List of cars that can't be raced in Simulation mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smallhorses

Staff Emeritus
Sorry about this, I'm sure its probably out there already somewhere, but I've searched for "Cars you can't race", "Can't race" and nothing comes up at all.

*edit* just tried "Special Cars" too, but most references come up about "Special Conditions"

There's also nothing in the FAQs about it either. Perhaps a list should be added to one or both of the FAQ sections. ;)

Is there a list of the cars in GT4 which cannot be entered into simulation mode races? Does anyone know where to find it, and what restrictions there are on entries? e.g. Tank Car.
I don't own a lot of the vehicles in GT4 yet, and have seen that some can't be entered in certain races, or are only eligible to drive on 1 track, e.g. Auto Union Streamliner.

You can lock this once we've found or created a list here. :cheers:

*edit* Thanks to everyone who helped out here. 👍 List added to post #1 for easy reference.

Auto Union V16 Type-C Streamliner 1937
Benz Patent Motor Wagen 1886
Caterham Fireblade 2002
Chrysler Prowler 2002
Daimler Motor Carriage 1886
Ford Model T Tourer 1915
Jay Leno Tank Car 2003
Nike One 2022
Toyota Motor Triathlon Race Car 2004

I know you cant drive these cars in races:-

Caterham 7
1896 Daimler wagon
1896 Benz wagon
1937 Auto Union streamliner.
Toyota Triathalon MTRC
That stupid Nike thing
I think that the jay leno tank car is also unable to be raced.
Chrysler Prowler

chinny
I know you cant drive these cars in races:-

Caterham 7
1896 Daimler wagon
1896 Benz wagon
1937 Auto Union streamliner.
Toyota Triathalon MTRC
That stupid Nike thing
I think that the jay leno tank car is also unable to be raced.
Chrysler Prowler

T-Ford

Leonidae
who would want to race these cars? some of them are plainly undriveable.. :indiff:

I love the Tank Car. Not that's it's the best peforming car out there. It's definitely not. But i ran it stock standard around Nurb and ran 7'59

Leonidae
who would want to race these cars? some of them are plainly undriveable.. :indiff:

I agree on some of the cars, but the Caterham 7 has to be one of the coolest cars ever. This car is built for driving pleasure and nothing else. Its just one of the few cars, that can give you the real feel of racing and still being affordable.

And thats why it suck that it cant be used in any of the races... guess the PS2 cant handle 6 cars with animated drivers 👎

Just my opinion :dopey:

Leonidae

I agree with you in some respects, some are not really raceable, e.g. the patent wagon & motor carriage, but the fireblade certainly is, the auto union could have a shot at some of the races too. As far as wanting some of them, you don't get much choice! All bar one are prizecars!

So our unraceable list looks like this so far:-

Auto Union V16 Type-C Streamliner 1937
Benz Patent Motor Wagen 1886
Caterham Fireblade 2002
Chrysler Prowler 2002
Daimler Motor Carriage 1886
Ford Model T Tourer 1915
Jay Leno Tank Car 2003
Nike One 2022
Toyota Motor Triathlon Race Car 2004

Is this the definitive list now? Thanks to all who've contributed. :cheers:
Once I had a few confirmations I'll request that the list be included in the FAQ section.

To the best of my knowledge there are no more cars that can't be raced. Some of them can race in the arcade mode against one other car and I can't remmber trying it but I think some of them can race in the special conditions hall too.

I'm pretty certain the original Dahatisu Midget (the 3-wheeled one) can't be used in Simulation mode races.

That's the only car I can think of that isn't already on the list.

I'm pretty sure hispeed made a mention of winning the Lightweight K-Car Cup in a modified '63 Midget somewhere in the Stock Car thread, so I think it can be raced.

Simplest way to figure this out is to get in your '63 Midget and try to enter a Sunday Cup or Lightweight K-Car race in it. I'd try, but I'm in the middle of an enduro, so I can't just at the moment!

Ahhh... when I saw it couldn't be taken to have its oil changed, I didn't bother to try and race it because I assumed it was "special" like the game told me...

But it's really only "sorta special" :dopey: ... can't have its oil changed or be washed... but it CAN be modified and it CAN be raced.

38 PS fully tuned! 👍

I never said you tuned it for the Stock Car thread, merely that you'd mentioned having done it in the Stock Car thread!

I gave you one of these for it too! :bowdown: ;)

Smallhorses
I never said you tuned it for the Stock Car thread, merely that you'd mentioned having done it in the Stock Car thread!

I gave you one of these for it too! :bowdown: ;)

Okidookie.

If the special cars can't get their oil changed at GT Auto, it means that it doesn't become "worn out".

Is this correct, can anyone confirm there is no loss of horsepower from , say, the Polyphony Gran Turismo F1 due to not being able to change the oil ?

CJ350
Is this correct, can anyone confirm there is no loss of horsepower from , say, the Polyphony Gran Turismo F1 due to not being able to change the oil ?

Yes, that is so. I guess they wanted to remove variations between the cars.

the nutshell for the non raceables is any vehicle with open wheels...the weird exception is the Autounion...
what sucks is that most of them are untunable as well. i'd LOVE to take the T out and lay a patch with it

oh...the original migit IS avail in arcade competiton.

all conviritbles with no option of having a roof cannot be raced

That SUCKS! Then again I dont have the game, I want it so much, hell I dont have anything Id kill for a PS2 and GT2

FastEddie12
Yes, that is so. I guess they wanted to remove variations between the cars.

Though something i dont quite understand is WHY they cant be raced. Some cars dont deserve to be raced, but why cant we? The Prowler is one Ive been dying to race since i got the game. The Caterham, i also want to race it. Why PD?

It's raceable in every mode except off road tracks, every car not on that list in post 1 is raceable on at least all the road tracks in Sim and Arcade mode's, some car's on the list are raceable in arcade mode in 1 on 1 races.
ImprezaAddict
Though something i dont quite understand is WHY they cant be raced. Some cars dont deserve to be raced, but why cant we? The Prowler is one Ive been dying to race since i got the game. The Caterham, i also want to race it. Why PD?
Because the PS2 can't render the fully animated drivers and 6 car grids, some car's like the Caterham and Prowler can race one on one with another car in arcade mode.

live4speed
It's raceable in every mode except off road tracks, every car not on that list in post 1 is raceable on at least all the road tracks in Sim and Arcade mode's, some car's on the list are raceable in arcade mode in 1 on 1 races.
Because the PS2 can't render the fully animated drivers and 6 car grids, some car's like the Caterham and Prowler can race one on one with another car in arcade mode.

i dont get it.

system power and memory overload. which is why even on the 128 (can't remember the generation) console PS2 can't put more than 6 cars on right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back