ⓣⓗⓔ ⓒⓞⓜⓕⓞⓡⓣ ⓒⓛⓤⓑ

• Thread starter JockeP22
  • 1,712 comments

Turnaround race?

• Total voters
Don't crash.
Good advice. But I get over excited sometimes. :) And if it's not me, it's someone else behind me. :mischievous:

It is a long way around if someone suffers with a broken suspension though.

I was wandering if all those extra "pits" that you pass around the course have any use. Maybe for repairing damage in online races - I've not tried it. It wouldn't be to bad if you could limp around to one of those. Other than denoting sections, I'm not sure what they are there for.

Thanks Jocke for all your work with planning, hosting and stats 👍
I really hope I can join tonight
I hope so, too.
Btw.
Update Details (1.13)

- Fixed an issue wherein playing online race replays from the Gallery sometimes caused the game to hang.
This was the best news I've heard all day, thanks Goofy.
where's the ones to show the most attractive car colour and best dressed driver.

Here's your answer. Right, Manny?
CocirctedAzur_4_zpsd3829847.jpg

Seriously though, good work. I've never seen so many stats! 👍
Appreciated.
Good advice. But I get over excited sometimes. :) And if it's not me, it's someone else behind me. :mischievous:
It is a long way around if someone suffers with a broken suspension though.
I was wandering if all those extra "pits" that you pass around the course have any use. Maybe for repairing damage in online races - I've not tried it. It wouldn't be to bad if you could limp around to one of those. Other than denoting sections, I'm not sure what they are there for.
I think 'light' will only be a one-off. 'Heavy' will return post-Sierra. :)

The Room/Lobby-settings presentation has been updated and improved (and incorporated into Post #1).
Previously it lacked information on qualifying and number of participants,
as well as not looking very organized. I hope it does now.
Even the little things can be improved :dopey:

newsettings_zpsb24af9db.jpg~original

A bit of inspiration for tonights adventures;
Courtesy of MannYhAvitZ

Sierra_zpsbe7cfc09.jpg~original

The first ever Z8 race to be held at Sierra proved to be somewhat epic.
Four drivers within just half a second of each other after twenty-seven kilometres of racing.
*Note to hob and If, do not stop and chat before the finish line, for I will always floor it and go for the gap :).

z8sierraresults_zps3d296912.jpg~original

z8sierra2_zpsd69ccac7.jpg~original

Wayne's view;
z8sierra3_zpsac13da3c.jpg~original

Top 3;
z8jagrobifwayne3369_zps78fef104.jpg~original

Honorable mention;
z8wayne_zpsa394646b.jpg~original

z8standingssierra_zpsf44f9531.jpg~original

Standings are also found at the top of Page #1.

Last edited:
I agree. Wish I could have seen the race to the finish between you guys.
cgg
I wish I could have seen it too!
Since Manny wasn't with us, all other attempts at showing a video of this will pale in comparison to his great work.
Quality would not be a problem for me. I just want to see the final minute or so and I'm sure cgg would like to see it too.
Better late than never, I guess. Be sure to set it to 1080p, this makes it at least half-decent to watch.
The video follows Pitorsk from start to finish and at the end it switches to cgg's final thirty seconds.

That was great fun, Manny.
Thanks for keeping me company both at Monza and Brands.

Monza testing was a fantastic opportunity for me to improve my skills.
It was really nice to chase you lap after lap, and for our individual best lap times to
differ by only 0.042 after half an hour of pounding round the Monza park was crazy.

The interesting thing was how we got to those times. Completely different settings,
whereas you killed me with your top speed I had better grip and acceleration.

👍👍

MannYhAvitZ takes us on a tour of Mexico, visiting all the big tourist attractions using his trusted trademark-colored-and-numbered Z8 to travel between the locations.

1. Los Pinos
Los Pinos is the official residence and office of the President of Mexico. Located in the Bosque de Chapultepec (Chapultepec Forest) in central Mexico City, it became the presidential seat in 1934, when Gen. Lázaro Cárdenas became the first president to live here. The term Los Pinos has become a metonym for the Presidency of Mexico.
mannymexico4_zps44e3c309.jpg~original

2. Chichen Itza
Chichen Itza at the mouth of the well of the Itza was a large pre-Columbian city built by the Maya people of the Terminal Classic. The archaeological site is located in the municipality of Tinum, in the Mexican state of Yucatán.
mannymexico6_zpsa9ed1e6c.jpg~original

3. Teotihuacan
Teotihuacan was a pre-Columbian Mesoamerican city located in the Valley of Mexico, 30 miles (48 km) northeast of modern-day Mexico City, known today as the site of many of the most architecturally significant Mesoamerican pyramids built in the pre-Columbian Americas. Apart from the pyramids, Teotihuacan is also anthropologically significant for its complex, multi-family residential compounds, the Avenue of the Dead, and the small portion of its vibrant murals that have been exceptionally well-preserved.
mannymexico5_zps3d46bce8.jpg~original

4. Estadio Azteca

The Estadio Azteca is a football stadium located in the suburb of Santa Ursula in Mexico City, Mexico. Since its opening in 1966, the stadium has been the official home stadium of the Mexican professional football club América and the official national stadium of the Mexico national football team.
Regarded as one of the most famous and iconic football stadiums in the world, the stadium is the first stadium in the world to have hosted two FIFA World Cup Finals.
mannymexico1_zps9602d395.jpg~original

5. Estadio de Béisbol Monterrey
Estadio de Béisbol Monterrey is a baseball stadium in Monterrey, Mexico. It is the home field of the Sultanes Monterrey Mexican League baseball team. It holds 27,000 people, making it the largest baseball stadium in Mexico and the third largest in Latin America.
mannymexico2_zpsdcf34c88.jpg~original

6. ???
Help me out here, Manny. I forgot where this place was. :embarrassed:
mannymexico3_zps305f8eca.jpg~original

^^^ Interesting. He gets about in that Z8 does Manny! I'm not sure those baseball players appreciated his visit though.

Note to hob and If, do not stop and chat before the finish line
We were just admiring the scenery. :)

Due to Smiley's DTM postponement, I'm hoping to be there today for Monza and Brands. And Maximus should be tagging along too.
(If I get chance, I might see if I can enlist a few others as well)

Can you confirm Jocke, that from your picture it's Brands Hatch Indy you're using?

Last edited:
He gets about in that Z8 does Manny! I'm not sure those baseball players appreciated his visit though.
What do you mean, they awarded Manny the MVP trophy of the game.
Due to Smiley's DTM postponement, I'm hoping to be there today for Monza and Brands. And Maximum should be tagging along too.
(If I get chance, I might see if I can enlist a few others as well)
Can you confirm Jocke, that from your picture it's Brands Hatch Indy you're using?
It is indeed Indy, I do hope Max's internet will allow him access to the track this time ;) that would be terrific.

If enough people are up for it, maybe finish off with a non-points lap around the N24h configuration?
Minus qualifying, of course.

MannYhAvitZ takes us on a tour of Mexico, visiting all the big tourist attractions using his trusted trademark-colored-and-numbered Z8 to travel between the locations.

1. Los Pinos
Los Pinos is the official residence and office of the President of Mexico. Located in the Bosque de Chapultepec (Chapultepec Forest) in central Mexico City, it became the presidential seat in 1934, when Gen. Lázaro Cárdenas became the first president to live here. The term Los Pinos has become a metonym for the Presidency of Mexico.

2. Chichen Itza
Chichen Itza at the mouth of the well of the Itza was a large pre-Columbian city built by the Maya people of the Terminal Classic. The archaeological site is located in the municipality of Tinum, in the Mexican state of Yucatán.

3. Teotihuacan
Teotihuacan was a pre-Columbian Mesoamerican city located in the Valley of Mexico, 30 miles (48 km) northeast of modern-day Mexico City, known today as the site of many of the most architecturally significant Mesoamerican pyramids built in the pre-Columbian Americas. Apart from the pyramids, Teotihuacan is also anthropologically significant for its complex, multi-family residential compounds, the Avenue of the Dead, and the small portion of its vibrant murals that have been exceptionally well-preserved.

4. Estadio Azteca

The Estadio Azteca is a football stadium located in the suburb of Santa Ursula in Mexico City, Mexico. Since its opening in 1966, the stadium has been the official home stadium of the Mexican professional football club América and the official national stadium of the Mexico national football team.
Regarded as one of the most famous and iconic football stadiums in the world, the stadium is the first stadium in the world to have hosted two FIFA World Cup Finals.

Estadio de Béisbol Monterrey is a baseball stadium in Monterrey, Mexico. It is the home field of the Sultanes Monterrey Mexican League baseball team. It holds 27,000 people, making it the largest baseball stadium in Mexico and the third largest in Latin America.

6. ???

Love it!! And trust me there is more places to visit!

Reason I had to bring my Z8 with me and have it near me at all times is cause it doesn't have a hard top! If I leave it unattended I am sure I will be walking home lol

1. Los Pinos

2. Chichen Itza

3. Teotihuacan

4. Estadio Azteca

6. ???
Nice pictures Manny- They look so real! :D

That first room =
images

Second room =
images

Thanks for joining everyone. I didn't hear any complaints about behaviour and the racing felt very nice.
Great group of drivers. 👍
The one-lap qualifying really adds extra excitement in my opinion. You simply can not afford any mistakes.
I'll add up all the points and for Tuesday there will probably be a reset of the standings and everyone
starts from scratch again.
Previously there were never any points for fastest laps, but I'd like to change that.
Everything else gets you points so why not fastest lap.

It's still a Club Championship, though, while points are important it's still mostly meant for fun and
for the possibility of comparing oneself to others.

Great racing guys. Thanks for the fun Jocke. :cheers:
A few quick pictures.
You mean.. A few quick excellent pictures!

I'm especially loving the last one, worthy of framing and hanging up onto a livingroom wall.
love.gif

It looks so realistic. And I see you went with a carbon-fibre bonnet 👍
Thanks, If

ps. I wish that second Brands race could have gone on forever. That was really exciting.
And I noticed someone voting for Cape Ring?, but it never came about. Next time perhaps
a theme of strictly original tracks?

October Schedule - #214

z8suzukapromo2_zps7e924539.jpg~original

newsettings_zpsb24af9db.jpg~original

More info at Post #1

I will post the results from Monza and Brands Hatch soon,
as well as the final standings of this inaugural 'first-driver-to-2,000-points' season,
that was concluded after the second Brands race.

This special Bianchi-event on Tuesday will mark the beginning of the next phase of the Club.
Points will be reset pre-event and everyone will start from scratch once again.
I don't know if 2,000 should be the goal this time, too. What do you think?

Also, there is one new addition;

points_zpsb663f9f5.jpg~original

Latest Posts

Back