• RetroGiant Photography • September 2013 •

• Thread starter RetroGiant
  • 665 comments
United States
Midnight City
RetroGiant
TheRetroGiant
gLxDl.png

Welcome to my gallery! For those of you who knew me back in GT4 days as garnettrules21, you know I probably love photomode more-so than actually racing the cars lol. Weird I know. Anyways, I look forward to several years of great photographs from everyone. With that being said, here are my first photos of the first "premium" car I bought and then a bonus shot.

Click for HD.

Last edited:
Its that little dip in them that drives me nuts as well. I spent like 3,500 on them and 2,000 to paint them so I felt stuck with them for the moment lol.

Nice album so far, did you photoshop your last picture? I can't tell where your at with that one, I would say it's on SSR7 in the snow but I am probably wrong.

Thanks for the great comments guys! Much appreciated!

The last picture is from Kyoto - Gion photo-travel. I love that the Cherry Blossom leaves can mimic snow. Nothing much done to it, used cold filter and upped the e.v. a few stops I believe and just tried to find the sweet spot with the lighting.

Welcome back RG, it's fantastic to have you in here! 👍

The 300ZX looks insane from what I've seen so far, and I think the wheel combo isn't that bad, although a black rim may have worked better. But oh my, does it look good! :cheers:

Thanks Bram, really glad to be back and to see all the familiar faces posting again! I usually stray away from coloring rims black and other colors cause whatever game i'm playing wouldn't render them that great and crush the colors and lose details and what not. I'm just not used to photomode being so powerful lol. I'm definitely going to be more experimental in the future with car colors and rim colors since photomode renders things so beautifully.

Doesn't take long for ones gallery to fly down the list lol.

Here are some new ones and a re-edited one:

5222079141_5fe8244f3c_b.jpg

5222073160_7636d4727e_b.jpg

5222075080_68da2ea5fd_b.jpg

5221475501_9329347292_b.jpg

5222075534_1acd50c032_b.jpg

5222075676_63e5cee9b5_b.jpg

5222075936_a6b744e026_b.jpg

Thanks once again for looking and to those that leave comments. Always appreciated!​

Last edited:
Wow, that first shot of my update sure looks jacked up on the ground. Amazing how different an image looks on a professionally calibrated monitor and then I get home and look at it on the laptop and it looks like that. Gonna have to fix that. Hopefully just a little blur will do the trick.

*Fixed it*

Last edited:
Mmm, the Z32 is so tasty, especially the race shot (Trial Mountain?). It's reminding me; are there any wheel options similar to the R34's? I need to recreate an old shot... ;).

Also, love the little signature you've added, it's simple and classy. Keep 'em coming!

Ahh, didn't know you were GR until I read your first posts after looking at the great pics! Good to see you here too! ;) That premium 300ZX looks really good! A little personal story from me: the 300ZX used to be my favourite car back when I was playing with dinky toys. And it was pink! :scared: Haha. I turned out to be straight though. :D:boggled:

I like how you presented that beautiful 300ZX (although the wheels are not so appealing to me), using different camera angles and perspectives. Fantastic work, RetroGiant! :cheers:

Last edited:
Tell you what Retro: Forget what I said about those rims. They look fantastic in action! 👍

Thanks for all the comments and stopping by guys! Really appreciate it!

Mmm, the Z32 is so tasty, especially the race shot (Trial Mountain?). It's reminding me; are there any wheel options similar to the R34's? I need to recreate an old shot... ;).

Also, love the little signature you've added, it's simple and classy. Keep 'em coming!

I wasn't too amazed with the premium wheel options. At least when I looked at them for my 300ZX. There really wasn't a whole lot to choose from. Maybe I didn't look deep enough into it but the rim selection seemed very scarce. And yep its on trial mountain, I didn't get too many to come out like I wanted but I was pretty pleased with a few. I wanted a few more shots to actually imply there was a race going on and not just me cruising lol. Thanks for the comments about the sig man! 👍

Ahh, didn't know you were GR until I read your first posts after looking at the great pics! Good to see you here too! ;) That premium 300ZX looks really good! A little personal story from me: the 300ZX used to be my favourite car back when I was playing with dinky toys. And it was pink! :scared: Haha. I turned out to be straight though. :D:boggled:
Yea I figured with the name change people might not remember me. I loved (still love) the 300ZX too. I don't know what it is about it. Maybe the styling of late 80's early 90s transformation. I think it still holds up as a beautiful car.

Tell you what Retro: Forget what I said about those rims. They look fantastic in action! 👍
Yea, I'm much more pleased with them when they are rolling down the road!

Awesome update! Challenger series lacking varieties, but the shot you entered 2.0 is very beautiful, may I say comparison between blurry and sharp light?

Z32 shots are great too, not to mention it is my favorite colour for it.

Thanks franz! I definatley hear you about the challenger shots. I snapped a boat load at lunch a few days ago and didn't have much time to go crazy like I wanted. I wish I had more time to play the game, unfortunately work doesn't want me to. You have gt5 right?

Looking very nice RG! I really like your sig/logo on each of your pictures as well. Puts a nice sleek touch on everything.

The Z32 is looking pretty shnazzy with those wheels, and I like the one with the chrome wheels at Trial Mountain. Very nice. And Challenger is nice as well. 👍

Yeah I do, but I rarely have time to play, and still exploring around.
I'm in the same boat my friend.

Looking very nice RG! I really like your sig/logo on each of your pictures as well. Puts a nice sleek touch on everything.

The Z32 is looking pretty shnazzy with those wheels, and I like the one with the chrome wheels at Trial Mountain. Very nice. And Challenger is nice as well. 👍
Thanks 440, I appreciate it! The wheels, although painted white, has that chrome lip that is a reflection machine!

Update
Dec 2nd, 2010

Now a small update. Nothing flashy with these, went pretty straightforward with them. Tried to keep it simple and traditional. Probably for the fact I only got to play for 20 minutes. I'm in that weird place where I desperately want to take more photos, so I'll go in and do one race and then take photos. Problem is I'm starting to lack variety in my cars lol. So this may be my last update for a few days until I can get a few new cars, or at least a newer one. That being said, here are some more Z32 shots lol.

5226882606_4a8c3c6fcd_b.jpg

5226882806_e4206a720a_b.jpg

5226287307_36bb116cec_b.jpg

5226882706_eccd2b154c_b.jpg

As always, thanks for all lookers and commenters. Really appreciate it!

I love the 3rd shot as well. Very interesting to see how different the rims look between sunlight and shadow. Nice variations between shots, and your Z32 is still one of my favorite 👍

Update
12 • 3 • 2010
FT-86

I won this car so it was finally something new to shoot and drive. I'm pretty pleased with it and it came in this outrageous orange color which was interesting to photography to say the least. It was fun but very challenging. Wanted a mix of action and staged. I have a handful of shots but I'll just sprinkle them out in a few sets. Here are the first few. Thanks guys once again for all the great comments on my last shots! Much appreciated as always!

5228762349_2fa7e34cf9_b.jpg

5228761239_b21cdfe309_b.jpg

5229355006_f7df451dca_b.jpg

Back