A car to start GT mode with

This is my first post, so hello everyone at this greatly helpful forum :)

As I'm expecting the game to come out here at this moment and looking forward to get my hands on it finally, I'd like to ask you what was the starting car for you and basically what's your recommendations on the issue.

ice_freezer

As I'm expecting the game to come out here at this moment and looking forward to get my hands on it finally, I'd like to ask you what was the starting car for you and basically what's your recommendations on the issue.

Win the lupo by taking all bronze in B-license. Win sunday cup and try FF cup too. Sell the lupo and buy a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR ('96) in the used car lot.
Try to use the prize cars as much as you can
Off you go!

i got the 100.000 credits from my GT3 savegame and used them to buy a brand new civic typre-r which i tuned a little to 260ps. i had a nice start with that one. :)

I didn't start with any transfers. I basically did what hispeed recommends, though I used the Mazda concept car for the FF instead of jacking up the Lupo for the FF series. I used the Lupo in the Clubman as well.

The first car I bought was a used '96/7 RX-7 RS-R, which was a useful platform for the Japanese car series and the FR series.

Welcome aboard GTPlanet.

Using the 100,000cr transfer is an option, but I think you'll regret it as you'll smoke the competition in the first races. Racing alone and winning by half a lap isn't what i think racing's all about.
You'll quick enough make money , use it on a car you need when you no longer are able to win with the ones you have.
As you get to be a better driver, you can also win more and better cars on the licences and in missions.

Just my honest opinion:)

Whatever you do, don't waste a lot of money modding the Lupo. It won't get you very far. You're better of saving the money for a used car that has more power. I got a lot of mileage out of a Prelude VTEC, but my big money-maker early on was a Lancer Evolution II that I modded up to 350 HP.

I sold the Lupoo and bought a '92 Civic SiR-II. There's one of the early Impreza WRX that goes for under 10 000$ from time to time, too. Haven't bothered to check it out, but 4wd and 240ish hp should make minced meat of the early competition. There are so many cars you can start out with... Sadly you can't really go by trial and error like in the past games.

I started off with a '97 Toyota MR2

Worked really well for me :)

Now i have over 10 cars using this car and its like my 3rd day playing this game

mine rite now has about 418 hp

all HKS tuned

welcome and good luck

ice_freezer

Welcome to GTPlanet! :)

For my first game: Mazda Miata '89. For the credits (9,000), it's a great car. I strongly recommend it. And you will need one for the Roadster Endurance later in the game anyway (at least if you want 100%), so might as well get it.

For my second game: Mazda RX-7 '91 or '93 (I'm going from memory). It cost me about 15,000 credits (I got the extra credits from using the cars you win in the licenses in other races), and it got me a boatload of A-spec points with just nitrous and an oil change from several races (about 100-200 per race).

I got these cars without importing credits, and it gives you a decent challenge. 👍

This also might help you:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54746

Hope this helps,
Duck7892 :)

Hmm I found that the extra 100,000 didnt mean I killed the competition.

I bought 2 cars - the HPA Golf, which got one outing before being dumped back in the garage, reasoning that I needed softer tyres (therefore cash) to make it work.

I also bought a BMW 120d - great handling, goes quite well, makes for good competition in Beginner FR, but also it gets 3000-3,500 per race if you take it to the manufacturer racing. This also gets you an old-skool BMW 2002, which you can sell for 12,500 or so. fairly easy cash early on to get you going. This car has done quite a bit of work for me so far, despite now having 75 cars (I keep buying rare 2nd hand stuff.. must...stop...). It can also enter Schwarzwald Liga A (and win), which gets you cash and a nice car. In terms of entering various race categories, this is one of the better first buys I reckon. But its up to you - just choose wisely I say - and avoid FF to start with. It saved me cos I cant drive FF cars in gt4 atm!!

I got an '01 S2k and am really happy with it. It's a great car stock and with a lightened chassis, light flywheel and better clutch you can leave the level of tuning alone for good long while. It can be used for lots of races and has a really "scalable" performace level -- the car's ability can keep up as the competition gets harder.

I transferred GT3 money because I wanted to buy something I could leave stock for early races and then modify as the competition got tougher.

There's nothing like the feeling of spanking NSXs in a stock-looking white s2k. Freaking sweet.

RenesisEvo
. This also gets you an old-skool BMW 2002, which you can sell for 12,500 or so.

blasphemy!!

actually, i started with the credit transfer, but wanted a car that cost more than 100k(m3 csl), so i picked up a 92 lancer evo something and while that smoked the sunday cup, it was pretty good to learn the game with and was generally fun. There are people a lot more hardcore about completing the game the barest way possible; i just like to drive the cars.

I did the licences first, and started the career off with the Nismo 270r i won from there... then I sold it, bought a M coupe... and went from there.

...started out with an awesome:) '81 celica in red that i still love to drive and with the winnings plus sellin some license cars i bought a LOTUS omega that i must say is a racer out of the book. the car doesnt seem to know its age nor that its got 4 doors! with 550hp its competitive in alot of series. apart from that i imported the 100k and bought a bimmer but i only raced it on the ring in arcade mode and never did any gt mode related racing with it. randomly trying different races with different cars actually works too...the series might be impossible one time and easy as hell the next just try it out.

mbavaria30s
blasphemy!!

actually, i started with the credit transfer, but wanted a car that cost more than 100k(m3 csl), so i picked up a 92 lancer evo something and while that smoked the sunday cup, it was pretty good to learn the game with and was generally fun. There are people a lot more hardcore about completing the game the barest way possible; i just like to drive the cars.

I kept one of the BMW 2002's (green - looks more fun than silver)... I sold the others :P I am a car collector to - much more interested in driving different cars than being "hardcore". Some of these "hardcore" things dont actually really prove anything, apart from how much time some people have on their hands. :scared:

First game - I got my A License, sold the Lupo for about 3,000, and bought a used '97 RX-7 for a little more than 13,000. Can't remember the exact date.

Second game - I got both my B and A licenses, sold the Lupo, and used the Sunfire Concept to win the Sunday Cup and FF challenges. If you're decent, the FF challenge is a fun race with a nearly stock Sunfire, and about 130 A-Spec points a piece too. Then you can buy an Impreza/Skyline/RX-7/whatever you like for about 15-20,000.

You could also do all the license tests first and get the Nismo 270R and Cougar XR-7, which can be used to win a lot of races.

I started off with the licence tests, and got the Nismo 270R. Won a lot in that car. I transfered 100,000 Cr from GT3, but I never used it actually, didn't like to use it, made it too easy, could buy a great car, with which I would have trashed competition, but didn't wanna do that.:)

After that, I bought a 1995 Mistsubishi Eclipse, a black one. Won some races with that one too, and eventually I bought a Subaru Impreza WRX '03 I believe.:D

I started with a Skyline GT-R (forgot which one) using the 100K transfered from GT3. It's a very versatile car and can be gradually upgraded to 700+ HP for the more advanced races.

As many have pointed out, a Lancer Evo is also a very wise choice, and can be bought from the used-car lot for under 10K.

i think an early ninties skyline is a good choice. I personally started with the 100k and bought something half decent (which i cant remember off the top of my head) but my mate started without the cash boost and he bought an 89 skyline GTS-t. That car served him well and ended up with alot of horsepower by the time it was fully modded.

i think i buy more cars and sell a lot then anybody that posted here :| and im 3days into the game :D i sold about 10 cars already
already bought 2 BRAND new ones and 1 almost new (had 10.5 km on it)

but im still sticking to my MR2 suggestion as it took me very far so far.

now i just keep switching cars for different races and competitions

you would be better doing the 2nd rally and win the car for worth 260,000 then you can repeat for money or use te car for all the rallys. erally no point in focusing on one car early in the game since you need all different to actually do the races e.g fr ff 4wb, then the other catagories like lightweight and classics

All I can say is I started with a nice used vr-4 turbo. Plenty of room for tuning. With every race my car got faster. Now I'm at 56.1%, all from a used car. (hint: change the oil to grab the extra hp and if you are a decent driver you will win)

ADestroy88
you would be better doing the 2nd rally and win the car for worth 260,000 then you can repeat for money or use te car for all the rallys. erally no point in focusing on one car early in the game since you need all different to actually do the races e.g fr ff 4wb, then the other catagories like lightweight and classics

thats what i mentioned earlier if you repeat that race it gets you a lot of money providing enough for tuning of the other cars

The Dodge Ram, baby! Some say it`s useful for nabbing cheap A-spec points(it is:guilty:), but I say SCREW cheap, it`s capable of winning a BUTTLOAD of races in various states of tune.

I bought the 1989 Nissan 300zx in the Classic dealership, then I bought a G35 and used that to win a majority of the beginners races, then I bought a RX-7 (FC) for kicks.

bought a civic sir and did it up. then bought a rx7-rs... did the er... tarmac rally with the rx7 and won some crappy toyota rally car worth 250k or something rediculous and sold it. tada!
almost a perfect way to start :)

best way would be get the lupo from the licence test, win the sunday cup and sell whatever you get to get a rx7-rs to do up... do the tarmac rally and sell your winnings.

if you get gready, as we all do... sell your toyota rally vehicle to collect the 250k, then go back and race it again to get the rally car again to sell.... then go back again.... get the picture? :)

4x rally race = 1 million

i started out with a used '90 RX-7......tuned it a bit and had no problems......getting a used car is definatly the way to go at the begining

Back