. It is very difficult to place your car to the location you want best because you have to drive to that location without viewing the camera. Therefore you need couple times test and trial to figure out where you should park your car. My tip is, try to park your car to many different locations during the drive session, so you may have a chance that one of the location suits you. For photo taking, the camera 1 always the same as the moment you press select, so I use camera 1 all the times. Other cameras are not stable and non-chase, so it will be useless.

My other technique is about using AI. Drift photos need to use this technique. The avantage of this technique is you can take photos anywhere you like. First you go drive around a track and find the best location you wanna take picture during the replay. When you find a good spot, go take a picture for it, BUT you need to remember your car location and camera settings. Camera setting can be done similar to my photo mode camera angle technique (zoom in to check the cross location). Then you switch a different car to a drive session. You follow an AI car to your desire location. During the replay, change the camera target to that AI car, and take picture of the AI car at your EXACT previous location. The timing is very important, therefore slow corner or slow car will have advantages here. Now apply the same camera setting you have done last time, then you should able to take a photo with the same background with the AI car exactly same location as your first pictures PLUS your 2nd car in a part of your photo. In photoshop, use your 1st car to cover the AI on the 2nd photo, and your job is done. If you want to add more cars, just repeat the procedure but behind the AI more. If you can master this technique, you can make lots of creative photos that no one can imagine that can be done.

Here is a good video demonstration on making multiple car photo by using Photoshop's clone stamp
(Special thanks to Overclocked412 for making this video 👍 )

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FRDZSCC1 (100.2MB)

Download steps:
1. click one of links above
2. scroll to bottom and press "free" button
3. scroll to the bottom again and wait for your download ticket
4. when the link appears, right click and save target as

You can only download one file at the time
so please be patient

for indeo codec, please download it from following site
http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Indeo_Codec.htm

Happy GT4 photoshopping!!

Hey guys nice pics, franz yours was great.

Anyhow I was wondering if someone could write up a tutorial or know the location of one on how to be able to make a great pic such as Franz?

I am not the best as photoshop and would like to know how to do what you guys are doing. I am sure there will be a few others that would also like to know.

fonza
How do you get more that one car in the photo drive/mode? please tell me please!

I just asked for a tutorial to be made but as yet we have no answers, hopefully someone will be kind enough.

all you gotta do is take multiple pics of the same location with the different cars then delete the spaces where the other cars go on the other pic

stumpydino

all you gotta do is take multiple pics of the same location with the different cars then delete the spaces where the other cars go on the other pic

Nice Pic, and your advice makes no sense to me sorry, so ok we make 2 pictures with different cars in it, in exact same spot and location? so both on camera 3 or something? then we load both pics up into Photoshop and thats where u lost me!!! Am I even close or what?

franz
Allright! Let's post your photoshop multiple cars photos here
The general method is to take multiple photos with the same background
and then stitch it with your favorite image editing program e.g. Photoshop

Here is my photo I make tonight ... I name it "One night in Paris"
8 french cars as the traffic in Paris night ... sorry Paris Hilton was too busy :)

For more Photoshop pictures, please visit my website :D

it would be cool to see the real pics of the gimmicks...

eastley
Nice Pic, and your advice makes no sense to me sorry, so ok we make 2 pictures with different cars in it, in exact same spot and location? so both on camera 3 or something? then we load both pics up into Photoshop and thats where u lost me!!! Am I even close or what?

Honestly it's not hard.

Let's say you want two cars in the photo.

Go to photo mode with the first car and take the shot at the location you want. Next get you second car and take a completely new photo, but at the same location (with the 2nd car in a different place :dopey: ).

Take both photos to Photoshop or similar and basically cut around one of the cars (with some of the background too) and paste it over the other photo to make it look like there's two cars next to each other in the same pic.

If you don't get it now, you probably weren't born to do it.

donbenni
Honestly it's not hard.

Let's say you want two cars in the photo.

Go to photo mode with the first car and take the shot at the location you want. Next get you second car and take a completely new photo, but at the same location (with the 2nd car in a different place :dopey: ).

Take both photos to Photoshop or similar and basically cut around one of the cars (with some of the background too) and paste it over the other photo to make it look like there's two cars next to each other in the same pic.

If you don't get it now, you probably weren't born to do it.

Thanks for that. Do you need to do it in photo mode or can you also do it in photo drive. Whats the photoshop and how do you cut around it.

MSPaint SHOULD be able to do it, its just gonna be a LOT harder, what you have to do is get 2 MSPaints running, each one with a different picture that you want to merge, then you have to erase everything around one of the cars, click the select button (the one with the box thats dashed), and under that mess, click on the bottom picture of the triangle and square and circle with the CLEAR dashed box around the cube, and copy and paste that onto the other MSPaint, and paste it on top of the picture, and it should come out right, and make sure on the other MSPaint that the clear dashed box around the cube is selected also.

You can make some really good pictures doing this, but I have a bit of trouble with it because I have to use either default or absolute camera positions, as I can't really get an intermediate camera exactly the same more than once...

In any case, I got all the black race cars! :D
I probably could have aligned them better, but this was just a quick hack job.

Its a bit difficult, what I do is keep the default camera angle and just zoom out or in and count how many clicks back I go, or like remember "5 clicks after 71", and take the pic, exit, go in the garage get the other car, go back to that photomode location, and zoom out to 5 clicks after 71 (each number has 10 clicks before you get to the next number).. but anyways, then just position the car in another location (I keep a mental note of where the end of the car was on the first pic I took.. like "dont go past the 2nd light pole" for the second pic, or whatever). Hope that made sense :P. Now as far as getting them on eachother I open up Photoshop, open both of the photos, and put rulers on both (view > rulers), click the clone button, click at .. I cant explain this. :/ sorry. Ill try to make a video later.

Heres a video demonstrating how to make a double photomode picture in
photoshop. tried to explain it the best I could. Here is the result from the video
"Training".

Video:
http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1NJ8K8LRYB87P0LQKVFGAO58OQ
UPDATED 4/4/05 - Should be working again now. If not ask on the forums,
several people have copies of it, or email me at overclocked412 at earthlink.net

If you dont have a high speed internet connection, it "wont" download.
Unless you have a couple days to leave the computer online :ill:

Overclocked412
Heres a video demonstrating how to make a double photomode picture in photoshop. tried to explain it the best I could. Here is the result from the video "Training".
Video:
(Sorry, I cant upload it, if anybody knows where I can host a 85mb video, besides "yousendit", please let me know! :indiff: )

If you dont have a high speed internet connection, it "wont" download. Unless you have a couple days to leave the computer online :ill:

Do you have MSN instant messanger? If you do I will be on tonight and would be willing to help you. After 6:00 EST.

EDIT: LOOKS LIKE HE GOT IT WORKING THRU "yousendit" and its an excellent tutorial vid!!!!! 👍

Here's a nice pic of the Black Monsters taken by SlipZtrEm and cleaned up by GT3mich over at the GTX...

blackbeasts1ci.jpg

CAMAROBOY69
Do you have MSN instant messanger? If you do I will be on tonight and would be willing to help you. After 6:00 EST.

sure, whats your name on there? (probably in your profile, but im too lazy right now :crazy:). I updated my post with the file (I used yousendit.com, it wont be up for long tho), if you could download it and transfer it to your server (im assuming?.. or do you want to know how to do doubles?) you could do that and post the link? 👍 or I could do the 6pm thing on MSN.

Ravenart > your corvette panorama looks awesome 👍
XVII > both mini are buy-able at dealer, old mini is in its classic section

I added the tutorial at the first page, hope this help for you guys

edit> Black Toyota GT1 looks hot as always :drool: :drool:

Overclocked412
sure, whats your name on there? (probably in your profile, but im too lazy right now :crazy:). I updated my post with the file (I used yousendit.com, it wont be up for long tho), if you could download it and transfer it to your server (im assuming?.. or do you want to know how to do doubles?) you could do that and post the link? 👍 or I could do the 6pm thing on MSN.
I was going to resize the video and post it for you thru "yousendit" but it looks like you already got it working. Excellent tutorial video by the way. I am sure many will learn from it. 👍
I dont have photoshop but if I did that would be great info. I do my stuff in "paint" which really sucks.

Just like it has already been said... find a good spot/settings for the camera that you can remember for the next car. Think of where to place the car in the shot in preparation for any other car(s) you intend to add, and also remember where you put the car and make sure you don't place the other(s) over it's location.

Here's a quick example from my 90th Anniversary Ford photochop...

Take the first pic remembering the angle, and take care to leave
enough room in the frame for the other car to be chopped in:

Then exit out and hop in the other car, take it back to the same location,
pic the same settings and place it in the open space you left from before
(mine was really close, but it ended up working out for me. first try too!):

Then take it into a photo editing program... a good one.
(Photoshop is the most famous, but I prefer Paint Shop Pro 8.)
After a few minutes of erasing and smudging edges together to
blend the two pics, you get your fantastic end result.

If your cars are far enough apart it shouldn't take you very long to merge the two pictures into one. However, mine had the cars overlapping... which makes the process slightly more difficult and much more time consuming. Had the Model T been completely exposed, this chop would have taken me all of 2 minutes, but because I had them so close together I had to make sure the edges looked good so it ended up taking me around 45 minutes or so to get everything just right.

CAMAROBOY69
I was going to resize the video and post it for you thru "yousendit" but it looks like you already got it working. Excellent tutorial video by the way. I am sure many will learn from it. 👍
I dont have photoshop but if I did that would be great info. I do my stuff in "paint" which really sucks.

If you'd like to resize it you can, a smaller version is always good for those on slower connections.. Oh, and Franz, you have a P.M. :)

Back