A car to start GT mode with

ADestroy88
you would be better doing the 2nd rally and win the car for worth 260,000 then you can repeat for money or use te car for all the rallys. erally no point in focusing on one car early in the game since you need all different to actually do the races e.g fr ff 4wb, then the other catagories like lightweight and classics

But U need a car to run those races with.. and that's this topic about. :cheers:

Well, I used the 100.000 credits transfer. But I didn't bought a new car. I bought a used Toyota Supra RZ '97. It's doing great and its a good car for the Japanese Events :)

There I was in the beginning of the game...

I had the 100.000 credits but felth akward using these, but I really wanted to drive the BMW 1 because I contemplainting buying one irl aswell!.

This is where the creditbonus came it and I was happy as a puppy taking my 1 on the track and seeing it winning races quiet easy.

Also won de schwardswald with it winning the BMW race car and with that it was all easy from there on :D

Complete both A & B licenses, Sell the lupo, visit Early 90s garage. Buy a Subaru WRX. Wala, 272 BHP, and can enter the early special condition races to get tons of $$$

I started by buying an Evo IV from the used car lot, which I used to win a Nismo 400R. I souped that up, then won the Fairlady LM Race Car thing. From then onwards I was made.

The first car I bought was the '89 300zx in the classic dealership. I won the first two championships with that one (Clubman and Sunday was it?) and then I bought a RX-7 Infini III for fun, but I only used it for maybe one race, then I bought the Infiniti G35 Coupe and owned with it. I beat nearly all of the beginner championships with the G35.

I got silver on the national licences and used the Honda Dualnote for a fair while.
The first time I started GT4 though I used the credit transfer and got the Caterham 7 & fully modded it... ooops

chinny
I got silver on the national licences and used the Honda Dualnote for a fair while.
The first time I started GT4 though I used the credit transfer and got the Caterham 7 & fully modded it... ooops

LOL, Did you restart the game?

I took the Mazda Kusabi (you win it by completing License A @ Silver) and won easily FF Challenge and others @ Beginner Events and Compact Car Cup (Japanese Champs).

You don't have to mod it, and you win races easily. Then I bought the Dodge Ram and I did all the beginner events again, and some of the pro (the one that I could do with it) to have my 200 A-Spec pts. Then I did some Special Conditions races with it (the first are easy, it begins to be tougher @ Medium).

Then I bought a '99 Nissan Skyline GT-R N1. I mod it to 400 HP approx. and I did the Japanese Championship and the 90' Japanese Car Challenge.

Then I bought a M3 and I did the M-championship @ BMW Dealer. I won the M3 GTR (I did Supercar Fest, and other Pro Events + Euro Events) and.... it goes on.

I'm not so far in the game though... only 19.8% The only thing I hate is that the AI isn't fixing itself when your car is faster, so if you take a hell of a car, it's a walk in the park.

an 80's supra twin turbo. took me like 5 attempts to buy a decent car (i bought a mazda 323 aswell for FF races, which got sold for a civic type r :sly: )

As I have European Prologue and Japanese GT4 I didn't get a money transfer since they're not compatible.

My first car was a used Mazda RX7 GT Limited '85

I transfered 100.000 from my gt3 save and bought a dodge ram 1500 at dodge
tuned it got a drivers licence and bought off road tires to it.. and started to race off road.. acording to me it´s the easyiest way to get fast and fun money and cars at the same time

In GT3, your choice of first car was pretty sensitive. There were really only a handful of cars you could start out with. And only one or two of them made sense as your first car. Not so in GT4. There are lots of used cars that you can afford from the start. And most of them will do just fine.

Just look through the used car listings and find a car you can afford which has one of the highest horsepower to weight ratios in stock form. You don't really have to get the absolute fastest one... just don't buy one that's really slow is all. There's room to choose your first car because you like its looks.

You don't even have to buy a car to start. You can just complete license tests and win a starter car.

The important thing with GT4 isn't so much what car you start out with as it is how you manage your money after the initial purchase. Avoid buying mods. In general, mods are not cost effective. Especially in the early game with starter cars. It's just not worth it to spend 5000 credits on mods in order to win a 2000 credit race. So buy mods as little as you can get away with. Note that this does mean that you'll be able to make money MUCH faster if you're a good driver. You really aught to be able to beat the first several races with no mods at all.

Note as well that mods cost about the same regardless of the car they're being applied to. So don't waste your money upgrading a slow car into a decent car. Upgrade a fast car to become a rediculously fast car. It costs just as much.

For myself, I generally pick only a couple of cars to mod out and leave the rest of them stock or nearly stock. You can win most of the races in GT4 with stock cars.

All that is if you play the game proper. On the other hand, if you do the 100K money transfer, then really... you can choose pretty much anything you like that you can afford. You can mod it all up right away. It hardly matters. There won't be any challenge whatsoever for quite a while until you've gone much later into the game.

- Skant

I used the 100'000 credits from my gt3 save and bought a used 91' skyline, tuned it up and kicked a@#...I must have done the 2nd race in special conditions about 10 times in the first night of having this beast.If i remember correctly though the car itself cost less then 10'000, and with 4wd it was a great starting point..

i didn't use my saves from gt3 nor gtp

so I got a second hand honda civic modded a little not knowing what the AI was like, once I'd got more money re-ran all the early races to get more points and to test out cars

plus I never sell my cars, unless I've got two the same.

out of interest what car did you buy ? and did it work out ??

deadboy1975
i didn't use my saves from gt3 nor gtp

so I got a second hand honda civic modded a little not knowing what the AI was like, once I'd got more money re-ran all the early races to get more points and to test out cars

plus I never sell my cars, unless I've got two the same.

out of interest what car did you buy ? and did it work out ??
#

A used 91' Nissan skyline 4wd monster, it won me so many races, plus i think i got it up to over 800 bhp..👍 Which was nice....:)

ADestroy88
you would be better doing the 2nd rally and win the car for worth 260,000 then you can repeat for money or use te car for all the rallys. erally no point in focusing on one car early in the game since you need all different to actually do the races e.g fr ff 4wb, then the other catagories like lightweight and classics

I did that... and it ruined the game for me!

It became too easy to win any race by getting easy money and buying/modding cars so that every race was a 1 pt race. After a while the game was too boring so I deleted my gamesave and started over. I am at 6.5% and haven't bought a car yet.

Much more challenging this way...

Mr.Slow
I did that... and it ruined the game for me!

It became too easy to win any race by getting easy money and buying/modding cars so that every race was a 1 pt race. After a while the game was too boring so I deleted my gamesave and started over. I am at 6.5% and haven't bought a car yet.

Much more challenging this way...

I cannot see your logic there... having money in the game gives you options, it doesnt make it boring. YOU made it boring for yourself my tuning the hell out of all the cars - why?? Just because you have the money, doesn't mean you have to spend it upgrading a car and killing the competition. I have plenty of spare cash to buy some weird and wonderful cars with, since I keep my cars at low-tune, which makes things interesting. Re-starting to me would be a waste of time. The only time I want a car that will destroy the AI is when 3pts are what you are offered when you get thrashed.

Cash lets you get the cars you want, and also try out different cars/states of tune to get that right level of competition for you.

I'm pleased that in GT4 you can win good cars from completing the licences (even if not gold). The 270R from IA-Licence is a very good car to start with. It can win many race events.

RenesisEvo
I cannot see your logic there... having money in the game gives you options, it doesnt make it boring. YOU made it boring for yourself my tuning the hell out of all the cars - why?? Just because you have the money, doesn't mean you have to spend it upgrading a car and killing the competition. I have plenty of spare cash to buy some weird and wonderful cars with, since I keep my cars at low-tune, which makes things interesting. Re-starting to me would be a waste of time. The only time I want a car that will destroy the AI is when 3pts are what you are offered when you get thrashed.

Cash lets you get the cars you want, and also try out different cars/states of tune to get that right level of competition for you.

Restarting for you would be a waste of time. I have now restarted my game 3 times. The first 2 were with cheats incl. free cars which was fun until I got bored with too many cars to choose from.

My last restart is different. Every car I drive I will use in as many races as possible before I switch to another car. I have just started using my second car.

on topic: take your GT3 money but use it on a car you like and want. Run it as much as possible before you upgrade. You can win a lot of races with just an oil change.

i started gt4 with an hpa golf.

i took 100,000 credits from my gt3 game.

the golf is unbelievable! it has like 530bhp without any upgrades to it and it costs about 31,000cr.

why dont other pple like it?

I got the fun of using 3 cars which I owned in real life. Started with an 85 Rx7, put some miles on it getting a Civic Type-R which I then took to the Rally Course and won enough by selling the toyota prize car to max out a '64 goat (GTO) which I B-speced the 1000 mile series in the European area for enough cash to get me going in whatever direction I wanted. I chose to tweak a speed 6 for el capitan then went and won the cash in the german area with a maxed sl65 >>> CLK touring car >>> CLK-GTR etc.

If I had it all to do over again, I would do it the same way.

I started with a fully tuned evo8 and did the 2nd race of special condition. Recently i moved to the DTM with my fully tuned Abt TT

The Ford Mustang is upgradable to 500+ hp.
I think it cost about 20K, but it's been a while....
Also, winning the Camaro race car really helped;
it's upgradable to ~950 hp.....

I just immediantly sold the Lupo and tucked the 15 or so grand I had away until I needed it. For the FF race, the clubman cup and the sunday cup I just used the Mazda Kusabi since I got at least all silver in "Domestic B". This lead to me having enough money to invest in a '89 Skyline GT-R which I used to win the 80's car cup, and with a little tuning (Racing Intercooler, Stage 1 weight, Racing Muffler), I won the Japan Championship and the Race of the Red "R" Emblem races. Note two things, however. 1, I did all of this in A-Spec, which means more licenses. 2, when I did Japan Championship, there was no NSX, so it was relatively easy. If an NSX shows up, you're screwed.

Back