¿Bug in Suzuka or just unfinished?

• Thread starter attnirvana
  • 10 comments
Spain
Bilbao, Spain
attnirvana
So, this I found today in Suzuka Seasonal Event. What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG-20141227-WA0052.jpg
    IMG-20141227-WA0052.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG-20141227-WA0054.jpg
    IMG-20141227-WA0054.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG-20141227-WA0056.jpg
    IMG-20141227-WA0056.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 3
This is not new, many other tracks that have a certain time-limit like Brands-hatch, Red bull Ring and Atumn Ring have been acting strangely online with them having a star night sky, it happened to me at Brands Hatch during a Quick-Match

I had this glitch on RBR in Quick Match mode when the QM update went live, I couldn't see anything but turning on the Driving Line helps you see where to drive in the dark.

I haven't noticed this glitch occuring in Brands Hatch but I think BH was meant to have 24h time change, as the headlamps are bright and illuminate the surroundings like in tracks with 24h support instead of tracks with 8-some hour time change where the effect. Perhaps there is a star box for Brands Hatch as well.

I had something similar... I did the seasonal in the wrong car.. And I got lapped 2 times.. (My driving also sucked) so when the sun started to set I still had 2laps to do and it got dark very quick, but there were no trackside lights and the headlights also didn't work.. At the final chicane it was pitchblack and I got stuck against the walls on the inside.. Took me 2 minutes of backing out and slowly driving forwards and backing up again as I cound't see anything, I eventually got on track again and crawled to the finishline...

I wonder if they added code to optimize some tracks for a night cycle and the game accidentally started using the assets.

I think it's an unfinished GT7 thing. A lot of the newer tracks are dumbed down next-gen assets (as far as I can see) so it wouldn't surprise me if they've made a full day/night cycle for all of the tracks but haven't put in the coding for headlight lighting, environmental lighting etc. so they have capped the time scale until it's finished (which is buggy)... It wouldn't be the first time PD released something that's not finished yet.......... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
No anything lighting tells me that they haven't quite yet programmed these tracks for the darker hours. Game most likely had a slip up that told it to use a certain track at night.

PD may possibly be preparing a full 24hr cycle for Suzuka.

HI,
what I see is the time that marks 18:30, now in December at this hour in suzuka its night, however I have seen that in the seasonal event of nurburgring gp and suzuka 2014 the time is set differently than the normal game.I tried to load the track in some online races at 18:30 but it wasnt night, instead of seasonal event of suzuka 2014 which leaves at 8:30 am is as if its had just done morning in winter, also in seasonal event of nurburgring at 15:30 was almost dark, you do the test, i think that in the quick match and seasonal events they have changed the parameters such a kind of "special" for this period(winter).
Help improve Google Translate
Google Traduttore per il Business:Translator ToolkitTraduttore di siti webStrumento a supporto dell'export

Back