/// Krame's Gallery /// Updated: 9/24/07 - "Tournament entries and extras"

• Thread starter Krame
  • 2,171 comments
Really good work once again!! Love this last Impreza shot, very sexy!!!
Your muscle car shot is also good, quite unique IMO!!
Well done:)

Thanks ntx. Took me a long time to find the perfect angle for that shot.

How do you get those brake callapers so clean on that blue skyline?Very nice work!:sly:👍

Thanks man.

You've got to be the smoothest PS'r here man, all your shots are so nice and very easy on the eyes.

I like your rim choice on the STI, where'd you get them if I may ask.

Interesting color choice for the charger, you made it look great, the shine is really nice on it. Reminds of a show car you'd see a some fancy auction.👍

Thanks loon. I never noticed it but I think I see what you mean about my shots being easy on the eyes. I guess its the fact that I like to use neutral colors a lot. The rims on the STi are enkeis.

Very impressive updates lately krame. The best has to be that ultraclean impreza. Very inspiring to do a gt4 update once again...
You and the imprezas. :) Must be update nr 20 with one of those.

lol, its got to be more than the 20th subaru update. I cant help it, I love the scoobies to much. I love your TT updates but it would be cool to see some more gt4 updates from you.

That impreza might be one of the cleanest pic's I've ever seen on GTP until now...

Thanks a lot vince!

Awesome update man. The preza is very clean, and you really did a good job of making that charger shot something special-despite it being a very simplistic shot...nice update!

Thanks DP. Thats what I love the most about the charger shot too, its simplicity.

I keep coming back to check your updates.

Latest few pics are sooo sweet!

One of the most impressive galleries here!

:bowdown: Hail Krame!!!

Thanks for the great comment man!

Another wide angle shot that makes me go work on my own piece. Awsome Krame realy aswome. 👍

Thanks LG. I really love wide angle shots.

that's awesome Krame!!!! your entry shot is quite smooth, same with the other Impreza shot. never thought they would look good with Enkei wheels on them. i just love how you bring out the details of the wheel really well. i used to ignore them until i started to actually watch your work every now and then. they look very vectorized, same with the rest of the car. the muscle car shot is a good one too. but, i was gonna ask you how you do clean up on the wheels and how you make them look like they do, specially on your last update with the Rays wheel. i would love to know. coz everytime i try and clean up the wheel, it ends up looking so blurry. anyways i look forward to your next update.

Thanks a ton jgda. I really dont try to make the cars look so vectorized, I just go overboard with the cleanup. When I cleanup my wheels I pretty much use the same technique as with the body. I use the lasso tool to select the individual spokes and the lip of the wheel and basically smooth and correct their shape with the smudge tool. Takes a good amount of time but worth it imo.

Both pictures are awesome indeed but the WRX is definitely very good looking
the style reminds me some of your earlier updates ... super clean + cartoonish 👍

Thanks franz! I got carried away with the cleanup on the STi, I was really trying to make it look more realistic but it ended up looking more vectorized than realistic.

Ogh! Very beautiful STi man!

Salu2.alexwrc

Thanks alex!

I was actually working on this for my entry for the tournament qualifying round. But I realized halfway through cleaning it up that it wasn't a Japanese or US car. lol, I'm an idiot :dunce: . I submitted another shot which I think is much better that I'll post up when the poll goes up.

The clean up is really good but I think you can use higher contrast to show some metallic feel to it, or may be using some sharper reflection may help. I guess you still experimenting curve blur right? for low angle like this, the curve angle is very miminal, so doing a straight motion blur would look rather nice. Even try to merge 2 motion blurs with slight different angles look better imo. From my experience, this location is very bad for curve blur, best for straight blur because of the tile formation. It would be much much nicer to blur the whole floor into 1 colour, then apply noise and curve blur afterward. Hope this help :)

yeah, the clean ups awesome other than the slight over lap of the rim over the wheel arch. where the rim (not the tyre), meet with the wheel arch is the place im refering to.

i have to say i've learned a few things reading yours and other people's comments in this update. great work yet again! thanks for the advice btw.

Nice, i got the same collor charger!:sly:

Thanks, Its an odd but nice color for the charger.

The clean up is really good but I think you can use higher contrast to show some metallic feel to it, or may be using some sharper reflection may help. I guess you still experimenting curve blur right? for low angle like this, the curve angle is very miminal, so doing a straight motion blur would look rather nice. Even try to merge 2 motion blurs with slight different angles look better imo. From my experience, this location is very bad for curve blur, best for straight blur because of the tile formation. It would be much much nicer to blur the whole floor into 1 colour, then apply noise and curve blur afterward. Hope this help :)

Thanks for the tips franz. I definitely agree with everything you said. I'll have to try at those techniques next time I do a curve blur at this angle.

Can say your BEST SHOT ever imo. But must wait till i see the one you enter. :D

Thanks LG!

[empty space];2680325
yeah, the clean ups awesome other than the slight over lap of the rim over the wheel arch. where the rim (not the tyre), meet with the wheel arch is the place im refering to.

Thanks empty. Yea, I see what your talking about. Actually after looking at it that lip on the fender doesnt look completely right.

i have to say i've learned a few things reading yours and other people's comments in this update. great work yet again! thanks for the advice btw.

Thanks jgda. Glad I could help you out.

WOW!!!!
That is amazing! I certainly prefer the gaussian blurred one as it looks much better than the other one. The car is super clean and super-ly good. It is a car you don't see very often on GT4 so it makes a nice change to see it in action (well not really). Great work Krame!

👍

im not sure which i prefer. the one with the back round blur, the blur is too blurry. where as the other, the sharpness of the back round detracts from the car. any chance we could see an inbetween point?

Holy cow Krame, this is definetly a must see. Very clean lines and very smooth. Great job on the chrome grill and rims. I like the angle you chose, how the rear end seems to go a bit farther then natural.

The half gaussian makes it seem more realistic too.👍

i like this update, but i just wish the body was a little bit sharper and had more mettalic shine to it. personally, i like the background without the blur, since i think the gaussian blur on the background is a little bit much already considering the way the car looks. after all, why waste a perfectly fine scenery? :) just my two cents, but i have to admit the xb looks very clean. it looks like another video game screen shot! great textures on the road too. hope to see more from you krame!

Gotta love your recent updates!!!
The BMW...thats a power shot, great capture U got there!!!
This last update I like both versions, but the one with gausian blur looks better. Clean as hell, cool reflections and great quality!!!
Always good to come here Krame!!
:cheers:

WOW!!!!
That is amazing! I certainly prefer the gaussian blurred one as it looks much better than the other one. The car is super clean and super-ly good. It is a car you don't see very often on GT4 so it makes a nice change to see it in action (well not really). Great work Krame!

Thanks! The cleanup on this one took awhile because of the reflections. Even though the car isn't extremely attractive, I think its still pretty photogenic.

[empty space];2681082
👍

im not sure which i prefer. the one with the back round blur, the blur is too blurry. where as the other, the sharpness of the back round detracts from the car. any chance we could see an inbetween point?

Agree with you completely ES. I couldn't decide which I liked better and how much blur to add.

Very snazzy Krame, anyway keep up the great work.

Thanks TVR!

Holy cow Krame, this is definetly a must see. Very clean lines and very smooth. Great job on the chrome grill and rims. I like the angle you chose, how the rear end seems to go a bit farther then natural.

The half gaussian makes it seem more realistic too.👍

Thanks! I'm a sucker for any type of wide angle shot.

i like this update, but i just wish the body was a little bit sharper and had more mettalic shine to it. personally, i like the background without the blur, since i think the gaussian blur on the background is a little bit much already considering the way the car looks. after all, why waste a perfectly fine scenery? :) just my two cents, but i have to admit the xb looks very clean. it looks like another video game screen shot! great textures on the road too. hope to see more from you krame!

Thanks for the great comments jgda. I really like the blur cause it adds to the perception of depth of field but like empty space said, it would probably look better if there wasn't so much blur.

Gotta love your recent updates!!!
The BMW...thats a power shot, great capture U got there!!!
This last update I like both versions, but the one with gausian blur looks better. Clean as hell, cool reflections and great quality!!!
Always good to come here Krame!!
:cheers:

Thanks for dropping by NTX!

it almost looks like you are cell shading the pictures a little bit.

Pretty much. When I clean up my pics I separate the reflections and shadows with sharp lines which gives it that look.

i absolutly love what you did with the M3 and the Scion. I have no idea how you get it sooooooooooooooooo clean. just amazing work:drool:

Thanks man! Not that hard to clean up really, just lots of work.

Looks like you've tried out my tip, it looks sweet 👍

Can't say anything negative, typical Krame shots 👍 However, keep in mind that the nearer the camera is to the ground, the harder it is to get a realistic surface look with the sandstone filter. I've noticed that when applying the filter before colouring and changing levels and such, gives the sandstone texture more depth as it were 👍

Great work! :cheers:

Great update Krame, as always.;)

I don't think it was nessesary to put "must see" in your Galleries title, because as we all know, every update you make is a Must See.

i see you added some lens flare to the headlights. not a bad idea, looks pretty good actually. did u enlarge the wheels too ? anyways a great update yet again.

i like it. perhaps a little bit more exposure or contrast, if not both, would make it look nicer, but i love the photo as it is though.

Back