• RetroGiant Photography • September 2013 •

Discussion in 'GT5 Photo Mode Galleries' started by RetroGiant, Nov 29, 2010.

1. RetroGiant

RetroGiant

Really glad to finally see you check out my gallery here Rev! I draw inspiration from yours all the time, same as in the days of GT4.

Thanks once again for all the great comments on my last set. Here is another little set on the Mini I bought. It came pepper white, painted the rims white, and then the rims ended up being way more white than the car so I repainted it a different white. Still has the pepper look though with all the black and white. Lowered it as well. Enjoy!

UPDATE
    12-15-10
    Mini Cooper S

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sejtur

sejtur

Wow, 1st and 3rd look very nice with those blurred lights in the BG! :tup:

3. kanisama

kanisama

Love the MINI shots! You picked my favorite colour for the car, too!

4. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Administrator

A different approach to the usual SSR7 shots; I dig it! The colour, the low depth of field, very, very nice. The Gimignano shots are also ridiculously clean, I've never been much of a fan of white Minis but this has changed my opinion :tup:

Were you also a bit disappointed with the lack of aero mods for it? I wanted to create a JCW but I don't think it's possible. Maybe a future update!

5. Revolution.

Revolution.

Lovely set. That tunnel at SSR7 is brilliant. :D I do like what you've done with it too, like Slip said, a different approach to what is usually seen. I like the white too, I'm not a huge fan of the off-white (almost yellowed) Mini Pepper White, but they do look good in a proper bright white.

6. 725

Great updates, the night shots of the mini cooper are great

7. gibki8

gibki8

First one is very good

8. Pebb

Pebb

I like the third shot.

9. RetroGiant

RetroGiant

Thanks Sej! I wanted to kinda mix it up from the usual ones we see at that track

Same here man, I love the black and white.

Thanks man I appreciate it! I was indeed a bit disappointed in the aero mods for it. Some cars get good ones, some get the usual not so great ones. Really hit or miss.

Yea, it was kinda difficult to see what I could come up with as I've seem to have seen most all ways covered lol. Yea, once I painted the rims white, that pepper white was way off.

Thanks 725, glad to see you around here!

Thanks again to everyone that stopped and commented. Much appreciated! A new different style update is coming up in a few minutes.

10. RetroGiant

RetroGiant

UPDATE 12•17•10
    Isuzu 117 Coupe • Standard

I finally decided to go and enter the photomode competition and was excited cause it was a standard model rule set with 0 editing. Which was nice, we can't forget about those standards! Anyways I went through all my standards and decided to go oldschool. Took a bunch for the competition and these are the leftovers with a quick edit to all of them. They should load quickly since they are rather small. Hope you enjoy :)

First one is my actual entry unedited.

[​IMG]

Here are the rest:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. 440 CHARGER

440 CHARGER

Wow, these are awesome dude! They have a very authentic, retro look and feel to them. The grainyness and slightly discolored look to them makes them feel like they are out of a 70's or 80's magazine, seriously. Is that a premium car? Edit: Nope! Sorry, neglected to read your post! That's a very nice looking standard!

Well done once again RG! :tup:

12. Revolution.

Revolution.

Very nice. The faded, desaturated look and feel, the heavy vignette and the grain all just work. :tup: Like 440 said, straight out of a magazine from 30 years ago!

13. kanisama

kanisama

Very tasty last updates! All classic cars shots should be edited this way from now on haha. The Isuzu looks like a premium model from your shots. :tup:

14. Pebb

Pebb

I like the first two shots.

15. Benmastaw00t

Benmastaw00t

I am very pleased to have seen this gallery, you take some very incredible photos. Even more specifically, I love the last set of the Isuzu 117. The post processing makes a great photo even better by having a era fitting look to it. I think what also helps with the realism of the photos is where the camera is positioned.

Keep up the great work, and if you have the time please check out my gallery. But try not to pay too much attention to my first GT5 photos, while I like them, they aren't quite up to my current standards.

See you soon!

16. patrickbateman

patrickbateman

Wow I'm speechless! Amazing shots RetroGiant. If you have the time and will, could you please apply your touch to these two (or one) shots to achieve a 1990s feel?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. sejtur

sejtur

That is Retro indeed! Really cool.

18. RetroGiant

RetroGiant

Thank you guys so much for all the great comments. Glad everyone enjoyed the retro style shots!

Not really sure how to portray a 90's feel correctly but I did my best :) Hope you like them.

http://imgur.com/9NrFv.jpg
    http://imgur.com/SpynJ.jpg

19. Nicknamealguem

Nicknamealguem

Your pictures are really really really amazing. I love your updates, really great stuff. :tup:

20. franz

franz Premium

Nicely retroized :tup: and they have good composition too!

21. patrickbateman

patrickbateman

Thanks! I really like these.

22. HumanDestroyah

HumanDestroyah Premium

Great album,
    I love how you captured the texture of the front bumper in the 3rd photo.

23. NTX

NTX

top work in the Isuzu buddy!! Great lightning and good angles you have there :) Well done indeed :)

24. JKcreativeworks

JKcreativeworks

Great work on the Isuzu pictures, i love it.

25. RetroGiant

RetroGiant

Thanks guys for all the great comments! Really appreciate it!

Update 12-22-11
    L o t u s•E l i s e

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  26. sems4arsenal

sems4arsenal Premium

:bowdown: Another Brilliant set love the first one .

27. Moglet

Moglet Premium

Woah that last shot is freaky looking (in a good way!), it's probably my favourite from the set. I'm torn between that and the tail-light photo as it reminds me of my old GT4 Elise shot!

28. NP

NP Premium

Very nice. :tup:

29. GPR

GPR

Nice set RG, I like the first one alot and the tail light shot too. The Lights themselves have awesome detail it's just a shame the polys are a little higher to smooth out those rounded edges.

30. Revolution.

Revolution.

Oooh, the black and white shots are great! I love the detail in the taillight shot. The falling cherry blossoms in the first pic are.. unusual. I'm not sure I like them... aside from that, it's a great photo, just they're a little distracting.