• RetroGiant Photography • September 2013 •

• Thread starter RetroGiant
  • 665 comments
Really glad to finally see you check out my gallery here Rev! I draw inspiration from yours all the time, same as in the days of GT4.

Thanks once again for all the great comments on my last set. Here is another little set on the Mini I bought. It came pepper white, painted the rims white, and then the rims ended up being way more white than the car so I repainted it a different white. Still has the pepper look though with all the black and white. Lowered it as well. Enjoy!

UPDATE
12-15-10
Mini Cooper S

5259005332_4811e8ab68_b.jpg

5259005724_653b9fc496_b.jpg

5258398809_19716662ac_b.jpg

5259005884_0124816aca_b.jpg

5258398691_c2f94e91ed_b.jpg

A different approach to the usual SSR7 shots; I dig it! The colour, the low depth of field, very, very nice. The Gimignano shots are also ridiculously clean, I've never been much of a fan of white Minis but this has changed my opinion 👍

Were you also a bit disappointed with the lack of aero mods for it? I wanted to create a JCW but I don't think it's possible. Maybe a future update!

Lovely set. That tunnel at SSR7 is brilliant. :D I do like what you've done with it too, like Slip said, a different approach to what is usually seen. I like the white too, I'm not a huge fan of the off-white (almost yellowed) Mini Pepper White, but they do look good in a proper bright white.

Wow, 1st and 3rd look very nice with those blurred lights in the BG! 👍
Thanks Sej! I wanted to kinda mix it up from the usual ones we see at that track

Love the MINI shots! You picked my favorite colour for the car, too!
Same here man, I love the black and white.

A different approach to the usual SSR7 shots; I dig it! The colour, the low depth of field, very, very nice. The Gimignano shots are also ridiculously clean, I've never been much of a fan of white Minis but this has changed my opinion 👍

Were you also a bit disappointed with the lack of aero mods for it? I wanted to create a JCW but I don't think it's possible. Maybe a future update!
Thanks man I appreciate it! I was indeed a bit disappointed in the aero mods for it. Some cars get good ones, some get the usual not so great ones. Really hit or miss.

Lovely set. That tunnel at SSR7 is brilliant. :D I do like what you've done with it too, like Slip said, a different approach to what is usually seen. I like the white too, I'm not a huge fan of the off-white (almost yellowed) Mini Pepper White, but they do look good in a proper bright white.
Yea, it was kinda difficult to see what I could come up with as I've seem to have seen most all ways covered lol. Yea, once I painted the rims white, that pepper white was way off.

Great updates, the night shots of the mini cooper are great
Thanks 725, glad to see you around here!

Thanks again to everyone that stopped and commented. Much appreciated! A new different style update is coming up in a few minutes.

UPDATE 12•17•10
Isuzu 117 Coupe • Standard

I finally decided to go and enter the photomode competition and was excited cause it was a standard model rule set with 0 editing. Which was nice, we can't forget about those standards! Anyways I went through all my standards and decided to go oldschool. Took a bunch for the competition and these are the leftovers with a quick edit to all of them. They should load quickly since they are rather small. Hope you enjoy :)

First one is my actual entry unedited.

5268228613_e97f32ae76.jpg

Here are the rest:

XYLpc.jpg
4u0mu.jpg

dgZPD.jpg
6IHWv.jpg

9SjAt.jpg
cyHEL.jpg

HLGSG.jpg
mxbyD.jpg

Wow, these are awesome dude! They have a very authentic, retro look and feel to them. The grainyness and slightly discolored look to them makes them feel like they are out of a 70's or 80's magazine, seriously. Is that a premium car? Edit: Nope! Sorry, neglected to read your post! That's a very nice looking standard!

Well done once again RG! 👍

Very nice. The faded, desaturated look and feel, the heavy vignette and the grain all just work. 👍 Like 440 said, straight out of a magazine from 30 years ago!

Very tasty last updates! All classic cars shots should be edited this way from now on haha. The Isuzu looks like a premium model from your shots. 👍

I am very pleased to have seen this gallery, you take some very incredible photos. Even more specifically, I love the last set of the Isuzu 117. The post processing makes a great photo even better by having a era fitting look to it. I think what also helps with the realism of the photos is where the camera is positioned.

Keep up the great work, and if you have the time please check out my gallery. But try not to pay too much attention to my first GT5 photos, while I like them, they aren't quite up to my current standards.

See you soon!

Wow I'm speechless! Amazing shots RetroGiant. If you have the time and will, could you please apply your touch to these two (or one) shots to achieve a 1990s feel?

Thank you guys so much for all the great comments. Glad everyone enjoyed the retro style shots!

Wow I'm speechless! Amazing shots RetroGiant. If you have the time and will, could you please apply your touch to these two (or one) shots to achieve a 1990s feel?
Not really sure how to portray a 90's feel correctly but I did my best :) Hope you like them.

http://imgur.com/9NrFv.jpg
http://imgur.com/SpynJ.jpg

top work in the Isuzu buddy!! Great lightning and good angles you have there :) Well done indeed :)

Thanks guys for all the great comments! Really appreciate it!

Update 12-22-11
L o t u s•E l i s e

0WnaV.jpg

rYJod.jpg

dOoBO.jpg

y77yP.jpg

Last edited:
Woah that last shot is freaky looking (in a good way!), it's probably my favourite from the set. I'm torn between that and the tail-light photo as it reminds me of my old GT4 Elise shot!

Nice set RG, I like the first one alot and the tail light shot too. The Lights themselves have awesome detail it's just a shame the polys are a little higher to smooth out those rounded edges.

Oooh, the black and white shots are great! I love the detail in the taillight shot. The falling cherry blossoms in the first pic are.. unusual. I'm not sure I like them... aside from that, it's a great photo, just they're a little distracting.

Back