Bulgaria
Canada
Seriously? For an electric fan?
dyson-fan-1.jpg

You can get this for $15 :
2006112014310559569.jpg

Here's the website: http://www.dyson.com

Last edited:
"Why buy a Ferrari when I can get a Corvette that does the same thing for a third of the price?" Same principle. If the person is willing to pay extra for something better (in his/her view), then the cost is justified.

There's lots of expensive things we don't need. Paintings. Historic race cars. Justin Bieber haircuts. Gold jewelry. But if there is a demand, there is a price.

if your wealthy enough to dish out 200 pounds ($307 aus) on a desk fan and you dont have air conditioning system to begin with you seriously need to re-consider your whole life

There was a demand for a desk fan that wouldn't mangle your package on those really hot days.

if your wealthy enough to dish out 200 pounds ($307 aus) on a desk fan and you dont have air conditioning system to begin with you seriously need to re-consider your whole life

Or there are the times when using a fan just makes more sense than an A/C unit. I sure don't run my A/C anytime I feel a bit warm, that would be a huge waste of energy versus using my window fan.

Or there are the times when using a fan just makes more sense than an A/C unit. I sure don't run my A/C anytime I feel a bit warm, that would be a huge waste of energy versus using my window fan.

You obviously don't live in Florida. Our A/C unit is a Beefkeeper 4000.

The person who would buy something like that would probably be the same type of person who buys a Bang & Olufsen telephone for their kitchen.

The person who would buy something like that would probably be the same type of person who buys a Bang & Olufsen telephone for their kitchen.

:lol: A little bit exaggerated, but something like that yes!

With just a little bit more money the A/C is the best thing to choose!👍

I saw a TV commercial for these fans the other day. What I like most about it was how it never said the usual line of "starting at the price of ________." Way to surprise people when they walk into the store :lol:

Obviously it's not just a fan. Fans have rotor blades. Dyson's does not. Such an innovation clearly cost a lot of money to develop and this is reflected in its price. In a country like Japan there are plenty of people who would pay even this much for such a product. I have heard that they are very noisy though.

This is a hand dryer made by Dyson which is being used in alot of Australian public bathrooms at the moment, it is by far the best hand dryer ever made but is around 4-5 times louder than a conventional hand dryer & about 1 million times louder than a paper towel. The fan's pictured above use the same type of technology i.e. Loud, They had 5 or 6 of them running in a harvey norman store and you could hear them from quit a distance, Waste of money in my opinion

Well they're not exactly designed to be quiet. I've seen those installed in some chic restaurants and hotels. They work, but so does shaking off your hands. And there are always those fancy disposable towels wherever these are installed. Who wouldn't pass up the opportunity to use those soft luxurious paper towels?

I actually almost bought one of these a few month ago, cause they're seriously awesome tech, and look cool to boot. The only reason I didn't is cause the one with the blue inside only comes in 25cm and I wanted a 30cm one.

But thanks for the life advice. Should I have got your confirmation before I got a $700 Dyson Vacuum too? Some people like myself are prepared to pay for quality and innovative gear that doesn't break within a month.

I actually almost bought one of these a few month ago, cause they're seriously awesome tech, and look cool to boot. The only reason I didn't is cause the one with the blue inside only comes in 25cm and I wanted a 30cm one.

But thanks for the life advice. Should I have got your confirmation before I got a $700 Dyson Vacuum too?

It may have been a joke... but maybe its just me... ;)!

But thanks for the life advice. Should I have got your confirmation before I got a $700 Dyson Vacuum too? Some people like myself are prepared to pay for quality and innovative gear that doesn't break within a month.

I agree we paid, I think about $800 for our Dyson Vacuum about 5 years ago and it's still going strong and never missed a beat.

It's awesome according to my wife. ;)
But seriously I've used it a couple of times and you don't have to go back and forth over a piece of carpet to pick up a stubborn bit of fluff.

As for the fan it does look kinda funky but I don't think I would buy one.

Cheers Shaun.

LOL, Funny you say that becuase I actually in fact own 2 $700 Dyson vacuum's (my mother has one & I have another), but not because its looks cool or anything like that, its a product that actually does the job alot better than most of the other products in its class, considering we have a couple of indoor pets & all. When comparing this fan to a regular fan there is not much difference in terms of doing a better job pushing warm air around.

Also - Horde's right, it was a joke, lighten up

Edit: I am one of those people like yourself who's prepared to pay for quality over regular crap

2nd edit: My deskfan that I use in my office sometimes during the summer has been going strong for the last 6 years, I bought it for $16 from K-mart, Cant put aircon becuase building is heritage listed.

Last edited:
Dyson vacuums are great but they stink like hell once they get a few years on 'em. I'm still trying to figure out how to take mine apart to clean out the tunnels, but who can find any kind of schematic.

When comparing this fan to a regular fan there is not much difference in terms of doing a better job pushing warm air around.

But when comparing a Dyson fan to a regular fan in terms of its ability to chop off your child's fingers there is a big difference:lol:

This is a product a mum may buy so she knows that her child wont stick his fingers into the fan grill and get hurt.

Since it has no blades and it is a stream of air not bursts of air like normal fans.

"Why buy a Ferrari when I can get a Corvette that does the same thing for a third of the price?" Same principle. If the person is willing to pay extra for something better (in his/her view), then the cost is justified.

You don't even need to take it that far, it's like comparing a Big Mac with a tin of value spaghetti hoops. They're both convenience foods, they do the same thing, it's just that one is more preferable than the other and people are willing to pay the difference.

Back