/// Krame's Gallery /// Updated: 9/24/07 - "Tournament entries and extras"

• Thread starter Krame
  • 2,171 comments
Cool shot, Krame!

I like the angle, the tones, cleanup is smooth and very well done, that Z badge always loks awesome up close... 👍
Only one thing bugs me, the lines. They're extremely well done and dodged, but it seems that the one on the hood has it's light source from a different point that the ones on the side of the car, either one or the others should have the lighter area on the other side. Or maybe not and I'm just being stupid.

But I really like it, that's just a minor detail. :)

[empty space];2656565
very nice 👍

a: its a 350z ... instint <3

b: good angle, clean and good sence of speed without over doing it.

👍

Thanks man. Yea, I love the 350 too, the design of the car just looks so clean.

M3: Looks very clean! 2nd shot's tone is kinda unmatched. 1st and 3rd are better because of B&W
Subie: Best of recent update, maybe you are so passionate with WRX, so extra effort has been taken. The wheel blur is perfectly done and the reflection is the gold!
GS: I always love black VIP sedan with bling wheels, the location is a wise choice, looks like Japanese mafia having a drink. Very good clean up like the subie, but the rim could be sharper I think.
350Z: now we are speaking elegant! Although some parts are a bit rough, the reflection on the door and door lines take the win 👍

Really appreciate the comments franz. Your definitely right about the STi shot, since I love them so much I did spend much more time with that one than the other shots. And the 350, I decided to use the GT4 blur for the wheel, hence why its not so clean and round.

yo krame. here are my thoughts on the last two pages: :drool:

the blue STI has great cleanup. the calipers look gorgeous. and i know they dont look that good in game, so i see lots of effort. (i test drove a '07 WRX today!) i thought you might be excited for me ;) :lol:

the GS is simply gangsta.

and the Z is very stylish. the rims are a bit messy though, compared to the others. gret body lines i must say! very nice work! 👍

edit: page 99; those beemer pics are awesome. all three have neat focuses.

Thanks! The STI was my favorite update out of my recent ones. How did you like the Subie you test drove. Are you planning on getting one?

Very very suave work man! I love the first GS shot! The desaturated background adds a really dark feel to the shot, which is GREAT!. As for the Z shot, the blurring and the car is just top notch! The blurring is absolutely perfect and the car is spotless. Suave man, just suave.

Thanks FA.

Very, very nice; very smooth. But I must say, how do you go about cleaning up? I've usually followed the traditional method of lens blurring certain reflections and then blended the similar reflections together with the smudge tool. But now I've found myself looking for ideal settings to which. Would you be able to shed some brief light on this? Your cleaning of the vehicles as well as Bram's are particularly appealing

Well, in short the way I cleanup my shots are I start by changing levels. For the the cleaning of the car I use the lasso tool to select major parts of the car like reflections and such, then smudge them with the smudge tool. Thats what brings out certain parts of the car and gives the crispness to them.

Cool shot, Krame!

I like the angle, the tones, cleanup is smooth and very well done, that Z badge always loks awesome up close... 👍
Only one thing bugs me, the lines. They're extremely well done and dodged, but it seems that the one on the hood has it's light source from a different point that the ones on the side of the car, either one or the others should have the lighter area on the other side. Or maybe not and I'm just being stupid.

But I really like it, that's just a minor detail. :)

Thanks man. The reflection on the hood and the door lines are where they were in the original, I just made them stand out more.

Thanks! The STI was my favorite update out of my recent ones. How did you like the Subie you test drove. Are you planning on getting one?

it was awesome. "urban grey" color and leather options with the sun roof. it also had the SPT short shifter and momo knob. only 2500 miles on it which is still practically brand new. i was impressed with the ergonomics and refinement. all the compartments and instruments were within my reach and the seat had awesome adjustment range. i was able to make myself very comfortable. it felt like i was driving a forty thousand dollar car. it had plenty of power too. the boost came on strong in the first three gears i tried. i couldnt pull hard through fourth because i was already speeding by 25mph. the dealer also advised i stay out of high RPM's. i can sum it up by saying it was fast enough to make me concentrate on my shifting and clutching more than usual. i did notice that it lacks immediate torque when trying to start it rolling. it needed a heafty Japanese on the accelerator to move it into traffic. i never stalled it, but i bogged it twice leaving the dealership. its easy to get used to though. does your car have the same characteristic?

i dont intend to buy one. im a poor student for a little while yet. im just an enthusiast that is getting pretty good at convincing sales associates to let me drive their cars. :D maybe some day. i definitely would buy one if i had twenty-five thousand dollars dormant. 👍

Long time since I've been here...Anyway, that 350Z looks awesome Krame, really clean, the door and hood lines are just spot on and I love the colours! :cheers:

And that Subby looks awesome as well, I can't believe how good you're at manual wheel blurring, keep it up! 👍

Another great update Krame!! The car is full of quality, very well cleaned...and the blur is just on the spot!! I also like the "quality" of the rims, very nice indeed!!
Well done once again!!!👍

it was awesome. "urban grey" color and leather options with the sun roof. it also had the SPT short shifter and momo knob. only 2500 miles on it which is still practically brand new. i was impressed with the ergonomics and refinement. all the compartments and instruments were within my reach and the seat had awesome adjustment range. i was able to make myself very comfortable. it felt like i was driving a forty thousand dollar car. it had plenty of power too. the boost came on strong in the first three gears i tried. i couldnt pull hard through fourth because i was already speeding by 25mph. the dealer also advised i stay out of high RPM's. i can sum it up by saying it was fast enough to make me concentrate on my shifting and clutching more than usual. i did notice that it lacks immediate torque when trying to start it rolling. it needed a heafty Japanese on the accelerator to move it into traffic. i never stalled it, but i bogged it twice leaving the dealership. its easy to get used to though. does your car have the same characteristic?

i dont intend to buy one. im a poor student for a little while yet. im just an enthusiast that is getting pretty good at convincing sales associates to let me drive their cars. :D maybe some day. i definitely would buy one if i had twenty-five thousand dollars dormant. 👍

Thats awesome. I haven't driven the newer imprezas, but supposedly the turbo lag is much less. The older are worse. You should jump into the subie world. :)

Wonderful job mate ! That 350Z is fantastic...great skill you have :)

Thanks jeremy!

Damn, Krame is still awesome :lol:

Nice retouching. It's sharp as hell!

Thanks man. I spent a lot of time getting the cleanup perfect.

:lol: Tell me about it. After all this time, I STILL haven't caught up to him. Must....try......harder......

hahaha, your pics are still gorgeous, we just have different styles of editing.

Long time since I've been here...Anyway, that 350Z looks awesome Krame, really clean, the door and hood lines are just spot on and I love the colours! :cheers:

And that Subby looks awesome as well, I can't believe how good you're at manual wheel blurring, keep it up! 👍

Thanks a lot Bram. Everyone seemed to enjoy the sti shot the most, as do I. I still cant believe how good the rear wheel blur came out.

Another great update Krame!! The car is full of quality, very well cleaned...and the blur is just on the spot!! I also like the "quality" of the rims, very nice indeed!!
Well done once again!!!👍

Thanks NTX.

I like the style you've chosen for this photo, selective colour works well here. But the car has been cleaned up in such a way that it looks really vectored to me. I know I've done that myself in the past too though!

Beautiful one ... I agree it is a bit vectorish but not overdone
I think the body is lacking reflection, that's why it doesn't look realistic
however the combo of style and location is wonderful indeed

Lovely M3, very very neat. The overall image is now much more bright, and I have to say the subltle red filter to the background is a great idea! It's very friendly with the car.

I also like the Z. It's a bit artificial, but the metallic orange catched my eye. All surfaces are not brutally cleaned, keeping some interesting texture. The car looks very cool indeed.

Salu2.alexwrc

It's all been said, really.
Good to see stock rims (they're beautiful and extremely well modeled). It could habe beneffited from slightly angled wheel, even by a few degrees to give it a less stactic appearance.

Cleanup is extremely well done as always, but the lack of reflections makes it look a bit flat. Maybe a few dodged spots here and there would create a more 3D look?
All lines are reworked perfectly, especially door lines (thin and dodged in the exact amount).

Also like alex said, very well thought on the subtle red tone on the background, as to not be so harsh between a strong hot color and B&W. 👍

[borat] nice! [/borat]

those rims are gorgeous. thank you for not going after market for the picture

Thanks lm, I think the stock M3 wheels look amazing too.

Amazing shots!

Thanks!

[empty space];2661719
nice 👍

Thanks empty!

I like the style you've chosen for this photo, selective colour works well here. But the car has been cleaned up in such a way that it looks really vectored to me. I know I've done that myself in the past too though!

Thanks mog. I really just picked this location for the sky. I do agree with with the vectorized look, I got carried away trying to make the car look extremely clean.

Beautiful one ... I agree it is a bit vectorish but not overdone
I think the body is lacking reflection, that's why it doesn't look realistic
however the combo of style and location is wonderful indeed

Thanks franz. Yea, too much cleaning. I dont now if you or anyone else noticed but the car was taken at another location and I just put it into the Brooklyn backdrop.

Lovely M3, very very neat. The overall image is now much more bright, and I have to say the subltle red filter to the background is a great idea! It's very friendly with the car.

I also like the Z. It's a bit artificial, but the metallic orange catched my eye. All surfaces are not brutally cleaned, keeping some interesting texture. The car looks very cool indeed.

Salu2.alexwrc

Thanks a lot alex. I loved the idea of the m3 shot but the car turned out looking like it was pasted into the picture, which it was.

It's all been said, really.
Good to see stock rims (they're beautiful and extremely well modeled). It could habe beneffited from slightly angled wheel, even by a few degrees to give it a less stactic appearance.

Cleanup is extremely well done as always, but the lack of reflections makes it look a bit flat. Maybe a few dodged spots here and there would create a more 3D look?
All lines are reworked perfectly, especially door lines (thin and dodged in the exact amount).

Also like alex said, very well thought on the subtle red tone on the background, as to not be so harsh between a strong hot color and B&W. 👍

Thanks for the comments and tips. Yea, I do agree with you and everyone else that the car looks a little flat with no reflections.

Very nice cleanup. I like the composition as well. It does remind my of Lightning McQueen in the movie, Cars, when he's posing for the cameras and saying "kachow!" :D

WHOA!!!!!!!!
SUAVE!!!!!!! I love how clean and smooth the car is and the camera angle is just AWESOME! The car looks like it's ready to jump right out of the picture! I love it man!

very nice 👍 im a big fan of bug eye shots like that one. the only nit pick is the lose of the hard line that runs from the wheel well to the center of the hood that outlines the headlight.

I used that combination in one of my updates, so it's evident I like it LOL. I think the light works fine at San Marcos with the white Amuse. You redone the most part of the frontal... it was needed.

Salu2.alexwrc

That's what I call wide-angle! Nice shot Krame, the clean-up gets harder as the car is closer to the camera so you've done an excellent job on it, especially the hood and bumper lines 👍 The only thing I could mention is the front wheel, it may need more camber angle to make it look more like a race car...Get what I mean?

Anyways, nice job! :cheers:

you beat me to doing the VIP shot! though i do have one in the works. very nice updates lately i must say though. specially the latest one.

You've earned yourself rep with that, Krame. Cleanup, Angle, all well, no, very well executed!

Back