PS3 Rules & XBox 360 Sucks! (The Official PS3 - XBox360 Argument Thread)

United States
Inland Empire SoCal
SOLID_LIFTERS
Have your PS3 - XBox360 arguments in here. I'll start.

Bill Gates has to be crying in his Cheerios. It's over before he could get really started. The PS3 is far superior to his XBox360. He sucks.

What do you think? Any XBox360 "Fanboys" out there? Ha-ha! Sorry, you lose! Again! Ha-ha!

For you information the xbox360 pad looks like a smartened up xbox S pad, cept in different colours etc. If we are gonna talk rip offs, I could say that the new PS3 pad looks alot like an old sidewinder pad I used to have...but no one cares.

Ha-ha, this guy sounds like he's jealous of the PS3. Poor guy! It must really suck to be XBox360 Fanboy right now!

[Fanboy within]Nah Bill Gates is going to say:it's(Xpos 360) just a prototype wait till you see the real one.It'll dominate everything INCLUDING all the space in your house!:D[/Fanboy within]

Game play footage varies very little from real time in engine footage, the only difference is camera angle.

I don't see what the big deal is between the two honestly.

And how doesn't it "look like game play footage"...? I mean...did you ever think that it's just how next gen looks? The unreal engine is all "game play footage"...yet no one has commented. I mean, what more proof do you need that this console is indeed going to run awesome next gen graphics? Why is there ANY doubt what so ever? They've proved it. Multiple times.

On a side note. Controllers are all about preference. I prefer something slimmer and that fits my hands. The DS2 worked nicely, and this looks to work better. Xbox controllers don't suit me so well, but they are still well designed.

Try to prove this guy wrong, XBox360 Fanboys! You can't! Ha-ha! p0wned!

Omg Omg Xsux359 Sux Becoz Bill Gates Made It, Look At This Cg Footage Of A Console Over 1 Year Away As Proof OV PS3 BEING BETTA!!!!!11!

solid lifters, you obviously have played both machines quite extensivly! Can I have a go on yours please?

OMG OMG PS3 SUX!!!!11! SONY MADE IT AND SONY MADE THE PS2 AND TEH PS2 HAS BAD DVD DRIVE AND JAGGIESSSSEE!!!!! OMG OMG SONY IS TEH G3H!11

Ha-ha, this guy sounds like he's jealous of the PS3. Poor guy! It must really suck to be XBox360 Fanboy right now!

BTW having 2 great machines coming out RULES! I shall be buying both, so HA! I win! On what grounds am I fanboy anyway, is it because I don't gush and piss my pants with every PS3 anouncement? (actually if motorstorm was in game, I'd probs piss my pants).

Being technically faster doesn't allways make a better machine, you all seem to forget that the xbox was quite abit faster then the ps2, but oh no, that was different! :D

I look forwards to your response solid lifters, oh and realise, just because I don't whack off over the PS3, doesn't mean I'm some XBOX360 fanboy.

code_kev
Omg Omg Xsux359 Sux Becoz Bill Gates Made It, Look At This Cg Footage Of A Console Over 1 Year Away As Proof OV PS3 BEING BETTA!!!!!11!

solid lifters, you obviously have played both machines quite extensivly! Can I have a go on yours please?

OMG OMG PS3 SUX!!!!11! SONY MADE IT AND SONY MADE THE PS2 AND TEH PS2 HAS BAD DVD DRIVE AND JAGGIESSSSEE!!!!! OMG OMG SONY IS TEH G3H!11

BTW having 2 great machines coming out RULES! I shall be buying both, so HA! I win!

Being technically faster doesn't allways make a better machine, you all seem to forget that the xbox was quite abit faster then the ps2, but oh no, that was different! :D
The XBox ia a joke, man. It doesn't have the ability to keep up with the PS3. The 360 was made obsolete before it came out! Why should anyone buy it knowing the PS3 is far better?

Solid lifters, have you played either console? No. There, your argument is flawwed. The specs in the xbox 360 are hardly a joke (3x3.2 ghz a joke?!?!?!, hell I wish my pc had that!), anything that can run the unreal 3 engine how it does is IMO pretty damn fast, it just seems that the ps3 is faster. Fairy Snuff. Sony's machine is coming a year later, and is using some pretty radical stuff.

Lets wait a year or two after both machines are out before saying who's pwning who based on tech demos and cg vids eh?

code_kev
Solid lifters, have you played either console? No. There, your argument is flawwed. The specs in the xbox 360 are hardly a joke, anything that can run the unreal 3 engine how it does is IMO pretty damn fast, it just seems that the ps3 is faster. Fairy Snuff.

Lets wait a year or two after both machines are out before saying who's pwning who based on tech demos and cg vids eh?
I don't need to play both. I already know 360 is crap. The games look bad and it can't do what the PS3 can.

We have already seen examples from both Xbox 360 and PS3. So far, Xbox 360 games like: DOA4, Full Auto, etc., look no different than current PC games. On the other hand, PS3 games such as: Killzone 2, Fight Night: Round 3, F1 2006, etc., are far beyond what even the most powerful consumer GPU can do.

Microsoft is already losing this war. Both PS3 and Revolution offer full and complete backward compatibility, Xbox 360 does not. I believe this is the single most important thing in the short term and most likely the one thing that saved PS2.

Right, using your logic, I can say that the PS2 is a huge piece of crap, simply because the xbox is more powerful. I some how doubt your an expert on either machine, we have no idea what they are capible of atm. All we have seen of the ps3 so far are at best tech demos, I'm gonna wait and see before passing judgement.

Look at best like pc games? PGR3 (that's assuming the footage is in game ofc), from I've seen pretty much trashes anything I've ever seen on the pc.

Viper Zero
We have already seen examples from both Xbox 360 and PS3. So far, Xbox 360 games like: DOA4, Full Auto, etc., look no different than current PC games. On the other hand, PS3 games such as: Killzone 2, Fight Night: Round 3, F1 2006, etc., are far beyond what even the most powerful consumer GPU can do.

Microsoft is already losing this war. Both PS3 and Revolution offer full and complete backward compatibility, Xbox 360 does not. I believe this is the single most important thing in the short term and most likely the one thing that saved PS2.
The reason why 360 doesn't have backwards compatability is NVIDIA wants a lot of money. They were the first graphics car maker for the original XBox, and now they're with Sony. MS will never give them money now. Stupid move, BTW. Not being b.c. is going to kill them. Oh well, who cares if they don't.

Beelzebub
competition is good, brings out the best and the worst from both sides.

Bill Gates cares less about competition, he wants to squash it and make more money. How is that good for anyone? Do you think if he dominates the Console industry he would really care much for quality assurance? We'll see consoles with constant updates and patches in their software, lol...outstanding!!!

code_kev
Right, using your logic, I can say that the PS2 is a huge piece of crap, simply because the xbox is more powerful. I some how doubt your an expert on either machine, we have no idea what they are capible of atm. All we have seen of the ps3 so far are at best tech demos, I'm gonna wait and see before passing judgement.
Tech demos that are no different from real future game play. How can it be different? Explain.

The reason why 360 doesn't have backwards compatability is NVIDIA wants a lot of money. They were the first graphics car maker for the original XBox, and now they're with Sony. MS will never give them money now. Stupid move, BTW. Not being b.c. is going to kill them. Oh well, who cares if they don't.

Really, in future read up before posting.

Tech demos that are no different from real future game play. How can it be different? Explain.

Remember when the PS1 first game out? All those awesome demos, that amazing dinosaur, wow! COOO PS1 graphics rule!!11! The the machine came out, and the games looked nothing like it. Happens allmost everytime.

OFC PS3 games will look incredible, don't get me wrong, I'm just saying wait till it's closer to launch time till you start talking crap, that's all. Making things with no interaction, or little is far easier, and the detail can REALLY be pumped up. When you start adding interaction, music, AI, sound tracks blah blah blah blah in, your graphics usually take a turn for the worse. You shall see.

he wants to squash it and make more money

They all do.

Google it your self, but from what I read, the xbox 360 will play some xbox games. So nerr. I'll get a link in a mo.

Oh and please, I'm not having some sony vs MS thing here with you, I'm just trying to point out that your acting like a tit.

this is what i had to say about the x360 in another forum:

some x360 fan
...The X-Box 360 has so much more power under the hood than the first its scary. The first launches, gamewise, will be there to make you drool over graphics. Hopefully the gameplay doesnt make me want to cry. With all the extra power added, game designers will finally be able to make graphics great without all that extra work, and be able to spend more time on great gameplay, instead of making it pretty enough for us to notice it...

so far, the ps3 reportedly has double the teraflops, and double the gpu power. it shows with the multitude of demos, too. i'm not saying xbox sucks, but i'm sick of people still thinking xbox the brute when the ps3 will more than likely be the powerhouse of the two.

i'm completely impressed by what the ps3 has shown so far...several times more so than with the x360. that's being as objective as possible as well. i'll stick by my claim that the x360 will go the way of the dreamcast. it won't die out or be killed off, but it will definitely be swallowed up by the two other triumviri of the gaming industry.

killzone, unreal 3, f1, and vision gran turismo just look absolutely incredible. though the launch of the ps3 will be met by the release of halo 3, i believe sony's launch titles will catapult it to the top in a short amount of time.

i read that last thing about halo 3 somewhere. but, i forgot whether it has been confirmed. whatever. you guys get the point.

code_kev
Google it your self, but from what I read, the xbox 360 will play some xbox games. So nerr. I'll get a link in a mo.

Oh and please, I'm not having some sony vs MS thing here with you, I'm just trying to point out that your acting like a tit.
I don't need to Google it. They said it on G4. The XBox360 will NOT be back-compat. Fin!

The Nintendo Revolution will have better grafics than Xbox360 and PS3... oh wait... it won't...hmm... oh wait I don't care because I'll buy all of them.... well... why do I post here....hmm... not a good thread here guys.... let's all be friends :dopey:
honestly... If I want Halo 3 I need the 360, if I want Gran Turismo I need PS3, if I want Mario I need Revolution... so no need for flaming, especially as we have no Revolution ingame footage at all, no confirmed ingame footage of PS3 and maybe only Test Drive as confirmed ingame footage of 360.... let's relax.... :sly:

Gah solid lifters is such a total fanboy, it's disgusting.

"OMG PS3 RULES, though all I have seen are tech demos, and I havnt actually even seen an xbox 360 in real life, not even been within 20 feet of one, I have declared that the PS3 is better, because it's sony, and the tech demos have better graphics (or CG, but hey, it's all good). Ahhh But I'm too stupid to see the irony that the xbox was far faster then the ps2, but I still bought a ps2."

Stop being an asshole and just enjoy the games. I buy a machine for the games, not to circle jerk over specs.

I think these guys don't have a clue

Good sir, I don't think you have a clue.

code_kev
Really, in future read up before posting.

Remember when the PS1 first game out? All those awesome demos, that amazing dinosaur, wow! COOO PS1 graphics rule!!11! The the machine came out, and the games looked nothing like it. Happens allmost everytime.

OFC PS3 games will look incredible, don't get me wrong, I'm just saying wait till it's closer to launch time till you start talking crap, that's all. Making things with no interaction, or little is far easier, and the detail can REALLY be pumped up. When you start adding interaction, music, AI, sound tracks blah blah blah blah in, your graphics usually take a turn for the worse. You shall see.

They all do.

They don't announce to the world, like Bill Gates, that they are going to release their #1 title on the same day as another console launches SPECIFICALLY to take away sales. Bill Gates, however, does do this. His intent is to kill all competition to organize his monopoly and make as much money as possible.

I think he will hurt the industry more than he can ever help it.

As for them being tech demo's kev....just give it up.

code_kev
Gah solid lifters is such a total fanboy, it's disgusting.

"OMG PS3 RULES, though all I have seen are tech demos, and I havnt actually even seen an xbox 360 in real life, not even been within 20 feet of one, I have declared that the PS3 is better, because it's sony, and the tech demos have better graphics (or CG, but hey, it's all good). Ahhh But I'm too stupid to see the irony that the xbox was far faster then the ps2, but I still bought a ps2."

Stop being an asshole and just enjoy the games. I buy a machine for the games, not to circle jerk over specs.

Good sir, I don't think you have a clue.
You still haven't proved me wrong. Feel the need to call me an asshole, huh! :lol:

As I said before, Xbox 360 will not have full and complete backward compatibility. Only some games will be supported and only under software emulation.

Latest Posts

Back