• RetroGiant • Photography Gallery • Mar 8 •

• Thread starter RetroGiant
  • 129 comments
Agree with C9 love to see more of the Chevy. Great update not anything bad in the gallery at all! The lighting model in FM4 is so much better than FM3

Awesome gallery, Those Countach shots are some of the best I've seen from Forza so far and your editing style really compliments the shots. I think my favourite has to be the second Impreza shots. Beautiful colours 👍

The king of realistic pics. Not much else to say. One of my favourite gallery ;)

EDIT: I don't even want to understand how the red Gallardo picture was done to look like this. It's amazing. I demand HD.

Here are a few left over shots from a few previous and current competition entries. Thanks once again for all the kind words from each and every one of you that takes time to leave comments. Greatly appreciate it.
Click for full size.

Those Bel Air shots are perfect. Crisp, clear and vibrant, yet retaining that retro look about them. I'm not so sure about the bodykit on that Mitsubishi though!
Thanks bud! Yea I hear ya about the bodykit. I think it wouldn't look too bad if it had a Race Livery, but straight white, it looks a little too "fast & furious".

My Lord, stunning stuff RG. Would love to see more of the Chevy.
Thanks man, I really appreciate. The 57 Chevy is my all-time favorite car so it definitely wont be the last time I snap some shots of it!

Agree with C9 love to see more of the Chevy. Great update not anything bad in the gallery at all! The lighting model in FM4 is so much better than FM3
Thanks a lot! Yea, the lighting engine actually makes photomode much more enjoyable.

Awesome gallery, Those Countach shots are some of the best I've seen from Forza so far and your editing style really compliments the shots. I think my favourite has to be the second Impreza shots. Beautiful colours 👍
Thanks for stopping in Stoney! I've been pulling some inspiration from your gallery lately. I try and switch up my style every now and then so I don't get bored.

The king of realistic pics. Not much else to say. One of my favourite gallery ;)

EDIT: I don't even want to understand how the red Gallardo picture was done to look like this. It's amazing. I demand HD.
Thank you so much for the kind words. The Gallardo pic is one of my favs that I've taken. Unfortunately I only had a regular 1280, but using an unorthodox method I was able to get it up to 1920x1080 and still maintaining some quality so here you go! http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/4718/lam1edit1920.jpg

i love the second shot of the G8! looks like an intense race!
Thanks man, that is probably one of my favorite action shots I've taken. It was quite a battle, we rubbed paint quite a few times. Behind the cars you can see some sparks flying. Plus, I went vertical on it to try and capture some more of the track and landscape.

Thanks man, that is probably one of my favorite action shots I've taken. It was quite a battle, we rubbed paint quite a few times. Behind the cars you can see some sparks flying. Plus, I went vertical on it to try and capture some more of the track and landscape.

Your editing is spot on in the last pic to, makes me think of a painting for some reason haha.

Your gallery is full of great new stuff :)
The Renault, Mitsubishi and the Lambo shots are quite impressive! The Chevy ones are also Top work, still I don´t like that type of cars, but thats a personal taste not your fault buddy!!
Quality in here, yes sir!! :)

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. Modern Warfare 3 has been taking up a lot of my time lately but I managed to squeeze in a few races and snapped some pics. These are a few of them.

m2sig.jpg

r2sig.jpg

r1sig.jpg

m1sig.jpg

My favourites would have to be #2 and #4. The editing is great and really adds to what is already a very well composed shot.

#4 is just a great simple poster style shot. The sky really adds to the shot 👍

That last one is fantastic. Makes me think "did he pass him? or did they crash?" haha I love how you can see so much in it.

Nice! Glad to see you around here, RG, and really like the start; you've nailed the realism settings. I'm still trying to get to grips with the Photomode - I really miss GT's camera-based setup, since I could make sense of it. This seems aimed at the average joe, which I understand the point of, but still...

Anywho, can't wait to see more from you 👍

I agree with you about the pluses of GT5's photomode, this one is not quite what I want.

Great shots RetroGiant, dig all of them and that Ruf is a great car.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. Modern Warfare 3 has been taking up a lot of my time lately but I managed to squeeze in a few races and snapped some pics. These are a few of them.

m2sig.jpg

r2sig.jpg

r1sig.jpg

m1sig.jpg

👍👍 on that Morgan shot.

Stunning again RG, love the first two in post 70 and one an four in the latest update.

Sorry if I missed it but do you always work on bigshots?

Been a while since I've popped in here - the Morgan and RGT8 are both fantastic, the first Morgan shot in the first update is such an eye-catching, deceptively deep shot. The green RUF below looks very cool with the glow/fog in the top corner, and the white car shot really uses contrast to its benefit, the clarity of it all being a nice added bonus. The Morgan vertical is only marred by a personal choice: I always like having the tires pointed to show more of the rim, not less! ;) The second set, I love them all, and especially like how the editing has turned the neon green into something closer to Porsche's GT3 RS colour.

Stop playing shooting games and start shooting cars some more instead :P

Thank you all for each and every one of your comments, really do appreciate it!

--chromatic: I actually have yet to take any bigshots in the game. It would take way too long for me.

Insanely good looking shots!!!!! :) Gotta love the latest update!! So full of colours, so full of great racing moments (RUF) and good captures of a beautiful car (Morgan)

Niiiceeee :D

Thanks everyone for the great comments, really appreciate the feedback!
Took these this weekend, not much editing to them. Figured I'd just dump them all as I haven't updated a whole lot here recently. Hope you enjoy.

mas4esmall.jpg

mas2esmall.jpg

mas1esmall.jpg

rap3esmall.jpg

rap2esmall.jpg

rap1esmall.jpg

The last shots of the Maserati and the Ford are my favourites here. lovely sense of speed in the ford shot. Look forward to see more from you so 👍

Thanks for the comments guys! Got one more from the DLC. Put the Fiero up to D class and did the King of the Mountain Battle against the Trueno. A fun race for sure. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to take pics. Managed to take one towards the beginning of the race though.

fiero2newesmall.jpg

The Fiero is very cool looking!!! Love that feeling buddy!! And that great sense of speed helps a lot too!!!
On the previous update the cameras are nice selected, and even if they are not heavy edited, they sure look good! 👍

Thank you guys very much for the comments. Its been a while but here are some new ones. Went for a brighter feel on these. Maybe a softer color pallet, tried to blend with the time period of the car.

alfa6e800.jpg

alfa1e800.jpg

alfa2e800.jpg

alfa3e800.jpg

The brighter look gives a cool/relaxing mood to the overall look of the shots!! Reminds the warm days of summer!! The car is looking great, with his lovely red paint colour standing out :)

Back