what is the most annoying in GT4?

• Thread starter tinus2017
  • 241 comments
Tlnus2017
for me only 2 things

1. not being able to use your garage cars in "Arcade Single Race Mode"
2. not being able to use the i-link on GT4 (was so fun in GT3)

let out your frustration

Hands down the AI, you try and drive clean but no matter how hard you try you gotta watch out for the AI rear ending you, or pushing you into to the grass. Thats the biggest dissapointment for me.

- Bspec, it sucks... really! it is a driving simulator, not a driving watchalator
- 24h, works only with crappy Bspec
- Can't load cars in Arcade/Network except 2p battle
- Too many Duplicate cars (like skyline r33, there are 8 of those and it's all basically the same car)
- Rally Tracks too slippery

i think that covers the most of it :)

The handbrake is no realistic. I try to make a nice 180 but it's impossible unless i drive at 40 mph +. (approximately, i mean "unless i drive at high speed").
Also.....these 🤬 boring Midget , Subaru 360 races. And if i want to win them with b-spec, i must spent thousands of credits to equip turbos. :ouch:

Yep, AI for sure! And that handbrake has been bugging me too! Would be handy if it worked correctly during the rallies.

Everone has nothing good to say about the A.I in GT4 and I just don't get it, that may be due to the fact the I know what to expect from it or that I'm to far out in front to see how bad the A.I drives and when the racing is close it drives like I'd expect it to.
B-spec on the other hand is a joke. When did go hard mean hit the wall at 300Km.

I agree about the dodgy AI and too many, too similar cars and too many piddly cars.

Also, i'd like to add the following:-

1. The tuning/setting options, half of them are very realistic and others are incredibly simplistic to the point of being childish. Was the task shared between two teams who never communcated to each other or what?

2. The depreciation is a bitch.

3. There's a drag strip, why can't we drag race?

4. Not enough real race cars and real racing series.

5. Six cars to a race just isn't enough. Yes I know why they had to do it, doesn't stop it being annoying though.

6. No damage. Yes I know why they had to do it, doesn't stop it being annoying though.

Notwithstanding the above, it's one of the greatest games I've ever played and i am chronically addicted.

Just goes to show how good the highlights are to overcome so many afflictions and still be desirable.

1-no damage
would make the gt games better

2-in rally races you cant even touch the other dudes car to get a bumpdraft and if he hits you, you get a penalty and he doesnt

1. can't load garage cars in arcade mode.
2. wheel spin
3. thats about it for now... overall happy :)

oh, and you people may want to watch what you are typing. it doesnt bother me one bit but the Moderators are cracking down on poor spelling, grammar and most likely colloquialisms as they will not be understood by everyone...

I will tenth the nomination for AI. One car ran me off the road today when I tried to pass it. Trying to pass again, it turned into my rear and sent me spinning.:mad: I also hate having to actually try to set up reasonably difficult races. Why can't I just race touring cars that are just as fast as me?!?

I guess this could fall in to the same category, but the B-spec is horrid. Maybe if the AI was better, we would have a Bob who did not run himself off the road on level 4+. What is the point of level 5?

Tire wear. I may be overdriving my tires, but I belive that tire wear has too much of an impact on performance. I would love my tires to last a decently long time, maybe enough to complete a short-distance race?

Fuel. Fuel weight does not play enough of a role in the game. I can hardly tell the difference between a full and empty tank performance-wise. In most racing series, fuel is key to lap times, but in GT4, it plays a very small role, not enough to decide a race (consumption/pit strategy aside).

My biggest peeve I guess PD can do nothing about. I simply have enormous trouble driving quickly without crashing. Of course, this is my problem, for me to work on.

not many close winning, the opponent either too easy or too hard, no equal car race, slow opponent mixed with fast opponent.

track too smooth, make it boring to run it over and over. less unpredictability.

looks like we all think the same... even if it is a great game, it is very obvious where it can be better.

Definitely the mindless A.I's, they are just plain stupid...

Closely followed by not being able to skip the countdowns on missions (especially M34, 120 seconds :crazy:)

I disagree about the damage. I hope the will never add damage to cars in the GT Series. I understand that's not realistic, but no-damage was one of the factors that made GT great and different from the other racers. And if PD focuses on the damage issue, the will make mistakes on the realism that made gt the best of the best. So, having such great realism-graphics without damage is better than having damage with bad graphics and realism. 💡

1. can't load garage cars in arcade mode.
2. wheel spin
3. thats about it for now... overall happy :)

oh, and you people may want to watch what you are typing. it doesnt bother me one bit but the Moderators are cracking down on poor spelling, grammar and most likely colloquialisms as they will not be understood by everyone...

you can download garage cars in arcade mode
at least in the american version for the playstation 2 console
which version do u have and for what platform

you can download garage cars in arcade mode
at least in the american version for the playstation 2 console
which version do u have and for what platform

This is not the case in the Australia version where we can't download our garage cars in arcade mode with really sucks.

The most dissapointing thing to me isn't the AI... Which is awfully dumb :banghead: .

To me, the most dissapointing thing in GT4 is that you can't save your progress in Enduro mode... Ok maybe not for 2-4 hours races... But for 8-24 hours, it would have been nice.

Gotta make a prayer everytime I do a 24h enduro just because I'm afraid of Powercuts ! :crazy:

I don't like how there are no engine swaps,
" " " that there are no fair races
" " " that the paint cannot be changed
" " " how weird it is to countersteer a drift, you simply cannot be jittery like real life.

How can the sun stays up high for a whole 24 hour endurance races?

Maybe it wouldn't be such a long boring race if it goes dark like anywhere on earth would do.

--

The AI has been about the same since Gran Turismo 1 so i don't think there will be a lot of changes there actually...

Snyp
To me, the most dissapointing thing in GT4 is that you can't save your progress in Enduro mode... Ok maybe not for 2-4 hours races... But for 8-24 hours, it would have been nice.

TuneRVisioN
Agreed. 👍 Hopefully its in GT5!!!

I don't think this will happen. Not being able to save your progress in enduros adds to the realism (though you can just pause). So I doubt PD would introduce it, and I'm happy for that.

* AI
* Only 6 cars at the track
* Unfair starting grid (5 LMGTP's and one GTR car)
* Wheel spin
* No cockpit view

1. The menu system. It's those moments when that white clock is spinning and spinning

and spinnning

:mad:

in general the menu is useful once you know how to navigate it, but extremely slow and clumsy (especially compared to GT3)

2. Horsepower & torque chart returns but doesn't show any useful information. How much power am I making at 4,000 rpms? I don't know!!! The chart is there but where's the info???? :mad: 👎 It helps to be able to tell stuff like this when blasting out of corners.

3. The intro movie woulda been so great but PANAMA???? how lame. Gt1 NTSC version movie with the Chemical brothers remake is still the best, most effective intro. The menu music also sucks. I'm So glad it can be turned off.

4. Like bjb said we can't use our customized sim car for Arcade like we did in all the previous GT games...that really blows. I'm not even bothering with GT4 arcade...I like my own tuning. :grumpy: Good thing GT mode is huge.

Last edited:
Back