Σ Interregional GT500 Championship | Drivers' Champion - Norax! Team - Sard RC F!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 199 comments
Thanks for the races and thanks for hosting this Wardez.

A little race report from me; Had great races, no incidents to report. Reached the positions I was hoping for despite having a bad qualification and not the best consistency in the races;

Race 1; Had a good start, gaining 2 positions on the start on the inside line. Got a little gap to the guys behind me and @SkengD and Kingbestjr battling infront for a while. Around midrace I came within Kingbestjr slipstream and was able to overtake on turn 1 gaining P5, see image below. Kingbestjr put good pressure on me for the remainder of the race - he was within 1 second the whole time, but I kept P5 to the finish.

Race 2; Started P5 and lost pretty quickly positions down to P7 with @DeltaJuliet behind me and @PirovacBoy in front. It was obviously to me that @DeltaJuliet was on a different fuel strategy than me and at some point I let him by. I was a one stopper and it pretty much went down as I calculated fuel wise. The strategy gained me 3 positions and was back on P5 after my pit stop and PirovacBoy behind me this time. I was struggeling with my pace but could keep my distance to @rcb929 on P4, but out of reach. On the last lap, I sadly saw @Wardez running out of fuel humping along. Overtook on the final straight and finished P4.
--

Start of race 1; Look at how many turned up to watch us from the grandstands - Such a popular series!
full

Overtaking of Kingbestjr half way of race 1
full

To those in the Americas:
Qualifying deadline is tomorrow night.

To those in Europe:
Qualifying deadline is Sunday morning.

Here's a link to a countdown clock for quali deadline: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdo...und+3+Qualifying+Deadline&font=sanserif&csz=1

If you've raced already and want to reserve a slot at the back, please let me know. Although this means that if there are multiple divisions, you will be starting at the back of the last one.

Remember you can still change your car for the final round before qualifying but you will have to give up any points you've scored so far.

The race will start at the starting line, not the timing line.

Be sure to work out strategies ahead of time as the race is using an unusual tire wear and fuel settings (T 2x - F 5x). Remember that you can pit for fuel and not take new tires which will save you time in the pits.

Great season guys! Learned a lot. Results will be posted up soon. Congrats to the winners and champion! I will be updating you all very soon on what's gonna happen next. The next season will come up quick, so stay tuned and get ready for even more intense GT500 racing!

Race report from me.

Qualified P9, but started P7, planned on 3 stops with fuel saving, which worked like a charm. A few mistakes, one off track and very intense last stint battling with @rcb929. Reached my goal of P5, but had a chance at P4.

The one offtrack was on lap 1, as I forgot to take the slipstream into account coming into 130R and went down to P9. From there I didn't have any real overtakes, as people went for picnics off the tarmac one by one and with different pitstops - and suddenly I was P5 around the middle of the second stint.

From there I thought I only needed to concentrate on fuel usage and pace and bringing home P5 - but on lap 33 @rcb929 came out of the pits just behind me and I realised we were suddenly racing for P4 and that got really intense, as he were within one second from me the whole time, looking to take advantage of the smallest mistake.

Lap 36 he had an opportunity down the main straight as I missed the first apex in the chicane, but I did a defensive move and kept the position. On the lap before the last, I missed the first apex in the chicane again and he could easily snap P4 on the straight on the last lap. The replay showed he was on full gas, while I was fuel saving. So close and great racing.

Some pictures from the race:

Grid on green.. look at that crowd! Must be a record turnup in the history of the IGTC series!
full

(Anyone else see an odd formation shape here? :). Overlapping was also present behind me)

Turn one lap one
full

Lap one at the hairpin
full

My team mate @GTP_Versatile overtaking @Wardez on the inside, taking back the lead.
full

@rcb929 just coming out of the pits behind me on lap 33
full

@rcb929 overtaking me on the last lap turn 1 - well done, and well deserved 👍
full

Last edited:
Nice write up Monoha. The over lapping behind you was King I think, but to be fair he did correct it as we started which lead to me getting in front of him at the first corner as he was going slow.

99E958C6-5D65-4B10-8EA8-1D3501795306.jpeg
My race was pretty uneventful, being the tortoise in the pack. Got a good start going into turn one (photo above), but didn’t manage to hold on to that for long. I fuel saved by short shifting and there were glimmers of hope when those infront pitted before me and a few times I wasn’t at the back. The cream rose to the top though and I came in last. Really enjoyed the challenge and was quite happy to go the whole race without a spin!

Awesome write up as always @monoha , so glad you're a part of this series. You really help keep me on point too 👍 .

I really had a fun time racing Suzuka for over an hour with you all. I wish we figured out an earlier solution for the problems at the start. But it's been a great learning experience and we will be more than prepared for season 2.

So sorry our friends @DeltaJuliet and @OGsoda couldn't start. We'll make it up to you.

So, to everyone reading this, whether you have raced with us or not, please join our Discord server! https://discord.gg/rtsSA2H

We are currently planning out season 2 on our Discord server. Please contribute your thoughts and suggestions!

Special thanks to @Litchi for working on so much of the organization with me, he did all the beautiful spreadsheets and helped a lot with Discord, qualifying, and generally keeping me focused and informed on any issues. Great asset to Sigma and all the drivers in IGTC.

Big thank you to all the qualifying stewards and racing directors that helped us over the past few weeks. You guys rose to the occasion so well and fast. Really appreciate you all.

And of course thanks also to all our awesome drivers! You were all so clean followed direction so well and made the series a really exciting event every time! Really looking forward to more with you and all the future participants!

That brings us to the announcement of the first Sigma champion of IGTC... @Norax !

driver_standings.PNG

Also big congrats to his team, Sard RC F! Shout out to RR Motorsport whom were a very close second!

team_standings.PNG

Last edited:
Well, I would like to thank all drivers involved in this series, it was really cool to race with you guys, much more than the Dailies where I find pure 🤬 everydays. You guys definitely know what is 'sporstmanship', big thumb up to you all 👍

I really enjoyed to participate in the backrooms creating spreadsheets etc :)

Thank you to all Stewards, your help is definitely useful with our Qualifier process. I run this Qualifier since GT5 ans i still think that it's the best one.

Also, I'm really happy to re-work with you Ed, it reminds me the old times :cheers:

I hope that Sigma will grow up and be notorious on gtplanet, like PURE was.

Also, I discovered Discord with this series. Such a great app, very useful!!

Now it's time to work on Season 2 and one of the main thing will be to find a way to sort out these connection issues between drivers.

Will.

@Wardez & @Litchi

Thank you for the organisation of a very nice event. Like I said before; this is the beginning of something nice. Not only the championship itself but also the small but competitive community around it. If I hang around you guys long enough I might just reach A+ someday!

Hopefully we will find a way to 100% avoid technical difficulties like last race but more than likely PD has to patch stuff!

GG and I’ll be waiting for season II announcement!

Back