£200 Electric Fan

I saw one of these fans at a mates place on Sunday. Freaking awesome. I'd pay for it over the traditional blade and cage kind. That reminds me, I need to google how the ruddy thing works 👍
Edit: Explanation vid

There's lots of expensive things we don't need. ... Historic race cars.

WHO DOESN'T NEED ONE!?

On a related note: I really hate these Dyson thingies...all the restaurants here have them and they suck.

How much electricity do these things use, relative to the average fan? It seems like they would use more, but if it's less, they may be worth it...eventually.

We bought 6 dysons at work for the factory, together they were cheaper and FAR more effective than buying the equivalent suckage power via the usual industrial means.

The Dyson hand driers are effective but £600-£700 each, they are low power I believe but my pub owning friends elected not to use them because of the comparitively high cost...

.. and also, I've sold B & O telephones myself (in the past), having them in the kitchen may sound crazy, but not if you consider the number of people that put something like the Beosound Century (at the time) in the kitchen also.. a phone wasn't so crazy... also given that they were about £100-£200... which is cheap compared to most smartphones that chavs on benefits walk around with in my town... you wanna mention crazy and B & O... I'll never forget the AV9 being launched into a world about to get DVD.. it was a 4:3 TV with Phillips CDi,.. at a cost of £4700...

... aaaanyway, I'm ranting now..must be the lager.

This is a hand dryer made by Dyson which is being used in alot of Australian public bathrooms at the moment, it is by far the best hand dryer ever made but is around 4-5 times louder than a conventional hand dryer & about 1 million times louder than a paper towel. The fan's pictured above use the same type of technology i.e. Loud, They had 5 or 6 of them running in a harvey norman store and you could hear them from quit a distance, Waste of money in my opinion

These are the best. They get the job done in about 6-7 seconds, compared to the BS-hand-wringing-and-rubbing nonsense of the conventional airblower models, and don't require you to make physical contact to operate it like with, say, a paper-towel dispenser.

Hand drying has never been an issue for me unless I'm not wearing any pants.

Hopefully you mean pants in the American sense of the word.

But when you're wearing wool, custom made from head to toe, you can't exactly wipe your hands on your thighs.

Hand drying has never been an issue for me unless I'm not wearing any pants.
I can't take that comment seriously whilst looking at your pantsless Snoopy.

Euphemism? You decide.

I'd say the bigger issue with the Dyson fan is that to get it up to any sort of acceptable cooling level you need to turn it up to a point where the motor sounds like a small hairdryer - and that, shockingly enough, isn't very nice to listen to.

Dyson vacuums are great but they stink like hell once they get a few years on 'em. I'm still trying to figure out how to take mine apart to clean out the tunnels, but who can find any kind of schematic.

On my DC24 you just open up the top of the cyclone/bin assembly, remove the filter and there's about 5 philips head screws to undo. Haven't a clue how to do it on one of the ball-less (harharhar) ones though - I'd probably just give up and rinse the whole thing out as one piece with warm water a few times. If you do decide to do it though, be ready for a nice mountain of dust to fly out at you. And then be ready for a nice river of grey sludge when you put it under the tap.

Hopefully you mean pants in the American sense of the word.

Yeah, I guess so...

But when you're wearing wool, custom made from head to toe, you can't exactly wipe your hands on your thighs.

47929_3_600.jpeg

You won't believe the disturbing stuff I've just seen finding that!

TB
I can't take that comment seriously whilst looking at your pantsless Snoopy.

Euphemism? You decide.

Damn my webcam :ouch:

It's a fan without the blades so it collects dust a lot slower than a conventional fan. It's also easier to clean and looks cool too. I wouldn't buy it though, haha.

That is the greatest thing anyone has ever invented. Ever.

Watch this:

And then tell me you didn't just think "You know... if we made them a bit bigger and put a clear tube between each one..."

Back