£150 to spend... on what?

• Thread starter BigJimmy
  • 73 comments
United Kingdom
Devon UK
Hello all.

I have just turned 40 and my nice family in law gave me £150 cash.

Now.. being old and lacking any enthusiasm for life now, I cant think of anything to buy with it.

Please could you suggest some ideas for things I didn't know I needed so I can have some fun with the cash, rather than use it on something useful like petrol(boring)?

(I have a wheel and Playseat so I'm good there)

Tools. Surely everytime you go to try and fix something (car,house,yard ) you wish you had this or that so fixing it would be much easier. A nice combo battery starter set that you can add onto later on. Power tools are the best. Weedeater you know you always needed one or a better one.

Tools. Surely everytime you go to try and fix something (car,house,yard ) you wish you had this or that so fixing it would be much easier. A nice combo battery starter set that you can add onto later on. Power tools are the best. Weedeater you know you always needed one or a better one.
I'm so bad at DIY that buying tools and using then will just compound the issue. I'm 40 but I'm Not a grown up yet.

A cheap stick welder. Even if you have no skills. Melting metal with more metal and electricity is really fun. Or, if you're of the mind, checkout rpi robots, or maybe throw in a few extra quid and get a 3d printer. Smaller ones can be found for under 200.

Here are a few ideas in no particular order
  • Purchase some new clothes for yourself that you will actually wear
  • Purchase a decent pair of shoes that you will actually wear
  • Purchase a nice watch you will actually wear
  • Keep the money in a savings account until you figure out what you want to purchase for yourself

Something for your wife maybe? :D
Yeh, a nice Spa weekend for her and a friend would be a very nice gesture.

The fact that you could then have a lad's weekend with your son playing GT Sport and eating takeaway pizza is purely coincidental.

Im sure TB will give it right back....
IVrH7mz.gif

My first instinct was that the above was spam, but upon investigation it occurred to me that that would constitute an incredibly slow play.

:P

Hello all.

I have just turned 40 and my nice family in law gave me £150 cash.

Now.. being old and lacking any enthusiasm for life now, I cant think of anything to buy with it.

40, eh? How about a couple value packs of grown up diapers?

Trust me.

Back